Monday weigh in

I'm back for good this time,

Hi everyone, to all you I don't know and to those who remember me!
I'm Back, I have had a rough time over the last few months, what with my OH having a stroke, luckily for him he only had minor problems left with him, he then had an ankle replacement at the end of January, which he is still recovering from, and I myself am still unwell with back and hip problems. I have had a bad few months and consequently I have fallen to food as comfort, I don't have the energy to look after myself as I have been running (very slowly) around after my OH, you would think I would be a stick insect by now, unfortunately I haven't been eating right and grabbing chocolate as comfort.
But all that is about to change, this morning I got up and had so much pain in my joints I said to myself enough is enough, if you don't sought your life out you are going to end up a cripple, I know I have arthritis in my back and hips but the weight will not help them and I don't want to be on pain killers all the time.
So this morning I took stock of my life then I weighed myself to find I had hit the 16 stone mark, which was like a blow to the stomach!
I even told my OH how much I weighed and I have never told him how much I weigh, so I feel I have turned a corner, Just by admitting this to him.
So I have started back on the SW plan and I'm just about to go into town and get some supplies in so I won't waver, I know this plan works as I have lost over 5 stone before, I also know when I am focused I can succeed so today is the day to start being focused,
I will also start posting my diary's again which I found did help.
I always weighed on a Monday so I am going back to doing this, so hope you will let me back in and I may need your help on my journey, Please check out my diary later on today and any comments are always welcome!
For now thank you for reading my story and look forward to catching up with you all xx

Hey everyone,

well i'm off them stupid diet pills that i hold my hands up and say what a waste of time! hahaha
So giving up chocolate for lent! I'm moving into my house (i'm finally leaving home) easter weekend so i thought it would be a good way to fill the 40days haha x x

Anyway im 12,12 i dont even know what i've lost since i was last on ere i think i've had 2 sts weeks! But hey i'll get there x x

Thats such a good thing to give up! Good luck chick, :) i've neva done it b4 so im so hoping i can! Its gonna be worse than giving up smoking not having choc i must eat a bar a day haha x x

Ooops - totally wrong thread!!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Im normally on a monday weigh in, but had to weigh in tonight!! Lost 3lbs!! yay!! Kinda makes up for last weeks 1lb gain! chuffed :)

After my 1lb gain on Monday, I've been super good so far this week! Hoping that if I get a good loss next Monday it'll encourage me to stick to plan and do some exercise in future weeks.

Hope all other Monday-ers are having good weeks too!!

aimzleytuk said:
Put on half a pound this week! I know exactly where it came from! ( damn u krispy kreme!!)
Now need to knuckle down this week and get rid of the pound and a half i have gained over past 2 weeks!!
Been looking on here for inspirational recipes so watch this space!!
Xxx

Sorry guys, my post above (asking about fave food) was aimed at aimzleytuk! 4got to quote! X

I'm already dreading Monday's weigh in:( In case I haven't lost. I feel fantastic,better than I have felt in a long time but don't feel like I lost any weight:(

Dreading weigh in on Monday was hoping for a good loss because I have been doing couch to 5 k religiously and really stuck to plan but now it's * week so not holding out much hope :( still gonna run tomorrow though because I had decided maybe I shouldn't bother!!

I'm doing the Slimathon and I'm a bit scared as I really need to lose on average 2.5lb a week. Hopefully a loss tomorrow morning. I've been a bit lazy this week with the exercise as it is * week. Fingers crossed.....

Hi everyone, to all you I don't know and to those who remember me!
I'm Back, I have had a rough time over the last few months, what with my OH having a stroke, luckily for him he only had minor problems left with him, he then had an ankle replacement at the end of January, which he is still recovering from, and I myself am still unwell with back and hip problems. I have had a bad few months and consequently I have fallen to food as comfort, I don't have the energy to look after myself as I have been running (very slowly) around after my OH, you would think I would be a stick insect by now, unfortunately I haven't been eating right and grabbing chocolate as comfort.
But all that is about to change, this morning I got up and had so much pain in my joints I said to myself enough is enough, if you don't sought your life out you are going to end up a cripple, I know I have arthritis in my back and hips but the weight will not help them and I don't want to be on pain killers all the time.
So this morning I took stock of my life then I weighed myself to find I had hit the 16 stone mark, which was like a blow to the stomach!
I even told my OH how much I weighed and I have never told him how much I weigh, so I feel I have turned a corner, Just by admitting this to him.
So I have started back on the SW plan and I'm just about to go into town and get some supplies in so I won't waver, I know this plan works as I have lost over 5 stone before, I also know when I am focused I can succeed so today is the day to start being focused,
I will also start posting my diary's again which I found did help.
I always weighed on a Monday so I am going back to doing this, so hope you will let me back in and I may need your help on my journey, Please check out my diary later on today and any comments are always welcome!
For now thank you for reading my story and look forward to catching up with you all xx

Hi NR, welcome back and sorry to hear about your OH and his illness!! Sounds very stressful- no wonder your eating has been haywire! Most of us would be the same I'm sure! Hard to stay in control when you can't control anything else that's going on and your life has been knocked off course!! Well done to you coming back here!! You are (re)starting off at basically the same weight I was when I started- I can't believe I'm only 9 lb from target now (well it will be more after WI tomorrow night- I've definitely gained after the week I've had!!!) But it goes to show that losing slowly like I have bit by bit does get the results over time! So you can do it!! The ONLY thing that matters is that you want it and are back here willing to do it!! You know what they say, Where there's a will there's a way and I'm a big believer in that!! XXX

I lost 3lb!!

I'm really excited about it especially after last week's blow out and STS. Almost a quarter of the way through my journey.

I hope everyone else has a good WI. We CAN do it with the support of the people on here.

X

Well done hel10683, that's great!
I managed 2lb again this week, seems to be the steady norm at the moment.
Good luck for all of you who weigh in today!

Well done hel and ammsas!!

I also lost this week (after a 1lb gain last week) - a whopping 6lb!

That gets me my 1.5 stone award, and am aiming to get Club 10 next week (2lb away).

Was super good all week - loads of superfree food and had 4 sessions on the exercise bike and am so pleased it worked!

I needed a bit of a kick-start - it makes me more determined to continue. Thanks to everyone on this site - it really helps to know others are going through the same thing.

Good luck for the weigh-ins everyone!!!

Squeako said:
Well done hel and ammsas!!

I also lost this week (after a 1lb gain last week) - a whopping 6lb!

That gets me my 1.5 stone award, and am aiming to get Club 10 next week (2lb away).

Was super good all week - loads of superfree food and had 4 sessions on the exercise bike and am so pleased it worked!

I needed a bit of a kick-start - it makes me more determined to continue. Thanks to everyone on this site - it really helps to know others are going through the same thing.

Good luck for the weigh-ins everyone!!!

WOW squeako, that's absolutely fantastic!!!!!! Well done you!!!

Back