Moosh's S&S diary

Well done moosh. Back to 11st 6lbs. That's brilliant. Keep it up! Only 2st to a healthy BMI that's so close! you've come such a long way.

I am working everday this week except friday so should be ok for the diet. But... Next week I am only working tues and wed as I will be taking lieu time back before I start my new job the week after. So I gotta keep myself very busy! x

Very busy is the key I think! Want my job? Currently have two under 5s and almost teenager, school holidays too! Oh and fun fun, on friday boss sister arrives with 3 kids! funny thing parents ALWAYS do, introduce me to the kids then wonder off into the other room so I'm stuck with 6 kids and can't take them out or anything as I don't know the adults' plans! Oh, sigh, busy yes!

Good luck for your last weeks and new job. Last weeks are always funny, I think, I always think oh I'll miss this and that then realise I hated most of it!

Day 81 over, ate a lot of meat. Very, very hungry again. Worst time was taking the kids to feed the ducks, well I feed the ducks the kids just eat the bread! Had all this yummy, seedy bread in my hands and just threw it away! Aaargh! But not a crumb made it in my mush.

Lunch was horrendous, mumboss was working at home and had friends over. I left it as late as I could but I was SSOOSOSOSO hungry I made a little salad with about 50g cucumber, 2 sticks celery, 80g chicken breast and some salad shake. And sat trying to keep the kids quiet while mum and friend ate tortelli with sauce and chatted. Oh I hate some parts of my job, just feel like a cupboard or something. I took the kids out as soon as I'd done as I couldn't bare it anymore, and had a bar walking to the park and felt better!

Very excited, sorting the final details for my friend's wedding! We're sharing a room the night before, I need to book it. I said I'll pay, so I'm going to try and get a nice room- executive, they call it! As that is the room she'll get ready in! And me too but that's not important :D then the night after the wedding, she is staying there with her new husband and I'm keeping the original room so no need to checkout, and I can drink! It's in late june so I will hopefully be very close to goal, so I intend to stop S&S a few days before and go low-gi or something that involves more carbs for the week, then see if I want to continue on the VLCD or take a different route. Very good to have a goal with a set date!

I'm noticing a few body changes more often, today I scratched my underarm and that funny roll of fat that pushes forward when my arm is down, next to my boobs, is not gone but reduced.... I appear to have wrist bones too, and my fingers are less chubby. Still chubby though, just a bit less! I'm going town on friday as I have the day off, I want to go in Clarks and try on these Womens Casual Sandals - Renver Band in Tan Leather from Clarks shoes I have fat feet so I don't know if they will fit but they look so comfy.... I've never had nice sandals that I can wear more than 5 mins!

Really looking forward to going home for Easter, going to see Hunger Games with middle sister. One of my fave books ever, not so keen on the final one though toooo sad.

Its so good to notice all those little changes isnt it. The 'bigger' ones are not as obvious unless clothes start dropping off or tape measure is used but things like wrists and fingers mean that the fits of fat from even the bony bits are going so you must be doing well!
The wedding is such a good focus, to look and feel as good as possible by then both for yourself and your friend. Just focus on that and you should be able to get to goal and be looking and feeling great!
Think I am making Easter boxes and chocolate nests with mini eggs to go in them with my lot today (I love mini eggs so that wont be easy!) Weather outside makes it harder to get them out though so got to plan some indoor things!
Hope you enjoy your day and your weekend away!

Moosh I've just been reading through you diary as I have switched from CD to S&S. I sooo get the binges that have to be *now* I can't wait for takeaways, it has to be whatever is in the house and lots of it until I feel unwell. Disgusting I know but it's also an eating disorder certainly for me. I look forward to your continued journey with the ups and any downs of course!

Woa, Moosh! Fabulous results. You are chasing me - I'm 22% body weight lost and 10 BMI points down. It doesn't seem very long since we started, does it? And you are only two stone from goal. I've got 5 to go.

Have a great Easter break and enjoy your time with your sister.

