Moonwatcher's Primal/Calorie Counting Adventure!

Food for Tuesday 25th February

Breakfast - gf crunchy nut flakes with milk/cream (200 cals)

Lunch - tuna and cheese salad, mixed nuts (603 cals)

Afternoon snacks - half avocado with greek yogurt and tabasco, three pieces Green and Blacks ginger chocolate (223 cals)

Dinner - chicken fillet, chorizo and veg (butternut squash, courgette, red pepper, shallots and red onion) tray bake with coconut oil, smoked paprika and thyme (580 cals)

DrInks - milk in teas, coffee and cream, water (143 cals)

Totals for the day: calories 1749/1750, carbs 59

Food for Wednesday 26th February

Breakfast - gf crunchy nut flakes with milk/cream (200 cals)

Lunch - home made mulligatawny style soup - curried veg (onion, carrot, tomato) and chicken soup, mixed nuts (450 cals)

Afternoon - five pieces dark chocolate with ginger (87 cals)

Dinner - kippers with cauliflower mash, broccoli spears (315 cals as only ate about half the plateful)

Evening - large microwaved egg custard with cream (404 cals)

Drinks - water, milk in tea and coffee, coffee with cream (178 cals)

Totals for the day: calories 1634/1750, carbs 62

Thursday 27th February

Another good day at work today, although save me from teenage girls' squabbles!

Breakfast - gf flakes with milk/cream (193 cals)

Lunch - tuna (with greek yogurt dressing) and cheese salad with olives, chillies, celery, lettuce, tomatoes, red pepper, garlic, (413 cals)

Afternoon snack - half an avocado with teaspoon. of greek yogurt and squirt of tomato puree/lemon juice,two squares 85% dark chocolate (253 cals)

Dinner - home made pork, apple, chipotle and shallot burgers with butternut squash and sweet potato wedges, oven roasted courgette and red onion with cheese sauce (696 cals)

Drinks - water, milk in teas and a coffee, one coffee with cream (178 cals)

Totals for today: calories 1733/1750
carbs 62

All looking good there Mw... well done!

Teenage girls squabbles... now there's some memories! My two girls were constantly going on about one thing or another.. Better you than me.

Oh the girls are so much worse than the boys Em! It is hard to keep up with them - in one day they go from best buddies to hating each other, never going to speak to each other again, back to best mates by 3.30pm. I reunited some of them this afternoon by saying I thought I had heard that 'One Direction' were splitting up. They were so distraught they had to hug each other to cope! By the time I 'remembered' that I had got it wrong and meant JLS, they had forgotten they hated each other! Hehe, evil, me!

Oh the girls are so much worse than the boys Em! It is hard to keep up with them - in one day they go from best buddies to hating each other, never going to speak to each other again, back to best mates by 3.30pm. I reunited some of them this afternoon by saying I thought I had heard that 'One Direction' were splitting up. They were so distraught they had to hug each other to cope! By the time I 'remembered' that I had got it wrong and meant JLS, they had forgotten they hated each other! Hehe, evil, me!

Ahhh SHOCK THERAPY!!! LOL

It is so easy at their age to reel 'em in! I always tell them afterwards that I was teasing though, and pick very carefully - only the ones I know can take it!

TGIF! On the sofa at the moment considering when I should make the tuna and chorizo fishcakes for tonight. OH is glued to eBay, as I may be buying a VW beetle in the next hour!

Oh the girls are so much worse than the boys Emm! It is hard to keep up with them - in one day they go from best buddies to hating each other, never going to speak to each other again, back to best mates by 3.30pm. I reunited some of them this afternoon by saying I thought I had heard that 'One Direction' were splitting up. They were so distraught they had to hug each other to cope! By the time I 'remembered' that I had got it wrong and meant JLS, they had forgotten they hated each other! Hehe, evil, me!

Love the bit where they had to hug to cope!! :rotflmao: .. very smart move methinks. Wouldn't it just make you wonder what they will be like with a real problem.. :rolleyes:

Ooh.. new car hey? Now that's very exciting.

