Moonlights' (temporary) Maintenance

Moonlights you feel cold now what about in a few months time when winter is really kicking in and you have lost even more weight ...you will have to walk around with a sleeping bag permanently wrapped round yourself lol....when I was at my skinniest years ago ....oh my god I was totally frozen all the time and lived sitting on top of the radiator lol xx

Afternoon, hope you have warmed up by now.

You should see how I am in winter normally!! I must have been nearly 15 stone last Xmas - only ventured out wearing thermal long johns, thermal undershirt, ski socks, jeans, normal shirt, jumper, padded down coat.

Nealy wore my jumpers out - I looked like a tramp by may!

i usually have the problem of being too hot, but today its been cooler and i have shut the back door and window so that MUST be cold! At work there is a woman called sue who is always cold, one time when she was complaining that the air con was blowing right on her and she was freezing, the rest of the room wasnt that cold and i was a bit under the weather so i put my work fleece on, she stood up and shout LOOK it MUST be cold, I am the one usually sneaking the temperature down when nobody is looking! and before anyone says it, its not my age, i have always been hot stuff lol

Sneaking 5 minutes to catch up...

"Iamnotti biscuits" - brilliant!:D I would make those just for the name, lol! Will definitely try them this week.

I've seen a recipe for coconut bark on the Atkins community forum (I think) but I've not made it yet. I'd be glad of another way to use coconut oil as I'm not particularly fond of it in cooking. It's okay if I can hide the taste with strong enough spices/herbs, but I'm not a fan otherwise - and I do like coconut! I've read of people putting it in their coffee, but I tried that and couldn't drink the coffee it was so horrid! Btw, I also use the Coconoil from Amazon, and I have the exact same kitchen scales you do, though I'm probably going to need new ones soon as mine are getting a bit dodgy (I think they're on the verge of a nervous breakdown from over-use, lol!)

Wonder if my da vinci praline syrup would be nice as a flavouring for the coconut bark? I bought it ages ago but haven't even opened it. Have you tried your mint version yet?

I don't seem to be feeling the cold thus far - sitting around in a short-sleeved top with nary a goosebump on me - but we live in a new(ish) house, and it does seem to stay warmer for longer. Mind you, if we get really hot weather, we roast alive in here, so it's swings and roundabouts!

Yes, as a non-coconut fan I wouldn't want to use the coconut oil in most baking but having it as bark means I can get some in every day and have a guilt free chocolatey snack. Will see how I do this week - sticking to 1 tbsp per day for now.

Scrummie we must be kitchen twins - I have the davinci praline too. I wasn't mad keen on it but will try it in cocoa bark at some point, maybe I just haven't found the right recipe.

Food today:

Steak, fried egg yolk, spring onion, button mushrooms

Bacon and celeriac chips

Almond cookies

Maybe a little bite of cheese...

Mfp: 26g carbs inc meds

Okay, almond cookies. I made two kinds so I could have some tonight and take the others with me as am off to a meeting tomorrow.

For the first recipe, I adapted Linda Sue's almond thins:

50g almond flour
2/3 an egg white
Liquid sweetener
Almond flavoring
Vanilla flavoring
Cinnamon

Too tired to write up a big recipe but the basis is: mix all together until it forms a dough. Press very thin. Score into rectangles with a knife. Bake.

They didn't go brown except at the edges, but they taste great. Savory versions with some salt, herbs, cheese etc would be delicious and impossible to tell apart from non-almond thins. Savory versions would be great with pâté etc

Suggest you cook them on greased parchment paper.

Second batch: almond butter cookies

50g almonds
20g butter
Liquid sweetener
Spoonful of egg white
Flavoring of choice

Exactly the same - mix all together, it doesn't matter how. The dough will be more moist than the previous mix but still workable. Roll into walnut sized balls and push down with your thumb to make round cookies

Bake until golden brown

Both recipes only have the carbs from the almonds - so around 3.7g. There are nuts involved though, so these are owl recipes.

