Monty's diary

12st 11 today -though am a bit worried about whether my scales are accurate - you get quite a bit of variance depending on which bit of the bathroom floor they are on! Have decided to take the middle reading.....

another biscuit lapse - must get myself under control better - on the more positive side did drink vast amounts of water

M

all going a bit pear shaped

Last week was, generally speaking a good one, getting back
on track after the holidays and I was plased with the loss I had when I saw my CDC on thursday but since then I have found myself cheating more and more

I am doing the 790 plan so that I can eat some normal food but recently I have been having things that are not on the CD list. It seems mainly to be where I am out for meals. Over the weekend I had some chili and salad and a bit of garlic bread and a glass of wine. Yesterday I had half a muffin and a gin and tonic and then when I was out to dinner I had a liver and bacon thing. I think I felt sort of licensed to cheat because last week had been a good one. I suppose I have to get it into my head that I am not going to lose any weight if I keep rewarding any achievement with food!

On the more positive side - I have lost some weight (I am now 12st 10) and I did two lots of exercise over the weekend and played ten holes of golf so was fairly active

Got to get myself back on the straight and narrow!

Thanks for your good wishes Kazz - as I have said before I think SSing would just be too hard for me. I find that 790 has the positive side effect that I am actually looking forward to eating my meal even though it is the sort of healthy stuff that previously I wouldn't have been too fussed about. I think (fingers crossed) that I am getting back on track anyway

I saw my cdc who tells me that despite not losing massess of weight "overall" her fat measuring device shows that I have still lost two pounds of fat this week, which I am really pleased about. I have been managing to exercise reasonably regularly and so I am hoping that that is helping to mitigate the effect of previous "lapses"

I am now going to start seeing her every two weeks and try to be a bit more disciplined in myself rather than being affected by the fact that reckoning day (i.e. weigh in) is coming.

This morning I was 12st 9. I am going to try not to go out to eat over the weekend or if I do to stick to Japanese food or to have a salad. I am also going to go to the gym at least once.

TodayI am 12st 7 which is good because -

* it is 2lb down on last week
* it means I have lost a stone and a half since I started the diet at the end of august
* I now have a BMI of 29 so am definitely no longer obese -merely overweight
* all my clothes are getting looser and I am near getting in to what I like to refer to as my "skinnyish jeans" these are a pair that I used to wear just after I came back from travelling three years ago. I can't do them up yet but it is looking like a possibility.

Hi Monty,

Well done on being overweight as it great to get out of being obese...

You have done very well with your weight loss and it is coming off and those jeans will be fitting you very shortly.

Love Mini xxx

bad bad badder still

Not a good few days - had the hump on saturday and so ate steak and chips and a glass of wine

Working from home today in proximity to coffee and walnut cake which H had bought at the weekend...the inevitable has ensued so now feeling a bit sick and woeful.

Think I had better go for a run but am waiting for cake induced nausea to die down

Its odd - I am ok at work for the most part but I am just hopeless at home left to my own devices I think its partly that I am getting down to a weight where all my clothes fit comfortably or are too loose and where I actually look - by my standards - ok. By any objective measure I still need to lose a fair bit of weight though so it is not as though I am on the final stretch

I have been getting complacent and I need to stamp down on it.... not really sure how to get my resolve revved up again.......

You can do it!:D I just found your thread... (gosh there are LOADS aren't there!)

I think you've done really well, and maybe today has a silver lining in that you know you can't resist the cake etc so maybe just ask H not to buy any more until you feel more able to resist! :)

Don't be too hard on yourself hun, look at what you have achieved so far and, if you can:rolleyes: , try and look back to what gave you the motiviation to start in the first place and see if that can give you the boost you need! :)

Hoping your day improves and that the nausea isn't too terrible! Remember... this hour is a whole new one from that last one! :D

Well done on doing so well so far - I couldn't have! :eek:

Sending happy thoughts and wishes your way.:D

thats good news!!

your scales sound a bit like mine - at my most scale obsessed i actually weighed myself on the garden path once or twice as that came up as 3lbs lighter LOL

must look on ebay for some better ones i think -

well done on your losss
you must be pleased as punch!!

Thanks for your encouraging comments - definitely know what you mean about being scales obsessed. I weigh myself every morning now. I know some people just have a weekly weigh in but I think that wouldn't work for me. At least if I look at the scales very morning it makes me mindful of the diet. If over a couple of days they have moved in the right direction I feel cheered that I am getting there and if they don't it is sort of a caution.

Had a reasonably good weekend on the food front and was fairly active. We had friends round yesterday so I had a day off and just had a normal lunch.

Scales this morning are 12 4 though can be persuaded to go to 12 3. I can now fit snugly but comfortably in to my skinny ish jeans. Next goal is to be down to 12st (or being optimistic to be in the 11s) by my birthday which is the 4th of November.

Scales are definitely now 12 3 which is good

Less good is the fact that I went out and had a large meal last night and a rather shaming amount of wine It was my friends birthday celebration and I just decided to stuff the diet for the evening.

I feel distinctly rough this morning - Will have to go to the gym this evening to atone !

scales are moving again

I am dead on twelve stone this morning which I am really chuffed about as things had been going rather slowly last week. It means that there is a chance of me being in the 11s by my birthday and means that I will soon weigh less than my husband - I have always found it rather mortifying that I weighed much more than him despite being 6 inches shorter

Other pleasing things - bought a nice size 14 blouse in Jigsaw (Jigsaw normally makes me cry because I can't find anything in my size). I still don't think I would be able to fit my frankly enormous bottom in to any of their trousers yet but may be I will be able to by the time the Winter sales come round

Bought lots of chocolates for trick or treaters but hardly any came round and so it is all sitting downstairs - I am going to take it in to work and palm it off on people there before I crack !

in the 11s

Today I am 11st 12 - I am really pleased as i can't actually remember the last time I weighed 11st anything

Slight cake related lapse yesterday but I was still on birthday license - still got to start knuckling down again now and in particular have to make it to the gym this week
which may be a struggle as work is going to be very busy

Back