Moonwatcher's JUDDD diary

Food for today's down day:

Lunch - WW basil and tomato soup (77 cals)

Dinner - had planned to have chicken, but decided to save it for tomorrow - as I fancy chicken and chorizo salad with avocado, and spicy wedges. Anyway that's tomorrow. Today's dinner was two eggs, fried in frylight, one and a half pieces of multi seed bread, toasted, and a drizzle of hp sauce. (400 cals)

Drinks - water, one and a bit mugs of tea (21 cals for milk), and just had a diet cream soda (3 cals)

Total for today 501 cals. If I don't lose this week I shall blame it on that one calorie!

Happy with my cals on down days so far, but feel I need to get more fruit and veg in. Only problem is that fruit and veg can set off my IBS with a vengeance if I have them on an empty stomach. Thinking I might get my juicer out and try to factor in a glass of carrot and a glass of apple or orange each day. I know it's not ideal as I won't be getting the fibre, but it is often the fibre which triggers the IBS. At least I would be getting the vitamins etc.

Total for today 501 cals. If I don't lose this week I shall blame it on that one calorie!

Love it, and thats exactly how I think as well!!

Don't worry too much about the fruit and veg on a DD, just make sure you eat healthily on the UPS to restore any nutrients you might have missed. there is only so much you can cover on 500 cals, love the idea of the juice though but it would make me starving!!

Waves @ moonwatcher :)

Agrees with lanark :) I've been looking @ my nutrition levels on DDs too as my healthy regime has slipped a bit, I like the juice idea too, dont mind fruit but not sure I can handle those veg juices. Although I'm not keen on taking too many vit tabs, I've decided to take them on DDs to see if it helps my energy levels.

Disgracegul! How naughty to be 1 calories over ;)

Your down day looks really good. I tend to go the opposite way on down days and eat about 3 days worth of veg, but obviously that really wouldn't work with you with your IBS. The juice idea is a good one but as long as you are eating the right nutrients on your up days I am sure it won't matter overall. I've found that I have almost entirely stopped eating fruit since starting this plan accidentally. It always seems too high in calories on down days to waste calories on and on up days my snacking urges have reduced so much that I never feel like eating any fruit, as for me it was definitely something to plug the hungry gaps between meals. I am still eating plenty of veg so it probably doesn't matter but I might try and cut down portions a little bit some days at breakfast and lunch so I can fit some fruit it. I've got a lovely bag of blood oranges that I bought a week ago that I haven't even opened yet!

Yes, I'm not overly worried about the fruit/veg on DDs, but like Atomic I have noticed that my fruit intake has dropped dramatically since starting JUDDD. I wouldn't dare eat fruit on a DD, and on an UP day am too full to want it! I did have some cherries with my lunch today though, so all is not lost! I think I'll introduce some juices here and there on DDs but not get hung up on it. The fruit juices are much tastier - carrot is the only veg I like from the juicer, or tomato juice out of a carton (hmm - I'm thinking Bloody Mary on an UP day would be VERY good for me!)

UD today - two peanut biscuits for breakfast, warburton square brown wrap with smoked feta, garlic sausage, green olives, chopped chilli, l/f mayo, lettuce and black pepper, cherries, Morrison's school apple bar at lunch. Snacks have been a piece of chocolate cheddar, an ounce of jacob cheddars, and a couple of bites of ginger cake. Haven't had dinner yet as OH had to go out unexpectedly and is on the way back with a takeaway as I type. Probably a very good thing that there are still two DDs left before WI.

UD today - two peanut biscuits for breakfast, warburton square brown wrap with smoked feta, garlic sausage, green olives, chopped chilli, l/f mayo, lettuce and black pepper, cherries, Morrison's school apple bar at lunch. Snacks have been a piece of chocolate cheddar, an ounce of jacob cheddars, and a couple of bites of ginger cake. Haven't had dinner yet as OH had to go out unexpectedly and is on the way back with a takeaway as I type. Probably a very good thing that there are still two DDs left before WI.

As a person on a dd, your wrap sounds goooooooood!

From another person on a down day your wrap really does sound good! Must look out for some of that smoked feta. It would be lovely with roasted peppers and puy lentils. Mmmmmm. Down day food fantising mode fully engaged...