Love the bit where they had to hug to cope!! :rotflmao: .. very smart move methinks. Wouldn't it just make you wonder what they will be like with a real problem.. :rolleyes:

I know Em, I often think that - everything is such a drama to them. I don't remember being like that at their age, but perhaps we were. Mind you, their role models are the same - 'reality tv,' talent shows where a 12 year old says they have been waiting 'all their life' for this moment etc., so what can we expect? I love working with that age group though.

Ooh.. new car hey? Now that's very exciting.

We didn't get it Em. We were outbid by £20! Oh well, something better around the corner...

Ho hum. We also didn't get a tumble dryer we were hoping for on Freegle. Obviously not my night. Mine is held together by duck tape and is probably an antique! I don't use it very often, so I begrudge the idea of buying a new one.

Food - after much discussion, OH is heading down the chippie! Egg and chips tonight. Eggs = primal, chips not so much, well not at all really, but the other option was a gluten free pizza from Pizza Hut, so I think I made a marginally better choice!

TGIF! On the sofa at the moment considering when I should make the tuna and chorizo fishcakes for tonight. OH is glued to eBay, as I may be buying a VW beetle in the next hour!

We love Beatles. We used to have two.

We love Beatles. We used to have two.

Me too. I have fancied one for ages. We used to have a VW camper (before they regained their popularity and became ridiculously expensive!) They all have so much character, I really covet a soft top one, but as I have never driven a beetle I have decided to go for a standard and cheaper one for a while to see if I like it as much as I think I will.

I'm with you on the youngsters who say that they don't know what they will do as it's been their lifetime dream..and all that stuff! My early memories were of a boy I had fallen out with and I pleaded "if only we could start again!".. .. oh dear.. teenage angst!

Oh well..enjoy your chips etc..

I remember sitting on the floor in the bathroom, leaning against the radiator, with sloppy love songs on my battery operated cassette player (!) crying about splitting from my first real boyfriend. I was convinced I would never feel like that again! Maybe we weren't that different after all. The technology has definitely improved though!

I remember sitting on the floor in the bathroom, leaning against the radiator, with sloppy love songs on my battery operated cassette player (!) crying about splitting from my first real boyfriend. I was convinced I would never feel like that again! Maybe we weren't that different after all. The technology has definitely improved though!

crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

My dad bought a VW camper when I was 8 and we drove from Seattle to Mexico and back camping all the way (my dad, my three sisters and me, plus an older female cousin that came along to help out). It was a awesome holiday -- we went to Mt St Helen's, Yosemite, the Redwood National Forest, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Monterey, LA, San Diego and Tijuana.

My mom had a red VW van with a white top when I was a kid. In think she bought the van first, then my dad bought the camper. After our vacation he gave the camper to his dad.

He bought the oldest 3 of us VWs when we got our licenses. My older sisters got bugs and I got a '66 Kharmann Ghia (that my older sister blew up the engine in it -- b!tch). My younger sister got an MG Midget. (All used)

I had a 75 VW when I married DH. He bought a 63 VW to restore. When we were moving to NY from Georgia I drove our Honda CRX, he drove the truck and towed his 63. I had to give my 75 to my sister. DH sold the partially restored 63 to another enthusiast when we moved overseas.

Wow, that sounds like an amazing holiday! We have just been covering the Mount St Helen's 1980 eruption in Year 11 history. Sounds like you are definitely a bug family!

While I'm typing... we have it! The other bidder backed out after the sale - they didn't expect the bidding to go that high! Duh, why bid that high then? We are very pleased - OH has seen it and driven it, and it is only about 20 miles away to collect!

My son wrote a huge research paper on Mt St Helen's. He chose the topic because I used to go to a Girl Scout Summer Camp at Spirit Lake. My family took amazing photos of all the ash on their cars, etc. I have an aunt who was living in Olympia at the time.

Super! I'm so jealous. I'd love to get my DH another bug. One day, perhaps.

Great news that you got the beetle after all :)

How have things been? I have been very out of the loop with diaries for the last week - sorry!

Back