Moonwatcher's Primal/Calorie Counting Adventure!

Im subscribing to this as like your self I have started and posted diarys on most pages .

Also I like the idea of CKEAN foods but also the calorie intake .

Started today making smoothies for breakfast
Pineapple apple spinach blueberries avocado sunflower seeds ginger and lime
325 cals .

Lunch will possible a salad with nuts

And dinner stir fry veg

Aiming to be a meat free day today as totally over indulged yesterday .

Good luck
Livvy

Morning MW VWL! (MoonWatcher VolksWagon Lover!)

DH grilled the steaks and I baked potatoes and teamed green beans. I bought a dessert. I kept it simple. The friend of DS is a big guy (so, is his dad), so ribeye steak and a massive jacket potato works.

Oh dear - it seems to be the week for weekend walks ending in injury. Hope its felt a bit more comfortable today for the return to work.

Im subscribing to this as like your self I have started and posted diarys on most pages .

Also I like the idea of CKEAN foods but also the calorie intake .

Started today making smoothies for breakfast
Pineapple apple spinach blueberries avocado sunflower seeds ginger and lime
325 cals .

Lunch will possible a salad with nuts

And dinner stir fry veg

Aiming to be a meat free day today as totally over indulged yesterday .

Good luck
Livvy

Hi Livvy and thanks for subscribing. I like the sound of the fruit smoothie, but must admit I'm not sure about the spinach in it. Can you taste the spinach very much?

Morning MW VWL! (MoonWatcher VolksWagon Lover!)

DH grilled the steaks and I baked potatoes and teamed green beans. I bought a dessert. I kept it simple. The friend of DS is a big guy (so, is his dad), so ribeye steak and a massive jacket potato works.

MWVWL - hehe. I like it! Ribeye steak is one of my favourite cuts - has more flavour.

Oh dear - it seems to be the week for weekend walks ending in injury. Hope its felt a bit more comfortable today for the return to work.

It is a lot better today thanks Atomic, apart from when I tripped over my handbag earlier! Serves me right for leaving it on the floor! How are the blisters?

Tuesday March 11th

Well I seem to be back 'in the zone' today. No idea why today particularly!

Breakfast was a small avocado with a spoonful of greek yogurt (277 cals)

Lunch - home made moroccan spiced lamb and veg soup (300 cals)

Dinner - stir fry veg with salmon, tamari sauce, root ginger, lime juice and coconut flour (458 cals)

Snacks - one ounce of wensleydale with mango and ginger, greek yogurt with a few cranberries (274 cals)

Drinks - water, milk in earl grey and vanilla chai teas, one coffee with cream (178 cals)

Bonus tonight as our after school meeting was cancelled, so got home at normal time, prepared tonight's food, lunch for tomorrow, cooked plums with cinnamon, apple sauce to freeze (before the apples went off) and curried swede soup for Thursday's lunch, sorted two loads of washing/putting away, ironed OH's work shirts for a week ahead, cooked and ate the stir fry, washed up, had yogurt and am now watching TV and doing a bit more of my VW cushion!

Total cals for the day: 1487, carbs: 67g

Calories are a bit low for my TDEE, but back on track and really not hungry for anything else at the moment.

Wow you got a lot one after working all day!

Lovely day back on plan :) Seems to be my day to get back in the zone today and I am going to be under my calorie target too but I think I would undo my "zone-ness" if I ate more just to make the numbers up. And I am sure I have made up for it elsewhere so I don't think the occasional deviation matters.

Hope ankle is better now, and there have been no more incidents!

Wow you got a lot one after working all day!

I was definitely on a roll Mel! Have been a bit less productive tonight - apart from cooking for tonight, lighting the fire and doing some paperwork. Having an hour or two with the TV and my knitting needles.

Lovely day back on plan :) Seems to be my day to get back in the zone today and I am going to be under my calorie target too but I think I would undo my "zone-ness" if I ate more just to make the numbers up. And I am sure I have made up for it elsewhere so I don't think the occasional deviation matters.

Hope ankle is better now, and there have been no more incidents!

