Monkey30's Maintenance Diary AKA: A new me...making better choices...

hey guys, again, thank you for your support. You are all fantastic.
Unfortunately, the plot thickens. My husband has had a breakdown. He went AWOL on sunday night. Finally located him, then he passed out and we couldn't wake him. Long story short, we ended up calling an ambulance and he was rushed to hospital on Monday.
As you can imagine, my head is well and truly in the shed :(

Oh, poor you......so sorry to hear that you are going through so much..yes, not surprised your head is well and truly in the shed! Bless ya! Thinking of you and hoping things start to get better.
Do hope your hubby is getting better..he is in the best place at least and will get all the help he needs.
Big hugs and thoughs from all of us here!
TAKE CARE

Aw sweetie :( What a tough time you are having right now! :hug99: Just know that this place is here for ya if you need us :) xxx

am back up to 12 stone 10lb. My pot belly back with avengence!!
Burried my Granddad yesterday.... hopefully this cloud will soon lift and I can start taking charge of my life again!! x

Hey Monkey,

I can really feel for you and your troubles right now. I'm going through some stuff myself that caused me to go completely off track over the past few weeks and so I can understand and appreciate what you are going through. Its the last thing on your mind to control your eating and intake but at the same time there is a sense of guilt that you are losing control in the one area of your life that you can control. All I can say is that time will bring you back on track, and the support of the people on here is simply amazing - they are like band aids for the soul and a way of providing you with something else to focus on. I am not over the worst of my problems yet and have many months of them to go and very little control over any of them - but am endeavouring to try and control my eating - its going to be battle but I need to do this and will do it - maybe not in the conventional way but it will be done.

I am sure that you will get yourself back on track soon - no panics about it - you have done it before so you know that you can do it again, but the trick is to not beat yourself up thinking that you have failed, you haven't you have just hit a bump in the road of this particular journey.

xxx
jools
xx

Aww monkey :hug99: xxx

***hugs*** from me too xx

You need to take time to grieve for loved ones who we have lost, its a natural process to heal our wounds. Just get yourself adjusted to what has happened over the last few weeks, then when you are feeling a little more like focusing on healthy eating, we will all still be here for you.

Hugs to you xxx

Monkey, grief takes a heavy toll on anyone. You will conquer the weight issue when you feel strong enough. Meantime, take good care of yourself and those around you.

Hey guys,
just thought I'd pop on and say hello, i'm still here!
Still having major problems with the husband, doctor thinks it will take him months to recover. :cry:

I went really far off the track, and started drinking heavily 4 nights a week. I have subsequently taken stock, given my head a shake and started to look after me again!

I'm currently 12st 11lb, however i have found a new love of the gym, which I go to for 2hours a day, about 4 days a week. Coupled with that the dog walking, my beer belly has decreased, and i'm starting to tone up. :D
I have started Champix medication to quit smoking, quit day monday, and have sorted out my diet. Its NOT brilliant, but i'm getting there :rolleyes:

i know it will take some hard work, but i'm determined to get a handle on things. 13 stone is my oh **** zone, and i will battle long and hard not to hit that zone!!!

So, hope you are all well. i do sometimes come on and check what you guys are up to!!

xx

Nice to hear from you Kt. Sounds like you're taking yourself in hand. Sometimes we need time to wallow a bit and just do whatever gets us through. We do always come out the other side though and it sounds like that's where you are now - getting there anyway.

Best of luck with everything. I love your phrase the OH **** zone ;) - I have one of those too, maybe we all do.

Keep in touch hon xx

Nice to hear from you Monkey and glad to see that you are getting yourself in check :)

Things like this can't be easy and its far too easy to 'forget' about us but well done for doing so.

hahhahhaha we all do have a oh **** zone!!!!

Nice to hear from you Monkey, and glad to hear you are getting back on track....It isnt always easy, but you have taken that decision and that step! Well done......

The gym can be a place that people just hate, so the fact that you are enjoying it is brill.....half the battle really!

Hang in there keep posting

Hey guys,
just to let you know I'm still hanging around!!
Got up to 13st 3lb, so back on LT. Started monday, ate on wednesday because I got a 3 hour tattoo (yes, midlife crisis) and nearly passed out, but straight back to it thursday. My scales put me at 12st 9lb so its working!! Think i'm only doing it till tuesday next week though, because it really sucks!!
Not smoking....!
Husband still not well, and marriage falling apart.
Ah well, 30 isn't too old to start again right??!! :cry:

xx

Its definitely harder after the first time on LT. Sorry to hear the bad news on your marriage, hopefully its just a blip and things can get back to normal.

Mid-life crisis?? 30?? Do me a favour!!! ;)!!!

Sorry you're going through it :eek:. I got married for the second time at 40 - and, incidentally, had my first tattoo at 44, second at 50 and my nose pierced at 52 so don't talk to me about mid-life crises .. LOL!!

Hope you can sort it out if that's what you want but sometimes these things are for the best.... in the end anyone, though it may not feel like it a the time.

Good luck with everything xx

Ah monkey!!!! Just look at it as what will be will be. If it's meant to happen it will :)

OMG Jan! You have tattoos? Would never ever have thought that!!! :giggle: Thats strange you mention it as my friend has just sent me through 2 designs for the one on my ankle i want!!!

Back