Money is tight so starting at home !

shelley1

Hi everyone,

I have recently left my group as I found I wasn't doing anything there I could not manage at home ? I am starting from home today but Im a bit scared of being loosey goosey lol x We will see.
I am going to weigh myself tomorrow as I forgot this morning ! I know I have put on weight since my last group session so will face the music in the morning.
I have a wedding on 19th May and I am aiming for a 1st loss :confused:

I do it from home too as I can't afford group.

I suggest still keeping a food diary of everything you eat. Good luck!

Yep I still do my food diaries. I kept a hard copy at the office so I can still use my original sw ones x

I joined group at the start of my SW journey & found it wasn't for me & have managed to reach target all on my ownsome, with the help from here who I classify as my 'support group'! Could I have done it quicker at group? Who's to say, but I had myself to answer to & the willpower to do it alone. It has been slow, but its just part of my way of thinking now in regards to food. I still keep a daily food diary on my laptop, as think thats where I've gone wrong before by not doing one & it helps keep me on track & for something that only takes a couple of minutes to do, its worth doing.
Im a Nurse who does long days & nights, so I have to be organised in my meal planning & that is key to your success.
Good luck & a stone is very do-able by May :)

I'm another one doing it from home.. I'm not having much success to be honest but having found this forum I am thinking that I need to join in more and chat to people. Hopefully it will give me some willpower and ideas.

Good luck

Kath

Go round all the diaries and say hello - you will soon get to know people on the forum which will give you ideas and the incentive to carry on.

I'm also starting from home, I usually busy so can't always stay at group and haven't really taken anything from group to be honest so starting at home, I'm doing it with my hubby and just being as honest and sticking to it as if I was going to group :) good luck to you, the support on here is amazing xx

Good luck everyone i have also started doing SW at home this week i have all the books , i did join in jan but class wasn't for mme and i found it a waste of money , so i intend to weigh every sun morning & put some money in a pot(maybe not the whole fee) , so when i have achieved a decent loss i can buy some new clothes, i know class can be a real motivater for some, but i hated the going around the group clapping and all that !! I have found this forum amazing for advice , recipes , support and esp udates for HEX ! Their is always someone to the rescue you!! Good luck everyone , i have at least 3 st to lose , i am going on holiday in 4 months so need to crack on with it ! Xxx

Hi, I'm also doing it from home. I'm on maternity leave so can't really afford class right now. I'm one week in and have lost 5lbs so hoping by coming on here for motivation I can keep up the momentum. Good luck x

Anyone is welcome to msg me for extra help n support send there diaries or chat when there about to have a blip.
This forum is excellent support. Also if you can (I know sometimes not possible) get family n friends on board. My whole family are supporting each other when we meet up like on mothers day we did a whole sw buffett not one syn on the table. I know I'm lucky but if you have unsupporttive family talk to them x

Im doing very badly right now ! I have a few stresses at home and being a former binge eater this is where my comfort is !!!!!! Im still going to the gym 3/4 times a week but will not be losing anything due to my inability to stay on plan.

Im starting my journey(second time round) from home as I dont have the time to attend group. Would be good to stay in contact for encouragement etc x x

Im starting my journey(second time round) from home as I dont have the time to attend group. Would be good to stay in contact for encouragement etc x x

From a fellow SWer, who got to target from home, please shout if you need any advice & you'll find all the info you need on here so good luck

Epic fail this week :sigh: |Zumba x2 and gym session but bad bad bad food . Note to self Must try harder !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone!
I do SW from home with an online membership. My membership runs out at the end of April and I don't intend to re-join as apart from the chart (which I can make myself) there's not much on it I can't find here. I am disappointed there's no interaction on the site so I get my support and info from here. Apart from 2 weeks (1 STS and 1 gain from a weekend away) I've done well. I have learnt that I miss one or two things a lot but I focus on the weight loss and the benefits it brings. I find it hard not to reward myself with food so I am writing a list of things to treat myself with (for my 6kg I bought some hair straighteners, next time some shoes) It's hard going but with support and encouragement we can all do it! x

Hello everyone!
I do SW from home with an online membership. My membership runs out at the end of April and I don't intend to re-join as apart from the chart (which I can make myself) there's not much on it I can't find here. I am disappointed there's no interaction on the site so I get my support and info from here. Apart from 2 weeks (1 STS and 1 gain from a weekend away) I've done well. I have learnt that I miss one or two things a lot but I focus on the weight loss and the benefits it brings. I find it hard not to reward myself with food so I am writing a list of things to treat myself with (for my 6kg I bought some hair straighteners, next time some shoes) It's hard going but with support and encouragement we can all do it! x

I like your idea of rewards for weight loss as its difficult to stay focused when you are not going to the groups! Me and my partner have been doing slimming world at home for around the past 6 years (with the help of his sister who was a slimming world consultant) and he has lost over 2 stone but I find myself easly distracted. I am determined to keep to it this time though and I am keeping a note of everything I am eating. :) Fingers crossed!!! :fingerscrossed:

Back