monday morning at home weigh in

Well done everyone else too - and have a great holiday Suzy and enjoy Menorca.
I've never been there - although been to 3 or the other Ballearic islands

Thanks Pommette, we had a lovely time thanks, it was our second time in Menorca, it's nice and clean and quiet, just how I like it.
I didn't bother weighing last week as my scales said 'err' when I got on...I figured they needed a new battery and it wasn't because I had got too fat!! They were probably protesting after being used the weigh the luggage the previous week. I didn't reckon I'd put too much on anyway cos all my clothes still fit perfectly.

Today I've put the new battery in the scales and this morning they told me that I have put a pound on, have been to official group weigh in tonight and their scales confirm exactly the same reading, soooo 1lb on for me this week which I'm really pleased with after 7 days of 4 course breakfasts and 4 course dinners and loads of 'alcofrol'!! :D

Well done all weighers x

Hi

This is my 3rd week on sw at home. Not recorded on here yet, but will start today as had a 2.5 loss this week.

Only 1.5 off hitting half a stone target, so fingers crossed.

I shall hang my head in shame this morning, but only briefly! 3lb gain for me this week :( but I have just got back from 4 days in Disneyland Paris and I had so many goodies while I was there so I expected it! I had said all along I was going to have a great time and eat what ever I wanted! I've lost it once, I can loose it again! :)
Back to work and back on plan this morning! Here we go!

Good luck everyone else x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

3lbs off for me. I'm away next weekend, so will try to be very good during the week (as I'm bound to have a lot of syns on Saturday night)

Good luck everyone x

2lb off for me this wk :)

Good luck everyone x

STS for me this week; what a bummer:(

Steps for me this week: 19044

I was hoping for a loss. hopefully next week.

2 1/2 lbs off for me this week :)

It's my son's birthday today so pizza and birthday cake for tea tonight :eek: can't disapoint him by not joining in ;)

I officially joined SW last Monday but started the plan last Sunday, so in 1 week 1 day I've lost 7 1/2 lbs

Already looking forward to weighing next week, hoping I reach my first Mini Target

Well here I am a day late. Would you believe I forgot to WI yesterday? ME? The scaley dale hopper.
We overslept. And I was in such a rush to get up, dressed and out, that it was only after my 2nd swift cup of tea that I realised I hadn't been on the scales.

½lb on - again. But not too unhappy after last week's traumas (got attacked by wasps and lots of stings and didn't feel well all week = comfort food)
That puts me 3¼ lbs over target - so just ¼lb out of range.

Won't be here next week - as I'm coming back to sunny :( blighty to help mum get her house sorted ready for her move to sheltered accomodation.
Not looking forward to it as she has 35 years of "treasures" accumulated and she insists there is nothing she can throw away.
6 wardrobes crammed full of clothes plus the spare bed in her bedroom piled high - and these are the only ones she wears.
The rest are all at least 2 sizes too small but she still won't part with anything.

Last edited:
Laura

Well done! Keep up the good work.

Well here I am a day late. Would you believe I forgot to WI yesterday? ME? The scaley dale hopper.
We overslept. And I was in such a rush to get up, dressed and out, that it was only after my 2nd swift cup of tea that I realised I hadn't been on the scales.

½lb on - again. But not too unhappy after last week's traumas (got attacked by wasps and lots of stings and didn't feel well all week = comfort food)
That puts me 3¼ lbs over target - so just ¼lb out of range.

Won't be here next week - as I'm coming back to sunny :( blighty to help mum get her house sorted ready for her move to sheltered accomodation.
Not looking forward to it as she has 35 years of "treasures" accumulated and she insists there is nothing she can throw away.
6 wardrobes crammed full of clothes plus the spare bed in her bedroom piled high - and these are the only ones she wears.
The rest are all at least 2 sizes too small but she still won't part with anything.

The wasp encounter sounds terrible :eek: and looking after your mum must be stressful too. You are doing really well to only have a 1/2 lb gain and be (more or less) maintaining.

I'm having a little wobble at the moment. 9 years ago I lost about 4 1/2 stone before I went off the rails and put it all back on. I've been thinking about that and the last few days I've been craving the old sugary fatty foods again. I don't know if I'm trying to jinx myself or if this is the point in my weightloss when my body suddenly wakes up to the fact that there may be a famine going on and sends the signal to eat.

