Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Hi moonlights, stay positive hun. I have found meditation and positive affirmations to be really helpful (and still do!).

On the relationship side: I met my fiancé on Facebook - "owned" - kept buying one of his pics that I liked the message on.

I had been on my own (with my son) for almost 8 years because I couldn't see how someone could love me the way I was (17st-18st and feeling frumpy)...i threw myself into my degree in herbal medicine (my son was 3yr). With the support of new friends at uni, I lost a lot of weight after my graduation, and began to change my mindset - I would focus on what I wanted, instead of what I wanted to change. This was just before I met my fiancé.

When we first met I decided that I had to do something different ("if you do what you always do, you'll get what you always got"). So for the first time I went out on a date as 'me'. ( it's funny tho...because he says now that that is what he did too!)

We've been together now just over 4 years, and have 3 children together...as well as my 12yr old son.
Good luck on your journey, hun! Life is not about the destination, it is about the experiences along the way ;)

Morning Moonlights... I joined 2 things at the beginning of the year after I started having more energy and smaller clothes - eHarmony and MeetUp.

But I'm ancient and there are fewer opportunities to meet folk at my age... You are still young and have a lovely personality and a great outlook on life ... I completely understand that loneliness thing and I have to say that sharing with another person is much more fun (I hate to admit that as I've worked so hard to be happy as a single independent person! Lol)

Good luck and it's not so daunting when you take the first baby step! Xxx

how you met your partner..........blind date,instant chemistry,22 years later,pretty much chalk and cheese,
but able to be together sometimes 24/7 sit in comfortable silence and still love like yesterday.
that song...ronan keating ? you say it best when you say nothing at all.......but in a nice way lol
pets me...him...none...he would rather we didn't have any at all..frogs,and lizards.and fish.

I love your frogs ;)

And wow, everyone really does seem to have met in the craziest coincidences. - .

Last edited:
Sunday menu;

45g cheddar
Celery sticks
Mayo

Cup of alpro with sweeteners and cream

Roast beef
Cabbage medley
Celeriac
Asparagus
Leek
Cauli cheese
Bite of a potato, oops. Less than 10g

1 strawberry
6 blueberries

30g Milano salami
30g cheddar

Had to estimate some of the amounts but according to MFP I'm at 36g carbs today Inc my meds.

Eeeeep. Won't be expecting much come weigh in, I think.

You have so much to deal with!! Bless you!

Hope all your wishes are granted really soon! You're amazing to have such a positive outlook !! Xxx

Hi, great menu, lots of veg, how do you get so much in and still keep your carbs down, you must use very little carbs on anything else.

I was older too. I was a career girl, then he suddenly appeared. Still am a career girl but with a lovely hubby now. Mr. Right will come, when you least expect it. :)

Thank you everyone - you're all so sweet on here.

Personally I always feel like I'm not eating enough veg at all. I like the higher carby veg - cauli, aubergine, celeriac so I portion it carefully and try to keep with my limits.

Green veg you can have lots more of but I'm much worse with remembering it.

I had lots of veg yesterday but only tiny amounts of each kind - and was over my carbs.

I also have 11g carbs coming in daily from the medication I take.

I don't weigh in till weds! Not really expecting much this week after two good losses.

Hope you have a good day today! I love veg xx

Hi hope you are having a good bank holiday Monday

Mostly a sleepy day! Just woke up. Thought I'd post a fresh looking pic for once, having talked about green veg.

Beef leftovers today, with emmental, blue and Brie cheeses, celery and mayo, cucumber, 1 small piece spring onion, 1 cherry tomato and 10g picked beetroot.

image-1421632368.jpg

Yum... Looks fab! Xxx

Evening moonlight - always good to hear you so focused when so much to deal with! Pretty difficult to overeat the induction veg - i would say have more and enjoy (ie the cauli etc not the beetroot:) )
Xxx

It would be very easy to go over carbs with cauli, aubergine, celeriac etc - I just measure them out and make sure I don't. I mean 3 or 4g here and there I don't mind esp as I have some days where I don't get much veg in but I don't want to go higher on veg as I'm already having to set my carb limit at 30 due to meds.

However I don't mind having a couple of blueberries or 10g beetroot here and there - might be a couple of carbs for a small amount but I think that's ok. As I'm on 30g anyway I am a little owlish with berries and nuts.

Menu for yesterday:

50g leftover celeriac

Roast beef
50g Celery
Cucumber
1 cherry Tom
10g beetroot
Between 20-30g of gruyere, Brie and blue cheese
Mayo

180g cauliflower
Mashed with butter and
20g cheddar
More beef.

Teas with alpro

Mfp total Inc meds: 27g carbs

Morning, hope all went well yesterday

Fiona (I think) mentioned them so I had to have them. Salami crisps, aka breakfast round these parts.

I used Napoli salami when I usually use Milano - tastes better ( just like frazzles) but shrinks a lot smaller. Also dotted them with dried Parmesan. Super crispy & super tasty. Wish I'd made twice as much.

Anyway, off to the exotically named outpatients 16 in an hour or so for some jabs.

image-1737696150.jpg

Not having one, obvs, but for some reason I really fancy a banana sandwich?!?

Back