2lb off for me this week! I've updated below

Lucy 0lbs off - 14lbs to go
Oasis 2lbs off - 6lbs to go
Satine 4lbs off - 6lbs to go
Annya 0lbs off - 3lbs to go
Louise 2lbs off - 8lbs to go (3.6kgs)

Well done :) I weigh on Monday, looking forward
to it! Xxx

Can I join plz wud like to loose 5 lb by end of July.
Weigh day today loss 1lb.... 4lb to go x

Thanks I did slim fast last week, haven't decided on this week yet. Either calorie counting via mfp or Juddd haven't decided yet, prob JUddd just not sure if I can do it :( x

Lucy 14lb goal - 0lbs off - 14lbs to go
Oasis 8lb goal - 2lbs off - 6lbs to go
Satine 10lb goal - 4lbs off - 6lbs to go
Annya 3lb goal - 1.8lbs off - 1.4lbs to go
Louise 10lb goal - 2lbs off - 8lbs to go (3.6kgs)
mcv 5lb goal - 1lb off - 4lbs to go

Welcome Claire! I have added you below and taken off your first pound off - well done :D

I have lost 1.8lbs this week - I am VERY surprised, but absolutely delighted!

I'm not sure what Juddd is? Is it similar to zig zagging calories? I have tried that for the past 7 days and it seems to have helped. I am desperately trying not to plateau again by eating too few calories - the last 4 week long plataeu really got me down :(

My aim now is to build more lean mass and shift an acceptable amount of my remaining fat stores. I am aiming for a body fat %tage of around 32% - healthy range for a middle aged menopausal lady like me is around 30-34%(it was 34.4% this morning so I am nearly at the upper end of healthy now...woo-hoo!!). I exercise a lot to minimise lean body mass and muscle loss and maximise fat loss which is a mix up of cardio and strength training. Some day sI can burn 500+ calories if I go out and run or cycle longer distances (it's hilly round here which really pushes up my heart rate :eek:) and have been making sure I eat at least half of them back on my average days.

I find MFP an excellent tool and am trying to NET no less than Slim Fast's goal of 1360 calories on an average day, which seems to be going well the past couple of weeks. I do have a "fat" day, where I may well eat the vast majority of my burned and earned calories (anything up to 2000 a day), a "thin day" where I net at 1200 no matter how much exercise I have done and average out the other 5 days to net +/- the Slim Fast goal of 1360.

Sorry - I sound like an MFP geek :rolleyes: There is so much rubbbish on there as well as great information it is sometimes hard to sort out the good from the bad and the downright ridiculous - and, believe me, I think I have tried it all apart from the stupid starvation groups which we all know doesn't work in the long term and can do you permanent damage!

I think the best thing to do is find out what works for you and also what you can realisitically maintain in the long term - because, after all, that is what we are all here for right.... to lose it and keep it off?
Anyway that's my fourpence worth - and so early in the morning too :8855:

Thank you, well done to you too and great advice. Yes jUddd is exactly what you've been doing but no a down day you not meant to eat more than 500 cals which is near impossible for me so I'm having a think, I wouldn't be able to go that low but going to try calorie cycling which gives you more on a down day x

Thank you, well done to you too and great advice. Yes jUddd is exactly what you've been doing but no a down day you not meant to eat more than 500 cals which is near impossible for me so I'm having a think, I wouldn't be able to go that low but going to try calorie cycling which gives you more on a down day x

Blimey! There is no way I could do 500 calories a day now. I did quite regularly (and even less) in my bad old days of ED though :( and look what it did to my metabolism! I find netting 1200 on a lean day bad enough now :eek: I am ravenous - especially if it falls on a running day :cry:

That's why I am enjoying using MFP so much as it lets me "earn" more food by exercising and I am afraid I do love my food!

Stick with what works best for you my lovely - that way you are far more likely to stick with it.

Yeah I'll try calorie cycling this week and see what happens. I wish I had the stamina and time to do something like running, I'll have to stick with power walking with the pram :) x

Yeah I'll try calorie cycling this week and see what happens. I wish I had the stamina and time to do something like running, I'll have to stick with power walking with the pram :) x

You will get there. I did the Couch25K programme to get me running regularly. A year ago I couldn't even run for a bus, now I regularly run 4-5+k with Lily (my Doberman).

Anyway power walking with resistance (the pram!) is great exercise, don't knock it :D

Walking is an excellent form of exercise, especially if it's brisk !!
Annya, how does your dog enjoy the running? Do u have him on a lead? My dog walks off lead but I only generally walk him to near by field on a quiet road, he is very much a looney tunes dog and I only took him running once, he would run ahead turn around and run straight for me, I ended up going arse over tit and never took him with me again lol

Lily is on a short lead when she runs with me - she pretty much runs beside me now, but it wasn't always like that - she did take a bit of training!

She is also a looney tunes dog (she a Doberman - they are usually a bit nuts!). We walk on lead in the local lanes to the forest (we have some real nutter car drivers round here!) then she gets let off once we are off road and no arse can come along and run her (and me!) over. She runs around like a mad thing and I would find it really hard to run and weave my way round her trying to round me up at the same time - like you I would likely end up arse over tit!

Lily loves to run with me and it is great to form a strong bond with your dog - just like alpha leading the pack out to hunt! I must admit she has got much better behaved in general since we started running together and pays far more attention to me that she used to. I am hoping to sign up for the local Canicross group who run in the Brecon Beacons soon: neither of us are fit enough for cross country running just yet, but we are getting there :) Lily is 8.5 years old now, which is getting on a bit for a Dobie, but she is well up for the running and still very fit and active.... I am hoping this will help us both stay that way.

If you can persuade your dog to run beside you, it makes running 100% more enjoyable I think. A great running companion without all the usual competitiveness that comes with it - I am far too old for all that rubbish now!

Lilly sounds lovely, Toby is a kelpie, an Australian cattle dog, you know how our border collie sheep dogs are nuts well Toby is worse, I rescued him from a farm but that's another story but let's just say he has well and truly landed on his feet!

Oh, I adore Kelpies - has he got wall eyes?

Lily is in the dog house just now - she cornered one of the chickens and scared it half to death earlier on :eek: fortunately I don't think any permanent damage has been done.

lucygilbert_123 said:
Weigh in day tomoz hope i lose xx

Good luck :) I weigh on tues nut have had a bad weekend :( not gone over my cals and I've exercised but I haven't been as strict. Gonna have super strict day tomorrow xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck :) I weigh on tues nut have had a bad weekend :( not gone over my cals and I've exercised but I haven't been as strict. Gonna have super strict day tomorrow xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don;t worry honey, as long as you have been under your calorie goal you will definitely lose - and quite a bit - 1) because of the amount you have to lose and 2) because of the fact that you are now doing abit of exercise too.

Well done and good luck.....hope you battery arrives today :D

Back