So far I've managed not to binge and have used my syns to have a little of what I've been fancying but it's been hard going. Did you ever have times like this? I've been pretty confident up to now that this time I will get to target and maintain but I'm starting to doubt myself a little :(

Thanks for your lovely words Pigler - Summer's going to be tricky but I'll survive

I "have times like that" all the time.
I HATE with a vengeance the people that say "Oh, SW has completely put me off sugary and fatty foods"

I WISH ********************
I still love a good plate of fish and chips, and even though I'm not a chocky eater there are times when I could murder for a bar of Galaxy :(

BUT . . .

I now just get my fat photo out, compare it to my slim(mer) one in a swimsuit in public for the first time in 10 years and go and grab a yoghurt instead!

Be strong chica. Just work out why you are losing weight and keep reminding yourself of what you want to achieve.
DO NOT DOUBT YOURSELF - You'll get there

:bighug:

Thanks for your lovely words Pigler - Summer's going to be tricky but I'll survive

I "have times like that" all the time.
I HATE with a vengeance the people that say "Oh, SW has completely put me off sugary and fatty foods"

I WISH ********************
I still love a good plate of fish and chips, and even though I'm not a chocky eater there are times when I could murder for a bar of Galaxy :(

BUT . . .

I now just get my fat photo out, compare it to my slim(mer) one in a swimsuit in public for the first time in 10 years and go and grab a yoghurt instead!

Be strong chica. Just work out why you are losing weight and keep reminding yourself of what you want to achieve.
DO NOT DOUBT YOURSELF - You'll get there

:bighug:

Thankyou :) I guess I knew I wasn't really "cured" of having cravings.

I feel a bit more positive now, I really don't want to put the weight back on. When temptation strikes I'll try to remember how I used to feel at my heaviest and how much better I feel now.

Thankyou :) I guess I knew I wasn't really "cured" of having cravings.

I feel a bit more positive now, I really don't want to put the weight back on. When temptation strikes I'll try to remember how I used to feel at my heaviest and how much better I feel now.
Atta-girl! If you felt anything like I did I stuggled going up stairs, I got out of breath at the slightest exertion of anything but a gentle stroll.
Can't say I can run again - still too unfit and arthritic for that :8855: but I can now walk a lot faster and my arthritis is sooooooooooo much better.
Less weight to carry!

You are doing fantstically. Almost 4.5 stone gone!!! Brilliant. And in not that long either if your stats are right.

Atta-girl! If you felt anything like I did I stuggled going up stairs, I got out of breath at the slightest exertion of anything but a gentle stroll.
Can't say I can run again - still too unfit and arthritic for that :8855: but I can now walk a lot faster and my arthritis is sooooooooooo much better.
Less weight to carry!

You are doing fantstically. Almost 4.5 stone gone!!! Brilliant. And in not that long either if your stats are right.

Ah stairs....that sounds familiar :) I remember last summer struggling to walk up a hill and being more out of puff than my asthmatic partner!

I'm feeling better today, not thinking about food so much and stronger in my resolve.

My stats are right. I'm not in a rush to lose the weight but I've found it pretty easy to stick to the plan up to now which is why I had a bit of a panic when I thought it might all go wrong. I had a wake up call back in January when I had my 40+ health check because my cholesterol was high and there were indicators of prediabetes. It was the extra incentive I needed to make some changes. I was told I could ask for a retest after 6 months so I'm going back to my GP in a couple of weeks and I hope to get better results.

Hey, is it ok if I join monday morning weigh in? I started last monday, so my first weigh in will be this monday?

Lulu

xxx

This will be a very good group to get advice and support from, I am new to slimming world and I am now on my 3rd week. So far I have lost 9lb just need to saty focues and think this group will help me to do this :)

Hi all - not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in. I had a really good week until last night - was at friends and had far too much food and booze, then a fry up this morning...

Hopefully it won't have done too much harm. It was my first bad day in 6 weeks (lost 1st 3lb so far) so I'm not going to beat myself up about it!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow x

Back