Monika's Diary

xmonmonx

Well I've been on a diet for two weeks and lost 5lbs so far, however I kind of let it go these last two days. So, I'm starting again from tomorrow and planning to lose quite a bit of weight before I go on my holiday (who doesn't love the "you've lost weight" and "you look great" comments :D) I also want to get a bit healthier, because I am very much a food junkie and have a stupidly large sweet tooth, which isn't exactly healthy.

So I'll just keep this thread to record my food intake and exercise, which will hopefully motivate me and maybe even some of you that are just starting :) Wish me luck, hehe.:p

Good luck, great idea to keep a diary, it will keep you motivated. You'll get lots of support and advice on here, we are a friendly bunch, and we all understand :)

Look forward to chatting with you!

So day one of my diet consisted off:
Breakfast: 30g bowl of Kellog's Special K with semi-skinned milk, with a small glass of strawberry and banana smoothie.
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Salmon with a simple salad.
Snack: Watermelon
Dinner: Chicken salad with a light dressing.

Not too bad, hopefully it'll last :)

Second day of my diet went well (still have quite a few hours left, but hopefully I won't be naughty)
Breakfast: Special K with semi-skimmed milk and lemon and lime tea.
Snack: Strawberry and Banana Fruit Smoothie
Lunch: 1 medium size pork and cabbage roll, with potato mash.
Snack: Handfull of cashews
Dinner: Gonna have a bowl of Special K with a yoghurt.
Snack: Going to have a fruit salad.

Exercise: Went to the gym and burnt 500 calories.

Menu looks good and tasty :)

Make sure you eat enough during the day, as the body is tricked into believing its being starved, and holds onto excess weight :)
Maybe a little something extra along with the cereal at dinner-time? Filling up with fruit and veg is always hepful too :)

Have a good day, good luck! When are you weighing in?

Yep, I would usually eat something else instead of cereal, but surprisingly really wasn't hungry :D thanks for the tips though!

I'm weightning in on Saturday, fingers crossed it'll be a good result! :) Have a good day too!

Monday 13/06/2011

Breakfast: Porridge with bananas
Snack: Strawberries
Lunch: Grilled chicken with a simple side salad
Snack: Handfull of groundnuts
Dinner: Vegetable soup
Snack: Mini yoghurt and a sliced apple.

Exercise: Gym - 500 calories

Back