How many down days are you doing a week now? Are you doing proper alternate days? I am still sticking with the 5:2 plan as I think i can stick to that for the long term, i'm not convinced I would manage to stick to more down days than that over the longer term.

Enjoy your take away. What are you having?

From another person on a down day your wrap really does sound good! Must look out for some of that smoked feta. It would be lovely with roasted peppers and puy lentils. Mmmmmm. Down day food fantising mode fully engaged...

How many down days are you doing a week now? Are you doing proper alternate days? I am still sticking with the 5:2 plan as I think i can stick to that for the long term, i'm not convinced I would manage to stick to more down days than that over the longer term.

Enjoy your take away. What are you having?
I'm doing down days Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, not total alternates as I have Saturdays and Sundays both as up days so I can enjoy my weekends.

For the takeaway we had special hong kong sweet and sour chicken, pork rice and a pineapple fritter each. Shared the chicken and rice so not too bad really. Will post today's down day food in a while.

So today was a down day, just a cup of tea with milk for breakfast (15 cals)

Lunch was a WW country veg soup. Looked pretty good, nice texture, pieces of veg in it... tasted of absolutely nothing at all. 97 calories out of my life that I will never get back again! Think I will stick to the tomato one if I buy any more WW soups. How is it possible to take tasty ingredients and produce such a tasteless product? Also had a Morrison's school fruit bar, bit like a soft fruit leather (65 cals - so that is 162 cals for lunch)

Dinner tonight was 4oz skinless chicken thigh, roasted with thai spices, ground garlic and chilli flakes and a splash of lime juice, served with dry roasted 3oz skinny butternut squash chips - also with garlic and chilli flakes, some iceberg lettuce and a tbspn l/f salad cream (313 cals)

Drinks of black coffee, black tea and water, one very weak NAS squash - 2 cals?

Total for the day 492 cals

Dinner was delicious and made up for the soup at lunchtime. It wasn't a huge portion, but it was enough.

Feeling very fat today (well of course I am still fat, but today has been one of those very negative body image days!)

Last edited:
Shame about the soup :( I haven't tried the tomato WW soup but the other ones I have tried were all pretty rank. Somehow disappointing food on a fast day doesn't bother me quite as much as it would on a non-fast day. I think i am a bit more able to see food as fuel on down days. Although preferably I still want it to be damn tasty! The chicken and BNS chips sounds nice. I was thinking of something similar for one of my down days next week.

I managed to find the smoked feta in Morrisons today. Very much looking forward to trying it :)

Lol @ your soup rant!

A very successful dd under your belt, now what are you dreaming of for tomoro?

11 lost : 56 to goal
Lol I know! I ought to make my own really, as nothing compares to a home made soup. Funnily enough I've been quite laid back about food today. I seem to have got over the compulsion to buy in loads of goodies ready for my up days, well - at the moment anyway!

Shame about the soup :( I haven't tried the tomato WW soup but the other ones I have tried were all pretty rank. Somehow disappointing food on a fast day doesn't bother me quite as much as it would on a non-fast day. I think i am a bit more able to see food as fuel on down days. Although preferably I still want it to be damn tasty! The chicken and BNS chips sounds nice. I was thinking of something similar for one of my down days next week.

I managed to find the smoked feta in Morrisons today. Very much looking forward to trying it :)
I will definitely get the smoked feta again. In fact I think I prefer it to the ordinary feta.

Yesterday was an UD. Toast, butter and orange marmalade for breakfast, thai chicken sarni with mayo and chopped pickled chilli for lunch with an orange, McDonald's 6 chicken nuggets with small fries and banana shake in the evening. Could have had a caramel mcflurry and on any other diet I would have been sitting there wanting one, but decided I didn't really want one and settled for three pieces of chocolate instead! I am sitting here now though at the end of a DD wondering why I didn't have one! Total change of perspective after a 500 cal day, lol.

Last edited:
Lol @ soup I always go for the chicken noodle but add extra salt and pepper ( needed for flavour) or even just a cup of bovril for 10 cals is nice

Hi.:) Yes when I was eating it I thought that I would rather have had an Oxo cube with hot water. I used to like the beef ones as a drink years ago, so that and the Bovril are good gap fillers to bear in mind for a DD.

Back