monday morning at home weigh in

2lbs off :) totally undeserved I'll admit as I've eaten crap but I'll take it. Either way I'm back on it this week xxxx.

Hi all

I really hope you can help me, i feel so down

So ive had a good SW first week and yesterday i was delighted as my scales went from 83.7kg (when i started) to 82.1kg on Sunday!

Anyhow today i get up and i weigh myself and guess what im now 82.7kg and i feel miserable! I havent cheated on the diet and i dont know why the weight has gone up especially on my weigh in day (Same scales etc)

It is time of month for me at the moment but it was towards the middle of last week, although its only just gone heavier...i am goin to the toilet alot and with that i cannot see it can be water retention.

Please help me :( i dont want to be demotivated already!

Well ive gained 1lb this week, but had 3rd pretty bad week due to funerals and being rediculously busy at work so im ok with it, and im back on track today, and going to work really hard on it this week! Even started a bit of a food diary next to my graph so I can keep track of stuff more easily!

Hi all

So ive had a good SW first week and yesterday i was delighted as my scales went from 83.7kg (when i started) to 82.1kg on Sunday!

Anyhow today i get up and i weigh myself and guess what im now 82.7kg and i feel miserable! I havent cheated on the diet and i dont know why the weight has gone up especially on my weigh in day (Same scales etc)

It is time of month for me at the moment but it was towards the middle of last week, although its only just gone heavier...i am goin to the toilet alot and with that i cannot see it can be water retention.

If I was you I would not weigh yourself any time other than on a monday if that is the day you have chosen, that way you wont see fluctuation within the week. And you also need to focus on the fact that you have still lost 1kg (2lbs) this is a good steady weekly loss, keep focusing on this good thing and have another good week, make sure you are getting your super speed foods in, and hopefully it will show next week :) keep positive and if it is ur time of month then maybe this has put a bit of a downer feeling on the week??

Hey everyone :)
Please can I join in again on this thread?
I was on it a while back.... Now starting SW from home again today.
I did really well with SW a few years back. I have since had a little one who has just turned 2.
Despite losing almost 2 stone since having him, I have spent the past few months on a bender eating terribly bad foods and have fallen off of the wagon spectacularly...

I still need to lose a stone so here I am starting again and hoping to lose :)
Excited and nervous

Good luck everyone xx

Hi all

If I was you I would not weigh yourself any time other than on a monday if that is the day you have chosen, that way you wont see fluctuation within the week. And you also need to focus on the fact that you have still lost 1kg (2lbs) this is a good steady weekly loss, keep focusing on this good thing and have another good week, make sure you are getting your super speed foods in, and hopefully it will show next week :) keep positive and if it is ur time of month then maybe this has put a bit of a downer feeling on the week??

What Kitten said - do not weigh every day unless you understand the consequences . . . and one of them is that they can go up.
Your weight fluctuates all the time and WILL vary day-to-day.
It can be affected by TotM, how many carbs you've had, how much sleep you've had, whether you've been to to the loo etc etc

I'm a naughty daily scale hopper BUT I understand that, like the stock market, things can go up and well as down . . . and they do!
My biggest single daily gain was 2 kg - that's almost 4½ lbs.
I'd had very little sleep, I was constipated and I'd eaten too much bread and pasta (aad my body hates processed carbs).
Next day after an *ahem* big visit, lots of superspeed fruit and veg and a good night's sleep I'd lost 2½ kg - over 5 lbs.

So . . . put those scales away until next Monday and trust in the diet. It works.
1kg is a good loss so smile about it rather than feel down . . . and remember that yesterday was probably the flukey result.

Last edited:
Hello ladies

weighed in yesterday and have STS ...again. But, I had a try on of my smaller summer clothes today and some went in the bin, as they where too big!! I had been getting a bit disheartened, as maintaining the last month or two, but after today, my shape is getting slimmer even if my weight isn't moving all that much. One pair of shorts actually fell down when buttoned up...and they where never classed as fat shorts! :eek:

Hello ladies

weighed in yesterday and have STS ...again. But, I had a try on of my smaller summer clothes today and some went in the bin, as they where too big!! I had been getting a bit disheartened, as maintaining the last month or two, but after today, my shape is getting slimmer even if my weight isn't moving all that much. One pair of shorts actually fell down when buttoned up...and they where never classed as fat shorts! :eek:

Absolutely love this news :) so happy for you and helps to show that weight doesnt always have to go down to see results! Yay for you :)

Mondays will be a fab day for me - I'm in! I'm not veggie but will be eating from the green menus also as I find the green recipes more filling... Could do with some motivation... :)

Mondays will be a fab day for me - I'm in! I'm not veggie but will be eating from the green menus also as I find the green recipes more filling... Could do with some motivation... :)

There is always loads of motivation and support here! Just having a completely different view put across can help so much! Welcome to monday weigh ins! :D

Hey everyone :)
Please can I join in again on this thread?
I was on it a while back.... Now starting SW from home again today.
I did really well with SW a few years back. I have since had a little one who has just turned 2.
Despite losing almost 2 stone since having him, I have spent the past few months on a bender eating terribly bad foods and have fallen off of the wagon spectacularly...

I still need to lose a stone so here I am starting again and hoping to lose :)
Excited and nervous

Good luck everyone xx

No-one ever has to ask I do believe :)

Best of luck - you can do this!

xxxx

Hey everyone bit late at posting but I STS again for a 2nd week running now.. was feeling a bit disheartened but I have kicked up the exercise a lot this week so hoping for a loss by Mon and have also realised I've been eating too many syns so it's back to basics sort of week so far :)

Hope it's been a good week so far for everyone :) xx

Fingers crossed for a good loss this week for you Colleen!

Was naughty last night while eating out with friends I haven't seen in a year but we will see how the scales fair in about 15 hours!

Im too scared to go down and find out? ...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Im too scared to go down and find out? ...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I know that feeling :) felt like that for 3 weeks, but this week I was excited again!

Morning all, hope everyone is having a good monday (if there is such a thing) ive lost 4lb this week :) woooo! Worked extremely hard for it tho!

Good luck everyone! And remember now is the start of a new week so even if your disheartened now dont let it ruin the next week!

Morning :)

Lost 1lb so now 10st 1lb :)?and TOTM so hoping I can smash the 10st barrier next week :D

well done to everyone so far xxxx

Back