Moonwatcher's Atkins Diary

Creamy Jerk Pork.jpg Last night's Creamy Jerk Pork. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but it was absolutely delicious. Just onion, cabbage, a few celeriac chunks, jerk seasoning and garlic, leftover cooked pork and a few slices of 100% pork smoked sausage, rosemary, s & p. A little cream cheese stirred in just before serving. Mmmmm - want it again right now!

Fab pictures of the seaside. I am so envious of all you lucky people that live so close to the coast. I miss walks along the beach. Even in the rain. I get the peak district where I am which is pretty awesome but I do miss looking at the sea.

Jerk pork dish sounds really really tasty. Might have to try something similar at some point.

Hope next week at work is rather more relaxing, which I am presuming it will be now OFSTED has been and gone.

Fab pictures of the seaside. I am so envious of all you lucky people that live so close to the coast. I miss walks along the beach. Even in the rain. I get the peak district where I am which is pretty awesome but I do miss looking at the sea.

Jerk pork dish sounds really really tasty. Might have to try something similar at some point.

Hope next week at work is rather more relaxing, which I am presuming it will be now OFSTED has been and gone.

I love the beach in all weathers - although when it's really hot in summer it is probably my least favourite time of year tbh - too busy! I'm sure work will be back to normal this coming week. Actually thinking about it, there is no such thing as 'normal' in my job - the abnormal is normal!

It doesn't seem to matter what diet plan you are following your meals always look sooooooooooo tasty! Well done on another 2lbs off :) x

Thanks Frona - piccies of tonight's meal to follow soon!

Food for Sunday 12th May

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs with butter, salt and black pepper

Lunch - a babybel cheese, and small salad

Dinner - roast beef dinner Atkins style - beef, broccoli, celeriac 'roasties', gravy from the meat juices (thickened with an egg yolk - never tried that before, but it worked pretty well) and two oopsie rolls pretending to be yorkshire puddings! It was actually very good.

Dessert/in bed snack - one sixth portion of a citrus cheesecake. I had some of the flax biscuits left over from last week, so blitzed them in the processor with melted butter and some orange zest, then topped with a little whipped cream mixed into cream cheese with lemon zest and a little lemon juice plus a tspn sweetener. Ab - sol - ute - ly de- lic - ious!

Drinks - loads of water and two coffees with cream. A little bit too much cream today, but it is the weekend, and the cream in the cheesecake is divided into 6.

Roast Beef Dinner.jpg Lovely Sunday dinner - roast beef, celeriac roasties, broccoli, oopsie 'yorkshires' and real beef juices gravy!

Cheesecake.jpg Flax and cream cheese citrus cheesecake!

Cheesecake again.jpg Yum!

Mustard Beef and Smoked Feta Salad.jpg ... and tomorrow's packed lunch: Mustard beef and smoked feta salad

Amazing that a full fat cream cheese cheescake is 'legal.' Need to exercise some self restraint though as it is very, very tasty!

Monday 13th May

Food today - Breakfast - one Babybel cheese, one boiled egg with butter and black pepper

Lunch - Mustard beef salad with smoked feta

Dinner - Lamb, mint and feta meatball/patties with chilli celeriac 'chips,' mixed salad leaves, guacamole and chilli sauce

Snacks - piece of yesterday's citrus cheesecake

Drinks - one coffee and cream, water

Free chocolate brownies today at work - I had a glass of water instead! It was just as good. Honest it was! ;)

The cheesecake is far too nice really. I think that it is best I don't make it too often! Have made a 'trifle' for tomorrow - with 'oopsie' mix as the sponge, sugar free strawberry jelly and real homemade custard, so looking forward to trying a little of that tomorrow.

Lamb and Feta Patties.jpg Tonight's meal

Hi Moonwalker

I was also atkins. Lost 32 lbs on it but the restrictive nature of the food was making me think of changing plans.
I am trying JUDDD. Started April 29 on it.

I noticed in your sig. line you tried JUDDD also. Can you tell me about your experience with it? I think I might be 'too much of a carb addict' to continue with JUDD only because it allows all foods on an UP day. I know I could low carb the UP day, but in my mind JUDD is all about allowing those carbs back, :), and I am struggling on it. My mind is thinking atkins again.

What made you leave JUDD so fast? thanks

I know exactly what you mean about abnormal being normal, that's pretty much standard for my job too. Having a job with the word "Crisis" in the title does rather make the unexpected an everyday occurrance. Wouldn't know what to do if things were actually predictable.