Verdict: both nice but not as nice as the iamnotti and I probably won't make them again unless u really want a cracker for pâté.

In future ill go back to almond cupcakes for travel - they're more substantial and filling.

image-3726043321.jpg

Last edited:
Yay - more recipes to try thanks ML x

No sleep again tonight. Tomorrow will be fun, I must be running on about 5 hours in the last 48 by now, maximum.

Still awake. As I am and as I just ate a bite I thought I would mention cocoa bark with almond flavoring.

My mum gets these mega expensive almond/marzipan flavored chocolate sticks which I have loved on the couple of chances I've had to try them.

Cocoa bark with almond essence? Tastes. Exactly. The. Same.

Definitely my new favorite treat - but have run out of cocoa powder, will have to see if I can find some today if I stay awake long enough.

Bloody anxiety (as I suspect is the problem).

Been lying in bed with the lights off since 11pm. No, I lie, turned the light on and read for an hour somewhere in the middle. Why am I always either sleeping 18 hrs a day or sleeping 2? It's not like my brain is doing anything productive with the extra time awake - just thinking about how much I need sleep.

Well, and I've had the chorus of 'backdoor lover' from Josie and the pussycats going round in my head for about 90 minutes now.

Off to try for 1 more hour.

Poor you ml...bet your feeling shattered today eek .....I have to have at least 6 hours kip or I'm a total zombie all day...hope you get through the day and sleep tonight xx

Morning ML, you are going through a very rough patch at the moment. I have your almond cocoa bark in the freezer, can't wait for it to set.... the favouring choice is endless, think coffee, rum,lemon,orange,mint.....and that's just the essences I have in the cupboard!

Hope your day goes ok and you get some sleep tonight.

Afternoon ML - I really hope you are in the Land of Nod right now and getting some rest! It's so awful when you can't sleep...

And what's this about cocoa bark? I've never heard of it and must have missed an earlier diary reference :)

Still awake. As I am and as I just ate a bite I thought I would mention cocoa bark with almond flavoring.

My mum gets these mega expensive almond/marzipan flavored chocolate sticks which I have loved on the couple of chances I've had to try them.

Cocoa bark with almond essence? Tastes. Exactly. The. Same.

Definitely my new favorite treat - but have run out of cocoa powder, will have to see if I can find some today if I stay awake long enough.

Bloody anxiety (as I suspect is the problem).

Been lying in bed with the lights off since 11pm. No, I lie, turned the light on and read for an hour somewhere in the middle. Why am I always either sleeping 18 hrs a day or sleeping 2? It's not like my brain is doing anything productive with the extra time awake - just thinking about how much I need sleep.

Well, and I've had the chorus of 'backdoor lover' from Josie and the pussycats going round in my head for about 90 minutes now.

Off to try for 1 more hour.

Hope you get a decent amount of sleep soon. I HATE not being able to sleep, I spend the whole time lying awake thinking about things over and over which doesn't help at all. Hugs x

Poor you its horrible being wide awake when you know you should be asleep, its bad enough for one night but when it goes on and on. every now and then i get a week where i just cant sleep but thankfully its very rare and i usually end up getting over it withoug medication. I hope you get a good zzzzzzzzzzzzz tonight xxx

Evening ML... Hope you sleep tonight!! Recipes have me drooling lol xx

Naturally I fell asleep at 10:30pm and woke at 1am - haven't been able to get off again. Tired and achy because of course I must pay for leaving the house by being unable to move the next day.

Food yesterday, mostly on the go:

Almond cookies

Burger without the bun

Fillet steak, mushrooms, spring onions

Flax porridge

Cocoa bark

Mfp: 26g carbs inc meds

Looks like more than it felt like, glancing back over that.

Morning, hopefully you will get a few sleeps during the day, menu looks good, especially when you were out all the time.

Hi ML. Wow you have been so busy in the kitchen! Fantastic ideas you have had there thanks fir sharing.

I'm loving the biccies and the choccies... Taking the low carb experience to a whole new level.

Have a great day.

Back