What a week, what a week. I binged, I jumped back on. I..... lost my job :(:( then binged :mad:

Basically my boss says once she has her baby, due june but likely to be induced late may, she will be a stay at home mum so sorry, no more need for nanny. So I'm job hunting. That was Thursday, last day before easter hols and they gave me a 200g Lindt bunny! They know I'm dieting, they know the plan I'm on. that morning the dad offered me bacon cobs, and at lunch asked me why I just didn't have half the pizza for the kids so I don't waste it (they chose to give them the pizza, not something I would chose at all). I know it's all excuses, I could have thrown the bunny away but on the day I found out I've lost my job? Horrendous!

I ate it, then I kept eating. Had a banana, 2 tins beans, 2 eggs, about 6 bars, a couple of shakes- thats all after a 100% day! Grr.

Friday was better. Got up at lunchtime, had a shake then a bar. Then I realised I was babysitting that night, when a bar would be useful but oh well! I went town to shop and well it was good friday so nothing much to see!

I took 2 shakes with me and had them while watching Thor, terrible film but I was being paid to watch it!

And nothing else yesterday! I had some coke zero to take with me and a Dr Pepper zero, yum yum, otherwise 100%.

Glad to know I can get back on it, very glad. WI today- I wasn't going to, after the week I've had, but I guess the mix of exercise and food this week was right, or maybe the binge didn't knock me out of ketosis, but I lost 4lb! Very very shiny.

Today so far- choc shake, ultraslim bar, lots of water. Cleaning today cos of Le Frenchman coming!

So sorry to hear about your job loss! From what I have read you do a fantastic job so I am sure it will be easy for you to find more work!

The whole weight thing is about dealing with, learning from and trying to make sense out of the things life throws at us, dealing with all those things, however big or small, you had a bad day but you sound like you put yourself in check and pulled yourself back! That is so positive, you have a come along way in such a small amount of time!

Think of you losing your job as fates way of telling you that you deserve better things, your destined to be somewhere else, your giving another family an opportunity, a chance!! to have you in their lives, to make a difference! How lucky are they going to be to have someone like you!

Well done on the 4lbs!! Brilliant loss!!

Stay positive, stay strong! xx

Brilliant loss and good on you for getting back in control! It is so difficult at the best of times to break that binge cycle but especially on the awful news of losing your job. Keep going! X

Dear Moosh,

Well done for jumping back on - and also your very shiny results. I am sorry that your current work is coming to an end. I know you'll do a great job finishing with them, and with your new snakelike hips will shimmy your way into another job that you'll enjoy. Have you asked her if she has any friends on maternity leave who are planning to return to work?

I was with a lovely real life vlcd (new) friend yesterday and we agreed that it's how we handle the awful things like job loss, dog death and in her case, her mother's Alzheimer, during the process of shedding weight and then maintaining is teh crix of our changes. So congratulations for getting back up and on track.

Have a lovely (grey) Easter Sunday - and enjoy the anglo-french alliance!

PS I forgot to say really really well done for getting to 50lbs. Isn't it amazing taht it's only a few eeks since we started??

PPS Love those sandals...will go and try them on myself.

PPPS oooh - just remembered your friend wants you in a sari. I think you'll look lovely - do try it. I felt very good when I wore them in India in the 1980s. I had a nappy pin(!) anchoring the skirt portion - unseen. Whatever you decide you wear, choose a clour you love and feel great in it!

Good work gettin back on plan!

Good luck with the job hunt, the right job will come up

Xxx

Why thankyou! And I like your name, I love those books! I haven't been on here in a while as I'm usually on MFP, so it's nice to come back to a lovely comment :D

Moosh....

Missing you! I'm a long way from being an mfp regular. I set up a profile - but don't know how to find you or any friednly miniminners on there. Looking forward to catching up with you soon.

Moosh has had some time out with her Frenchman (l'amour) :heartpump: ;)

Add me on MFP Ali - same name as here. You can then find Moosh under my friends list.

moosh, read your whole diary (consequently way past my bedtime! gah!)

you are officially amazeballs. chin up and come visit my diary soon, you are ace. x

I realise i haven't been on mimimins in 2 weeks! So here I am with a quick update, though knowing me it will become a long one!