Food looking gorgeous. And the cheesecake is screen-licking worthy :)

Hi Moonwalker

I was also atkins. Lost 32 lbs on it but the restrictive nature of the food was making me think of changing plans.
I am trying JUDDD. Started April 29 on it.

I noticed in your sig. line you tried JUDDD also. Can you tell me about your experience with it? I think I might be 'too much of a carb addict' to continue with JUDD only because it allows all foods on an UP day. I know I could low carb the UP day, but in my mind JUDD is all about allowing those carbs back, :), and I am struggling on it. My mind is thinking atkins again.

What made you leave JUDD so fast? thanks

Hi FireDragon. I really loved the concept of JUDDD, and after around 18 months of SW and WW counting and many, many dieting years, I found JUDDD changed my whole outlook on food by removing the 'diet' mentality. Unfortunately my losses were very up and down over the two months I was on it, with a low overall loss, and although I wouldn't call myself impatient I still had around 5 - 6 stone to lose. I went back to Atkins for several reasons...

OH has pre diabetic high blood sugar and we know from previously doing Atkins that it works to reduce/control it.
I have a sensitivity to wheat/IBS and had just decided to cut wheat out/down as it had built up to regular pain, so that was one area already gone from my diet.
I have sinus problems which practically disappear on Atkins
I wanted at least a couple of weeks with a good result, to spur me on.
Both of us feel so much healthier and have more energy when we are low carbing. We had a low carb Sunday roast this weekend and we both commented how if it had been an 'ordinary' Sunday roast we would have washed up and probably felt like falling asleep, but this weekend we still felt alert and awake, even after a plateful of food.
In a weird way I feel less like I am 'dieting' on Atkins than I did on SW/WW. I think the very 'black and white' nature of it, especially in Induction, suits me.
Once I've got through the first few days then the carb desires wane.

Phew - that wasn't intended to be an Atkins advert, but they are all true for me. Having said that, I was disappointed to give up JUDDD. I know some people have fantastic losses on it. I haven't ruled it out completely for the future. The plan is to stick to Atkins until Christmas, then re-assess. I won't be staying on Induction levels for the whole time though!

Well done on losing 32 lbs by the way.:)

I know exactly what you mean about abnormal being normal, that's pretty much standard for my job too. Having a job with the word "Crisis" in the title does rather make the unexpected an everyday occurrance. Wouldn't know what to do if things were actually predictable.

Food looking gorgeous. And the cheesecake is screen-licking worthy :)

Yes, 'Crisis' in your job title does give a bit of a hint really! We have just started exams for the Year 11s and some Year 10s this week, so plenty of support is needed there, in addition to our usual timetable. I love the job though. It really is the only job I can imagine where you can go from sex to Shakespeare, via recreational drugs and break-dancing, all in one day!

The cheesecake was just fantastic.

Tuesday 14th May

When is spring coming back? I am fed up with being cold and wet! The wind this morning was really, really bitter.

Had planned chinese style beef stew tonight, but both OH and I were home late, so went for omelette instead as just wanted something quick and easy!

Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs with butter and pepper

Lunch - ham and feta cheese salad

Dinner - rest of the ham with smoked cheddar in an omelette/frittata with spring onions, chillis and a few cherry tomatoes

Snack - strawberry trifle with a little cream - about to have it for 'supper.'

Drinks - water, one coffee with cream

Seems to be an egg, ham and cheese fest day there! Tomorrow will be beef for lunch and dinner. I think I can cope!

A couple of pics to follow shortly.

Phew - that wasn't intended to be an Atkins advert, but they are all true for me. Having said that, I was disappointed to give up JUDDD. I know some people have fantastic losses on it. I haven't ruled it out completely for the future. The plan is to stick to Atkins until Christmas, then re-assess. I won't be staying on Induction levels for the whole time though!

Well done on losing 32 lbs by the way.:)

Thanks. 32lbs gone makes me happy, at least it is 32 less I have to lose now :)

Wonderful post. I know atkins has helped me also in the energy dept. and no carb bloat which I am super subject too like most people.

I am disappointed to give up JUDDD but I am thinking back to atkins is the way to go to lose the weight. But like you said, you aren't giving up on JUDDD. I believe JUDDD will be a wonderful maintenance and real world eating situations for me int he future. I think now is concentrate on the weight loss and then think the 5:2 JUDDD mainteance or even the 4:3. I believe JUDDD is the perfect type of maintenance tool I need in the future but the weight loss plan is getting hard for me with adding carbs back. A few here and there I ate on atkins was ok. but every other day with the mentality of having carbs was getting hard on the old gut :) like you atkins did give me a sense of alertness/energy/and lightness in the body that I do enjoy actually.

