Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Morning Moonlight

Have just caught up with your diary! You're one very brave soul and I sincerely hope the docs get on top of your conditions!

Your menus are great when you can manage them - I've yet to try either celeriac chips or rhubarb!

I hope you have good support around you as it definitely sounds like some days you could do with it!

Take care... Xxx

Morning moonlight - sounds like a tough week and really impressed by your focus when body isn't playing ball. ((hugs)) and keep going:)

((hugs)) to everyone.

Menu for today a bit of an improvement:

30g Milano salami
30g cheddar
30g blue cheese
Mayo

200g celeriac chips
Marks lightly dusted haddock fillet
Mayo

150g cauliflower poppers
2 slices Parma ham

Tea with alpro and sweetener

Carbs with meds: 26g

Re: the haddock. It's 'lightly dusted' with a seed mixture from marks and Spencer. 4.6g carbs per fillet and completely delicious - even to me, not a big fish fan. The carbs aren't ideal but I think it should be okay to have once in a while.

Celeriac chips were delicious. Have discovered I prefer them cut thin, tossed in lots of oil.

Cauli poppers: just florets tossed in oil and Garam masala (could use garlic salt or Parmesan) shoved in the oven until brown and crispy. I burnt mine a bit (also burnt my ham) buy still edible).

Attachments

• image-474899221.jpg
    image-474899221.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1366630202.jpg
    image-1366630202.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Morning Moonlight, like the sound of cauli poppers, I would never have thought of that!

I decided the pics were awful and tried to delete but apparently you can't delete your own posts! Crazy.

Anyway WI today - it's actually an evening weight as I worked through the night but recording it anyway: 3lbs lost!

Very happy, I usually stall hard in the second week. Let's see what happens this next one...

woohoo! Well done on the 3lbs xxxx

Yep v pleased, 10lbs lost in 2 atkinsy weeks, plus 2 previously (the remnants of my calorie counting experiment).

Funnily enough I had to keep raising my cals while calorie counting as I was forever starving. On atkins I have to make sure I'm not dropping too low.

Menu:

Mug of hot alpro, tsp green and black's hot choc powder, sweeteners. Delicious.

Fillet steak
100g portobello mushrooms

Smoked salmon ribbons
60g phili with black pepper

Spoonful peanut butter.

Not much veg today - not awake for much of the day TBH.

Mfp says 21g carbs Inc my meds.

Lots of hospital visits coming up over the next few weeks...

10lbs in 2 weeks is amazing, you must be so chuffed. good luck with the hospital xxx

Well done on the loss, my 2nd weigh in is on sat, hope I have a good result

Well done on 10 lbs lost! Brilliant and the good looks fab! I love burnt bits! Good luck on the hospital! Xxx

Hospital isn't 'till Monday and then is kind of an ongoing thing so thank you v much for all the lucks, I'll save them up ;)

Menu today:

Alpro, sweetener, cocoa drink

30g salami
30g cheddar

2 butchers chipolatas
(these were cooked for me - were horrible and upset my stomach so I suspect a little gluten based filler, bleh.)

Chicken breast marinated in soy sauce and a little mirin.

200g stewed rhubarb & sweetener

100g celery
30g cheddar
30g blue cheese
Mayo

Inc meds, mfp says: 30g carbs

Bit of a cheesy day today. Perhaps too cheesy?

Back