month challenge ??

Hi guys i weighed in today and really annoyed i lost 1 pound!!!! I stuck to my calorie intake and did a fair amount of exercise feeling really rubbish now grrrr

Hi guys i weighed in today and really annoyed i lost 1 pound!!!! I stuck to my calorie intake and did a fair amount of exercise feeling really rubbish now grrrr

i am suffering same thing, except i put on a pound but my weigh in day is tomorrow so today im gonna be extra strict

think about it though, its still a pound off in the right direction and you may see more off next week. dont get yourself down, you still lost weight. keep your head in the game and dont let this push you off track xxx

here u go....

Lucy 14lb goal - 1lbs off - 13lbs to go
Oasis 8lb goal - 2lbs off - 6lbs to go
Satine 10lb goal - 4lbs off - 6lbs to go
Annya 3lb goal - 1.8lbs off - 1.4lbs to go
Louise 10lb goal - 2lbs off - 8lbs to go (3.6kgs)
mcv 5lb goal - 1lb off - 4lbs to go

Lucy - it may be that your retaining water because of the extra exercise - especially the shred. Your muscle ache indicates that you have damaged you muscles (micro tears) and they will retain water to help repair. The first week I did the shred I "gained" 2lbs (!) but lost it again plus another pound the following week. Hang in there - I am sure you will see better results soon.

You have no stats up so I don't know how much you have to lose. If, like me, you are down to your last stone or less things will slow right down :( - I have only had good losses for the last 2 weeks as I have been losing processed carb bloat weight gain that I put on when on holiday. If you look at my overall loss for the last 4 weeks I have only lost 2lbs which is, on average, 0.5lbs/week :rolleyes:

Hang in there and don't forget to do you measurements too!

lucy, i thought this may be helpful, its made me realise that it wont be instant. I Started Exercising, So Why Haven't I Lost Weight Yet? | ThirdAge

Good link honey - explains cals in vs cals out well! If I find some time today (I am at work just now) I'll try and find an excellent article I read about exercise and water retention too. It explained a lot to me when I first started out. Indeed, as soon as I change up my regime a bit (which we all have to do from time to time otherwise the body just gets used to the "same old same old" and exercise becomes less effective) I always gain a couple of pounds in the first week or so :( but at least I now know why and I know it will go again - usually as fast as it arrived too!

Thanks girls im a size 16 and weigh 12st 13lbs and im 5"4 i am to get to a size 12 so down to 10st i think yea i will stick at it and hopefully get good results!!

my measurement are:
Arm 11.5 inchs
Under boob (high waist) 35inches
Low wasit/hips 45inches
Thighs 26 inches

I prob could eat healthier to altough i am staying within my cals prob not eating that great .... also about the mfp cals i use an app called endomo that counts my cals when out walking ect so i manually put them into mfp as i noticed it was a bit out xxx

Thanks girls im a size 16 and weigh 12st 13lbs and im 5"4 i am to get to a size 12 so down to 10st i think yea i will stick at it and hopefully get good results!!

my measurement are:
Arm 11.5 inchs
Low wasit/hips 45inches
Thighs 26 inches

I prob could eat healthier to altough i am staying within my cals prob not eating that great .... also about the mfp cals i use an app called endomo that counts my cals when out walking ect so i manually put them into mfp as i noticed it was a bit out xxx

Good on you Lucy :D I know it can be hard, but try and keep the faith and stay focussed - you will get there.

It has taken me over a year to lose 22 pounds, but I do have a lot going against me (age, menopause, medication etc) and I have had a stall of 6 months when I was still on Slimming World and losing and gaining the same half a stone for months! However, since I have been calorie counting and using SF to replace 1 or 2 meals a day I have had regular losses, albeit small ones, apart from my Greek holiday gain which I totally deserved and have shifted again so lots of that was processed carb bloat rather than fat.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with carbs - I am not an advocate of low-carb dieting (or any other elimination dieting for that matter) - as your body does need them to function properly - but processed stuff (white bread, pasta and rice) perosnally blow me up and make me hold on to serious amounts of water.

In my experience it is good to keep any eye on your trends and see if any particular food groups slow you losses or make you gain water weight - you might want to consider limiting your consumption of these groups if you have any (not everyone does). I do eat bread, pasta and rice but all wholemeal only and always in small quantities as it is the only way for me.

Remember to keep your veggie and (within reason) fruit consumption high - look at my diary on MFP if you like - and lots and lots and LOTS of water..... can't stress that enough as it can literally make the difference between me losing or STS some weeks when I look back over my week.I have a litre bottle of NAS squash on my desk all the time and just take a swig when ever my eye is drawn to it. Fill it up as it empties and I can drink 3 litres a day plus my tea easily - so that is probably closer to 4 litres! I did used to wee every few minutes to start off with, but I don't now. Remember your wee should be light straw coloured, any darker than that and you are dehydrated.