Your post helped me alot. Thank you. I think it is back to atkins for a while. But keepting JUDDD in my mind for the future.

You go Moonwalker! Rock that scale :)

I am also thoroughly fed up of the cold and wet. I have been curled up on my sofa under a blanket shivering all winter and I am still bloody doing it now its May! Not fair!

The omlette looks really good. I am usually rather trifle-adverse but yours doesn't look too bad at all ;)

Hi, Moonwalker,
I found your weight loss diary encouraging (except the JUDD part. I just started JUDDD Monday:sigh:) I have read many threads trying to figure out which diets work and which don't. I read about people praising a diet but their statistics don't show much success. So I was encouraged by your diary because it is real life, just like my experience and it gave me hope because it helped me to see, I have to find what works best for me and stick to it. I started spring of 2011 playing with Atkins- not really faithfully sticking to it. I have been obese all of my adult life and made myself a promise not to die "obese". I lost 50# by Christmas 2011 and played around losing and gaining most of 2012. In 2013 I gained back 13 of the 50 I had lost. Now I again want desperately to get serious and started May 6th on Atkins. I was not very successful the first week at losing but I have knee problems which are vastly reduced on Atkins. I am not sure why, I just know when I follow Atkins and stay relatively low carb, no sugar, no pasta, potatoes and high carb foods I have almost no knee pain. Problem is I lost 0 pounds. Monday April 13 I started Juddd. I had never heard of JUDDD so when I read about it I decided to commit for 1 month. So far 5 pounds gone. I am still doing Atkins just the JUDDD way. When I stick to Atkins I have no problems with hunger just boredom. So with JUDD if I slip a little on the carbs occasionally I really haven't broken my diet. I plan to do JUDD at least two weeks before I even consider any extra carbs. My plan (DD-400 CALORIES, UD- 2000 calories, Occasional MD-1000 calories staying at 20-30 carbs per day). I have not measured myself recently but I can now button clothes that I had to struggle to button 10 days ago. I gave away all my larger size clothes and will have to go naked if I can't wear my new size. LOL I feel good at the weight I am right now but I know I will feel fantastic when I lose another 50#. Thank you for your post and I pray someone will be encouraged by mine. At the end of May I will post my weight loss diary. Is it okay to post my diary to your thread or do I need to start another?
Life is to short to stay fat.

Thanks. 32lbs gone makes me happy, at least it is 32 less I have to lose now :)

Wonderful post. I know atkins has helped me also in the energy dept. and no carb bloat which I am super subject too like most people.

I am disappointed to give up JUDDD but I am thinking back to atkins is the way to go to lose the weight. But like you said, you aren't giving up on JUDDD. I believe JUDDD will be a wonderful maintenance and real world eating situations for me int he future. I think now is concentrate on the weight loss and then think the 5:2 JUDDD mainteance or even the 4:3. I believe JUDDD is the perfect type of maintenance tool I need in the future but the weight loss plan is getting hard for me with adding carbs back. A few here and there I ate on atkins was ok. but every other day with the mentality of having carbs was getting hard on the old gut :) like you atkins did give me a sense of alertness/energy/and lightness in the body that I do enjoy actually.

Your post helped me alot. Thank you. I think it is back to atkins for a while. But keepting JUDDD in my mind for the future.

You go Moonwalker! Rock that scale :)

I am thinking that JUDDD is an ideal maintenance tool as well. Mind you, I feel so good after cutting the wheat down that I will probably stick with wheat-free for most of the time.

I'm here too.:) Low carbing myself now so arrived here for tips. You cook the most lovely stuff :)

Hi Ladybird. Welcome to the Dark Side! ;)

I love your diary :) it shows how yummy Atkins can be :) that cheesecake looks soooo yummy x

Thanks babyweight. OH hardly ever chooses cheesecake as a dessert as he 'doesn't like it.' He thought this Atkins version was the best he had ever had though, so it was definitely a hit. I will make it now and again as a treat, as it is so tempting!

I am also thoroughly fed up of the cold and wet. I have been curled up on my sofa under a blanket shivering all winter and I am still bloody doing it now its May! Not fair!

The omlette looks really good. I am usually rather trifle-adverse but yours doesn't look too bad at all ;)

Today is really cold here again. I think the real custard is what made the trifle. It sort of compensated for the oopsie trifle 'sponges.' Didn' t miss the fruit at all, but then who eats trifle for the fruit?

Back