Red Day MonkeyPie's Quiche...(with pics!)

StaceyUK

Gold Member
Copied from the savoury slice thread. Monkeypie....this quiche is AMAZING!!! I made it tonight and it is sooo good. What a great idea to put the sausage meat on the bottom to create a 'crust'. I omited the cheese and added a layer of mushrooms - yum! I also halved the recipe and used 3 eggs and one tub of Honestly smooth cottage cheese.

Copied from MonkeyPie (hope that's ok!):

All Day Breakfast Quiche
Hi everyone,
I came up with this version yesterday for my recipe site. I've had it for today's lunch - it's delish & very filling :p I've saved some for later this afternoon as we're out at a do tonight with a meal so hopefully this will stop me stuffing my face when the food finally arrives ;)

All Day Breakfast Quiche

Syns per Serving | Original – Syn Free**
Servings |2
**add 6 Syns per serving if not using the cheese as a Healthy Extra option

Ingredients
- Fry Light
- 8 Morrisons Eat Smart Diet pork sausages
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 250gm pack lean smoked bacon, chopped
- 85gm (3 oz) reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 300gm tub very low fat cottage cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch dried mixed herbs
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 5. Spray two medium flan dishes with Fry Light. Remove the skins from the sausages and place four sausages into each dish. Flatten with a fork and spread the sausage meat over the base of the dishes; don’t worry if the sausage meat layer is really thin as the egg mixture will fill in any gaps.

2. Bake the sausage meat bases for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, fry the bacon and onion in a pan sprayed with Fry Light until the onion softens and the bacon begins to brown. Divide this mixture equally over the two flan bases.

3. Sprinkle each of the bases with 42gm (1½ oz) of the grated cheese. Blend the eggs with the cottage cheese, mixed herbs and pepper using a stick blender (or beat with a fork but the end result will not be as smooth. Spoon this mixture equally over the two bases and allow to soak in for a minute or two. Decorate the tops of the quiches with slices of cherry tomato.

4. Bake the quiches in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and set. Allow to cool, then cut into wedges and serve.

Attachments

• IMG_3868.JPG
    IMG_3868.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 865
  • IMG_3871.JPG
    IMG_3871.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 1,036
that looks good. I always used to make breakfast quiche, but without the cottage cheese, sooooo tasty!!!!

Oooh this looks lush and I'll be trying it this weekend and possibly taking it as part of my 'pack up' to Wembley on Monday. x

Wow this lloks delish! Will have to try this one when I have my occaisional red day! :p

I tried this - thanks for the recipe - very very tasty! Better than my previous attempts - I think the idea of blitzing the cottage cheese and egg with my stick mixer made it such a smoother more shop like topping. Usually I'd just have stirred it together.
Fed some to my Daughter - she's going to use it now as her open lesson for Cookery next week as theme is Eggs. My parents also loved the Quiche and my Mum isn't even keen on too much meat.
Thanks again
jill

That looks delicious, will have to stock up om eat smart sausages. Stacey like the new picture- you have done so well with your weight loss and congrats on being your class biggest looser.

looks great will try this when im on red

Thanks for posting. I've just has this for lunch and it's delicious.

Copied from the savoury slice thread. Monkeypie....this quiche is AMAZING!!! I made it tonight and it is sooo good. What a great idea to put the sausage meat on the bottom to create a 'crust'. I omited the cheese and added a layer of mushrooms - yum! I also halved the recipe and used 3 eggs and one tub of Honestly smooth cottage cheese.

Copied from MonkeyPie (hope that's ok!):

All Day Breakfast Quiche
Hi everyone,
I came up with this version yesterday for my recipe site. I've had it for today's lunch - it's delish & very filling :p I've saved some for later this afternoon as we're out at a do tonight with a meal so hopefully this will stop me stuffing my face when the food finally arrives ;)

All Day Breakfast Quiche

Syns per Serving | Original – Syn Free**
Servings |2
**add 6 Syns per serving if not using the cheese as a Healthy Extra option

Ingredients
- Fry Light
- 8 Morrisons Eat Smart Diet pork sausages
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 250gm pack lean smoked bacon, chopped
- 85gm (3 oz) reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 300gm tub very low fat cottage cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch dried mixed herbs
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 5. Spray two medium flan dishes with Fry Light. Remove the skins from the sausages and place four sausages into each dish. Flatten with a fork and spread the sausage meat over the base of the dishes; don’t worry if the sausage meat layer is really thin as the egg mixture will fill in any gaps.

2. Bake the sausage meat bases for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, fry the bacon and onion in a pan sprayed with Fry Light until the onion softens and the bacon begins to brown. Divide this mixture equally over the two flan bases.

3. Sprinkle each of the bases with 42gm (1½ oz) of the grated cheese. Blend the eggs with the cottage cheese, mixed herbs and pepper using a stick blender (or beat with a fork but the end result will not be as smooth. Spoon this mixture equally over the two bases and allow to soak in for a minute or two. Decorate the tops of the quiches with slices of cherry tomato.

4. Bake the quiches in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and set. Allow to cool, then cut into wedges and serve.

Anyone got any suggestions for alternative for the sausage base (can't get them in Ireland) ? Thanks a mil

That looks delicious!

Do you mind me asking what syns are in those sausages please? Is it half a syn each? x

Anyone got any suggestions for alternative for the sausage base (can't get them in Ireland) ? Thanks a mil

Do you have sainsburys in Ireland? If so, Be Good To Yourself Sausages are only half a syn each and they are really nice.

No unfortunately we don't have Sainsburys here :raincloud::raincloud: so back to the 'drawing board' for ideas x

No unfortunately we don't have Sainsburys here :raincloud::raincloud: so back to the 'drawing board' for ideas x

No Morrisons OR Sainsburys in N. Ireland?! Oh no!!!! Perhaps try WW sausages, they are ok.

Will look for the WW sausages, thanks for the suggestions :)

Back