Yes I agree Atomic. It's about being as 'normal' as possible with the eating, which will mean some days below calories (not sure that has ever happened to me before!) I am thinking that a day or two under calories each week might be a good way to get the pounds moving again, without going back to 'dieting.' Primal does appear to support occasional fasting, so think it would be acceptable to the guidelines.

Food for Wednesday 12th March

Breakfast - greek yogurt (145 cals)

Lunch - Warburton's gluten free wrap (not primal, but had one left in the freezer to use up) with wensleydale with mango and ginger, mango chutney and lettuce, stewed plums with cinnamon, vanilla essence, sweetener, some ready made custard (633 cals)

Dinner - chicken breast roasted with chilli and garlic flakes and smoked paprika, chorizo and leerdammer cheese, roast butternut squash wedges and shallots with coconut oil and oregano, roast courgette wedges tossed in garlic butter (810 cals)

Drinks - water, milk in earl grey teas and coffee, coffee with cream (131 cals)

Totals for today - calories: 1719/1759, carbs: 115

Wrap not primal and the custard had some sugar in it, but happy enough with the figures for today.

Evening!
Food sounds lovely. I hope you enjoyed your more relaxing day.

Thursday March 13th

Have already typed this out once, then the app crashed when I tried to upload my photo, and lost the post,
so here goes again...

Breakfast - greek yogurt with a little soft brown sugar stirred through. (150 cals) I have decided to allow myself a little sugar or honey now and then.

Lunch - home made curried swede soup with Philadelphia cream cheese (230 cals)

Snack - a pickled onion (5 cals)

Dinner - home made tuna and celeriac fish cakes with chillies, chipotle chillies, leek, shallots and nutmeg, coated with savoury cassava 'flour', served with butternut squash, turnip, red onions and tomatoes, roasted with coconut oil, oregano, paprika and a splash of balsamic vinegar, followed by cooked plums and custard (799 cals)

ForumRunner_20140313_210012.png

Drinks - water. milk in earl grey and vanilla chai teas, one coffee with cream (178 cals)

Down on calories again at 1362/1750, carbs 145. Feeling quite full though, so doubt I will have anything else.

Forgot to include the sauce with the fish cakes - greek yogurt with tomato puree, lime juice and garlic salt (74 cals)

That makes the totals 1436/1750 calories and 152 carbs

Evening!

I attended a Parent Partnership Seminar tonight on the changes to SEND. I posted some details from the meeting in my diary -- if you're interested.

Yay! The return of food pictures :) Looking very scrummy indeed. The fishcakes look lovely. Did the celeriac hold together as well as potato? I find it tends to be a bit wetter when mashed.

Evening!

I attended a Parent Partnership Seminar tonight on the changes to SEND. I posted some details from the meeting in my diary -- if you're interested.

Sounds interesting thanks Mel, I will take a look. So far we have been told only that statements in their current form will stop, and that the SEN funding will be divided among the cluster schools, with the schools deciding between them where it will go! (Would love to be a fly on the wall in those meetings!)

My boss has just signed me up for an 'apprenticeship' in LSA/TA roles. I don't know yet at which level I will start - it is equivalent to an NVQ. They take 18 months to complete, so it sort of helps to keep me in post. Once I have been in the position for 2 full years they 'have' to make it permanent, which is what she is aiming for.

Yay! The return of food pictures :) Looking very scrummy indeed. The fishcakes look lovely. Did the celeriac hold together as well as potato? I find it tends to be a bit wetter when mashed.

It was a wetter mix than with cauliflower or potato, but the cassava 'breadcrumbs' helped to hold them together for oven baking, while allowing some of the moisture to escape, so they worked really well.

Friday 14th March

Breakfast - microwave egg custard with philadelphia cream cheese (216 cals)

Lunch - ham salad with a spoonful of coleslaw, fresh fruit salad (343 cals)

Mid afternoon - small bowlful of leftover curried swede soup with a little cream stirred through (123 cals)

Dinner - cauliflower cheese bake with black olives, bacon and leek, topped with sprinkling of savoury cassava flour and chilli cheddar (1012 cals)

Drinks - water, milk in earl grey tea and a coffee, coffee with cream, tiny glass of cider (183 cals)

Total calories: 1877/1750, carbs: 100g

Back