I was struggling so much, when I went home I tried to keep up with S&S even though it was week 12 or so and well I fell.... I kept having extra bars, which is so bad for the digestion (trust me on this!) and expensive, really, when I could have fruit or something and not suffer all the digestive probs! So I decided to break and eat healthy and that. Yeah right! I binged like a binge machine, if I logged all I ate that first day I think I would have broken the internets. It did involve bread, it did involve the £ shop which is my worst place! For a fiver I'm in piggy eaty heaven, oh I do love a fatty bargain.

Anyway when I got back to home from, well, home, you know what I mean! My boyfriend visited from Paris, first time I've seen him since Jan, and he actually helped. Although the week involved copious amounts of alcohol and 2 takeaways I didn't binge as I would alone- I can seriously get though 20+ bars of choc a day, plus a ton of other crap! And he didn't let me, well it felt wrong to be doing it. I had a few treats but mainly stuck to what I'd consider a healthy diet, although not low-carb. Yoghurt and fruit for breakfast with a little bran chucked in, an indian takeaway and a chinese, and a thai meal but I didn't order any rice with anything, just had the meal bit. Very nice! I did have a keema naan, well half with the takeaway and half for breakfast! I'm so very classy.

I've now been back on it for 2 weeks. I did a wonderful, 100% week and lost 8.2lb! almost all of what I had put on. Hurray! So I celebrated by... falling arse over tit right off the program. I binged like an idiot for a day, oh bloody hell I can't even remember what I had but I know 4 different shops were involved and there may have been pork pies.....

This week I've been so so so so hungry. I've been maybe... 97%, haha, I had a slice of beef one day and a slice of ham one day. Yesterday for some reason I had 4 extra packs like the fool I am! Today again I was so hungry I could eat my own arm BUT I managed to go round town, including 4 different £ shops AND Wilkos AND Asda without going nuts. I had an Atkins bar, a little pack of chicken roll, and a BL bar :( but I know me, it could have been soooo much worse!

Lets ignore all that anyway and think of the future! I'm still jobhunting, I went town today for interview clothes but didn't buy a thing! I have no idea how to shop, today at my official WI I was 11st 4lb which is my lowest weight ever in my whole life....... I'm so used to buying tents, anything that fit over me I have no idea how to find stuff for thinner people! Am not 'thin' yet, I'm still size 14-16 but my stomach is huge so a lot doesn't fit me. It sticks out further than my boobs :( and they are 34G so that's a lot of sticking out! I just don't know what to buy, I need to look smart.... Will try Sainsbury's tomorrow when I visit my lovely friend.

Am visiting my friend because she broke her ankle :( it has pins in, she is really suffering. This is the same friend who is getting married in June, the event that kicked off my weight loss. Had she not decided to wed, I'd still be 15st plus. I've lost almost 4st because of her, since 8th December 2011 when she told me. All I wanted was to make sure I didn't show her up in the photos, I loathe having photos taken, seeing myself in a morror etc. The idea of looking for a tent to wear to a wedding (this will be the first wedding I've attended as an adult) filled me with dread! The wedding is still going ahead but it's all changed, she won't walk for a year! I still want to do her proud but everything is different. Hen party is cancelled, which was to be my next planned break on May 19th. So now my next planned break is the wedding itself, late June. In theory I could be at goal by then but I'm not pinning my hopes on that! I know me too well. I am still almost 4st lighter than when I first heard the news so if I am at this weight I will still count it as a victory, if I am less I will be happy as a happy thing.

I'm filling my evenings with craft now, I picked up some of my cardmaking supplies when I was at home and am supplementing it now with waaaay too much more stuff. Oh it's all so pretty! I'm looking to start selling cards soon, would love to do it all again. I love papercrafting. I can't draw, nor do I have an eye for jewellry making but I think my cards are good! I'll be setting up a site soon, once I've built my stocks up, and hopefully will make a go of it.

Who knows what this week will bring! After the past month or so, of ups and downs, I have no idea. I've only lost 1.2lb since a month ago today, a real shame to have wasted all this time and effort for a couple of binges to destroy it but at least it's down not up.

Back