monday morning at home weigh in

mummykaya said:
Well done on keeping it off - I think that must be the most difficult thing about this journey!

Thanks, it is quite tricky, it's just a case of finding a good balance and it's a good job you get a 3lb either way allowance as my weight is up and down between the max and min just about every week. I'm determined to stay in target range forever this time :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So many great losses - well done Monday Girls.

Well I'm back home from the UK - mum is in her new flat. Not really settled yet but getting there.

Hmmmm - well I've lost more weight whilst in the UK. Only 0.3 kg (0.66 lbs) but that now puts me 2.7 kgs under official target and 1.6 kg (3.43 lbs) under my 5 stone goal. So I'd be well and truly paying if I was going to class.

Question is - do I actually now lower my target again so it's at the 5 stone point and see how I go from there?

I'm not realy maintaining very well mind as these are my losses for the last 10 weeks. Up and down on alternate weeks.

DateLoss (lbs)
21/07/21023.75
30/07/2012
gain 0.88
06/08/2012
13/08/2012
gain 3.31
20/08/2012
27/08/2012
gain 1.32
03/09/2012
10/09/2012
gain 0.66
17/09/2012
24/09/2012

I'm even out of range of my 5 stone target !!! But I suspect now I've stopped all the body magic of moving mum and hopefuly a lot of the stress too my weight will settle down again.

Maybe I'll leave it another week or so and take it from there.

PS - You'll be pleased to know that it is weeing down in Spain so I still have my jeans on plus socks and trainers and a jumper. This is just not fair!!!! I want some sun and to be able to sit in the hot tub.

Hi Pommette, I think you should wait a while before lowering your target, maybe even for a month, see how it goes now you're back home and back to your usual routine. Shame about the weather, hope you haven't been affected by the floods :)

Last edited:
Floods were a nightmare! Obviously not quite as bad Malaga but oh boy was I scared!

It was weeing down constantly from 2am Thursday morning and Friday we had the really mega storm. It hammered down for about an hour and I had water running down the walls in our bedroom, dining room, kitchen and naya (covered patio area). But the garage roof was just leaking like a sieve. I had to put 4 great big slashes into the awning as each concertina bit was full of water and the supports bars were sagging about 10 inches. There was a serious danger that the weight of the water would rip it out of the wall and make it all collapse. The patio itself - which is about 6" lower than the house - was over 5" deep in water and the house was in danger of being flooded. Plus there was a river of water running down the street about 6" deep.

So all in all a pretty scary time. It took me about 2 hours to mop up once the rain stopped and it all settled down - and then I went to the pub for a large brandy !!

And yes - I'll wait a wee while until I decide what to do about target.

Oh Pommette, that sounds horrendous! There's been some pretty freaky weather going on around the world in recent years, don't like it. That brandy was very much deserved! Take care x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Normal service resumed yesterday - clear blue skies and sun. Not hot but very pleasant.

The worst of the storms were south of us - we just caught the tail end of the storm.
In Malaga they had 9.6" rain in the morning alone and people were killed (10 I think) as a flash flood swept through.
Very Scary.

Hi,

I am new on here, I have done slimming world before but now can't get to class so wondered if it was OK if I joined your monday morning weigh ins? I am down to have gastric surgery and have an appointment at the end of October, but I really want to avoid the surgery if possible, so all support gratefully received. I was shocked to find that last week I weighed a MASSIVE 23stone! So just down from here. I am a size 24, and I am going to Florida next year and would love to be a size 16 before I go, just need help occassionally!!! Thanks for listening to me moan on. And remember Anything is possible if you can Dream it!!!!

I feel awful this week!

I've spent only 2 nights in my own bed, have had to live on kids adventure holiday food, take always and restaurant food. :( I'm extremely tired and groggy and suspect the scales really are going to HATE me in the morning! Why has my job caused me this this week?! Not happy!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

After starting a couple of weeks ago and promptly catching a bug, I was just about we'll enough to get started again last Monday, making today my first weigh in. I haven't had a 100% week for various reason bust have still managed to lost 1.5lbs, which is a mahoosive relief! :)

Well this was my first weigh in and proud to say the scales showed a 4lb weight loss!!!!!! I was a bit naughty at the weekend...so beyond chuffed with that!!!!!

Here's to another few pounds by next week....desperately trying to avoid a gastric sleeve!!!!!

Well this was my first weigh in and proud to say the scales showed a 4lb weight loss!!!!!! I was a bit naughty at the weekend...so beyond chuffed with that!!!!!

Here's to another few pounds by next week....desperately trying to avoid a gastric sleeve!!!!!

thats fantastic, i bet you are really pleased with that.

julie

Well done agent44, mrspepperpot and dixiechick01.

This maintaining lark is tricky! I've lost another 0.1 kg (approx 0.2 lbs) since I got home last Thursday.
At least the loss had slowed down though. Now 2.8 kg under official target.

Having had a think, I will probably reset my target - I know I said I'd wait but . . .
If I set it to 11 st 3½ lbs (71.44 kg) - with the 3 lbs either way I can drift between 11 st and 11½ stone.
At 71.44 by BMI is also exactly 25 !!!

Last edited:
Well done everyone on your losses :) and Pommette, that sounds like a good plan.

1lb off for me today, giving me my 5 1/2 shiney :D

Well done everybody - lots of fantastic losses this week. Very excited to report a 4lb loss for me :)
Hope you all have a succesful week.

Welcome to the new starts ... wishing them lots of luck! Some great losses this week - well done!! I must have hit the "like" button 20 times!

No change on the scales for me this morning, but I was expecting that or even worse! We had a great weekend in Missouri and I thought I might have put weight on with all the food we ate, so staying the same weight is a big bonus. I'm full of motivation this week ... I'm renewing my swimming membership tonight and will be hitting the indoor walking track and pool with a vengeance! Have a great week everyone! :) xx

Hi Moppet and Parker. You couldn't have been too bad if you both stayed the same so well done and wishing you both a good week this week!

Well done agent44, mrspepperpot and dixiechick01.

This maintaining lark is tricky! I've lost another 0.1 kg (approx 0.2 lbs) since I got home last Thursday.
At least the loss had slowed down though. Now 2.8 kg under official target.

Thank you and well done to everyone else!

As for your mainitaining 'issue'... I can only dream, lol! ;)

. . . As for your mainitaining 'issue'... I can only dream, lol! ;)
You'll get there chica - I could only dream too 6 years ago . . . and here I am !:D

Back