Monday weigh in

Don't worry too much about it. I think you need to make sure that you build a chocolate bar into your syns allowance every day so that you're not craving chocolate. Try that and see how it goes.

Good luck xxx

thanks mini i am trying to sort my weight loss ticker now :)
wackyjacobeany do you know you can have 2 x choco/orange fudge alpen light bars as a Healthy Extra B? They
have totally helped me as I too have the same problem with chocolate :)

Hi Everyone,

I have gained 1lb this week, I am finding it really hard to loose these 2-3lbs so I get to my 4 stone loss:cry: I am up & down like a yoyo and has been since xmas.

Can someone please give me a kick up the bum please.

Good luck to all you monday weigh ers.

Lyn

I want to apologise in advance as i will be letting the monday weighers down this week, i have had the worst week and am sure for a big gain maybe 3-4lbs i am going to WI tonight tho and will let you all know what happens:cry:

xx

I lost just half a pound this week...
I thought it would be better than that as last weeks weigh in was a loss of 2.5lbs and that was taken a day before my period.

Another 1 lb off for me this week :). Wish it would come off a bit faster but must learn patience :eek:

Pesty, so sorry to hear of your difficult week which i read on another thread. Thoughts are with you x x

I gained a pound this week, which isnt too bad, because Friday nite went out for a meal and stuffed myself silly. Plus I had a big 6Ib weight loss last week, so still a good weight loss for this 4 weeks (am just starting week 7). Been back on track, no making things worse, so am in control. :)

well done everyone for your losses this week

unfortunately i stayed the same! :(

the only thing i did differently was drink vodka (with a diet mixer) so it must've been that!
i didn't have a takeaway afterwards though i was tempted!

can anyone from experience recommend a drink that doesn't reflect badly on their weighloss as i only have one night out a month but i don't want this to undo all my hard work from the previous weeks...

thanks guys

x x x

the only thing i did differently was drink vodka (with a diet mixer) so it must've been that!
i didn't have a takeaway afterwards though i was tempted!

x x x

Did you have many as I wouldn't have thought one night a month of drinking could have a great deal of impact.

My drink of choice is vodka with a diet mixer and so far so good, but I do tend to stick to 15 syns worth :D

Dont know what your previous losses have been like maybe its just your body reacting to a change in your diet , but there are quite a few on here that drink once a week and have no problems.

Have you tried writing a food diary on here and we could have a look at it for you to see if theres anything we can suggest.

Well done for rejecting the takeaway, a good tip I find that comes in useful for me is to prepare something to eat before you go out so you can eat when you get in, I had a sw curry waiting when i got in on saturday.

good luck for the coming week and dont be disheartened :D

well i am ashamed to say i had a full bottle! (70cl so goodness knows how many sins is in that!)

a friend has suggested i save up my sins through the week before i'm due to go out but i have also heard this can be detrimental to weight loss.

i know i should probably just exercise more self control but one minute it was there and the next the bottle was empty and five hours had passed just chattin with the girls!

i think i might keep a diary this week and post it on here next monday would that be ok or should i post daily?

thanks so much for your support

x x x

Really happy
Lost 2lb
Wish it could have been 3.5 so I could have seen 9st 13lb on the scales, just wonna get into the 9s, fingers crossed for next week!
Good luck everyone:)

well i am ashamed to say i had a full bottle! (70cl so goodness knows how many sins is in that!)

a friend has suggested i save up my sins through the week before i'm due to go out but i have also heard this can be detrimental to weight loss.

i know i should probably just exercise more self control but one minute it was there and the next the bottle was empty and five hours had passed just chattin with the girls!

i think i might keep a diary this week and post it on here next monday would that be ok or should i post daily?

thanks so much for your support

x x x

Ok I just worked this out for you.

A pub measure is 35ml and there is 20 pub measure servings per 70Cl (700ml) There is 1.5 units of alcohol per pub measure, so you consumed 30 units of alcohol in one evening.

There are 4 syns per pub measure of Vodka and as you had 20 servings, your total syns were 80

Here comes my mother hen bit, and its only cos I care about your well being!

Its very dangerous to drink that amount of vodka in one sitting, your way over the recommended limit for women. The risk to your liver and kidneys is really high! Your body can't handle it, and your lucky you only stayed the same tbh.

Its proven that alcohol will effect your weight loss, you retain fluid as your body fights to flush out your liver and kidneys, its slows down your metabolism.

Never mind the effect that this amount of alcohol can have on your brain, and how long that amount will stay in your system for as well. I hope you didn't drive anywhere the next day (considering that this amount of alcohol would take 30 hours to totally leave your body)! Your far to precious to do this to yourself or your body. Everything in moderation as they say!

Women should drink no more than 14 units of alcohol per week (and no more than three units in any one day).

3 and a half off - and Club 10! Aiming for my 2 and a half stone award next week, so need to lose a pound and a half next week.

Well done to all the losers this week - good luck for everyone next week!

Well done! Will keep my fingers crossed for you next week! ;)

Well done to all you losers this week!!! Unfortunately I STS this week!! Disappointed as I have had a pretty good week!! Oh well, I'm looking at the bigger picture- I lost 4.5 lb last week which is NOT to be sniffed at so I kind of feel that I could afford it this week!! XXX

Back