Anyway enough geeky garbling from me - I hope the above helps and gives you some encouragment........... that is what we are all here for................ oh, that and a big hug:bighug::bighug:

Thanks hun sooooo much *hugs back* i might try and stick to the shakes tomoz and see if that helps as i havent been drinking the shakea ive ate what i wanted as long as i didnt go over the cals mayb thats the problem?? Xxx

lucygilbert_123 said:
Thanks hun sooooo much *hugs back* i might try and stick to the shakes tomoz and see if that helps as i havent been drinking the shakea ive ate what i wanted as long as i didnt go over the cals mayb thats the problem?? Xxx

***from tomoz xx

ive gone back to the 2 shakes a day now, i didnt on the weekend and i think thats my downfall.

whats the opinion on cal limits? like say mine is 1600 and i eat 1600 cals of fried cheese sandwiches for example (bleurgh btw) , will i still lose the same amount of weight if i ate 1600 cals worth of salad? (although that would a mountain of salad lol)

lucygilbert_123 said:

my measurement are:
Arm 11.5 inchs
Low wasit/hips 45inches
Thighs 26 inches

Your doing really well just keep at it, I'm so confused with my weight, I'm 5ft 4in too but I'm a size 18 and weigh 17st 3lb's and I'm an easy 18 I've already packed away all my maternity clothes and I was even an 18 til the end of my pregnancy. But I weigh so much heavier than it looks :( I must have lead legs x

ive gone back to the 2 shakes a day now, i didnt on the weekend and i think thats my downfall.

whats the opinion on cal limits? like say mine is 1600 and i eat 1600 cals of fried cheese sandwiches for example (bleurgh btw) , will i still lose the same amount of weight if i ate 1600 cals worth of salad? (although that would a mountain of salad lol)

There are two schools of thought - those that say "you are what you eat" and those that say "eat what you like for your calories".

I personally fall in between the two schools. If you look at my diary it is far from "perfect" but I try to incorporate plenty of veggies and other healthy choices into my daily food and limit biscuits, crisps etc as I find if I have them I just want more (I am sure they put something in there to make you crave more!). For example if you look at my diary last week or it might have been the week before, I bought small snack size packs of biscuits to try limit my consumption but after a few days I was eating 2 or 3 packets a day :eek: Only 100 calories on average each, but it soon adds up if you keep going back and grazing another bag!

I think it is up to the individual to see what works for them. For me, I allow myself some treats and "naughty" foods because 1) I know I will feel deprived if I say no to everything and 2) this is a lifestyle change not a diet for me and I cannot realistically see myself living the rest of my life without a slice of cake or a packet of crisps!

Anyway - that's my fourpence worth for what it's worth - I am sure others will have views of thier own.

Hows everyone doing are u looking forward to weigh in?? Mines on mon and hoping my day out on sat wont ruin it cause i have worked damn hard this week ... good luck everyone and cant wait to see ur results xxx

I weigh in tomorrow morning and after 2 weeks of better than average losses I am not holding my breath, but only the scales will tell.

Good luck everyone. Claire - you weighed in on mfp today so you should have logged here to?

Annya said:
I weigh in tomorrow morning and after 2 weeks of better than average losses I am not holding my breath, but only the scales will tell.

Good luck everyone. Claire - you weighed in on mfp today so you should have logged here to?

Good luck for tomoz im sure ull be fine hun xx

If I hop on scales mid week I do log it in MFP if I have lost but my official weigh day is Friday.
I've reached this months goal as I have lost 4 lb this week
Goal was 5 lb last week lost 1 lb this week 4 lb
Can I change my goal? As I would like to loose another 2 lb by end of month x

Another unexpected 1.4lbs off for me this week so that's my goal achieved. Any more thismonth is a bonus. Good luck all and well dome Claire for such a massive losss - sadly I can't eat as few calories you and still function..... call it old age! I changed your goal - good luck on 2 next week - shoud be a doddle :D

Lucy 14lb goal - 1lbs off - 13lbs to go
Oasis 8lb goal - 2lbs off - 6lbs to go
Satine 10lb goal - 4lbs off - 6lbs to go
Annya 3lb goal - 3lbs off - 0lbs to go - GOAL REACHED
Louise 10lb goal - 2lbs off - 8lbs to go (3.6kgs)
mcv 7lb goal - 5lb off - 2lbs to go

Back