Moosh's S&S diary

MiniMoosh

Mooshing back
We've got our own forum, how better to celebrate than talking nonsense! Hurrah!

I started S+S 5 days ago on Sat 14th Jan. The week leading to that I did use the products but not exclusively, that was the sample pack. I'm in ketosis, I don't feel any different :( but I got the sticks I ordered and well, I am!

In 2009 I lost 4st and I really regret letting myself stop, and gain. I was doing Rosemary Conley, which i intend to start again after S+S. It's a low-fat, low-gi diet focusing on fat content, cal counting and exercise. I loved it! The support of the weekly weigh in, the exercise at class, the little bits like the portion pots and magic measure.

But.... I lost my job, I lost my home, I moved abroad and got miserable. Bad job, loneliness, lack of support, loss of all my fave products, not speaking the language- all leading to me comfort eating.

Anyway, I found this forum through a parenting site- I'm a nanny, not a parent but I like just chatting. I looked at all of the different forums, googled any diet anyone even briefly mentioned. I liked the look of CD or LL but I don't want to go to meetings or anything, I work 12 hours a day I don't need more to do! I liked the look of Exante but in the end S+S looked cheaper and had the sample pack!

I've found my routine, one that works. Start day with a meal or shake made with ice, lunch at 12-1ish (whenever the baby goes to sleep!) of another meal, then I thinly slice a bar at the kid's teatime when I usually cook extra so I can pick! No more! Then a final shake or meal in the evening.

I bought a breathspray as I'd heard of the ketosis-breath but to be honest I use it more as a deterant- I spray before I prepare a snack for the kids, who wants to eat a slice of apple or biscuit if all they taste is strong, astringent mint!?!?! I've stopped gum, which is a shame. I've chewed a pack a week since I was 10 or so! Odd not to have it in my mouth constantly. I'm looking for those strip things but no luck thus far. I have one mint a day, after lunch.

I do have one sachet of water flavour a day, in the evening. Thats my treat! So far, apart from that and the mint, I've done 100% and I'm very proud of myself. I'm hoping to introduce more exercise soon, would like to tone as well as slim!

That's kind of my backstory anyway, well done if you made it this far! I like to record my meandering thoughts, more for future (hopefully thin and healthy) me than for now. I wish I had done this before so i could look back and see the good weeks and the bad.

Tomorrow a big order is due, I have one shake left, lots of bars and several spag bols! So enough to last if the order doesn't arrive but I'm looking forward to another choc shake! I did a big order, used my entire food budget for the month so THIS IS IT! No excuses. I have to follow this diet or.... starve! No money for more food.

Last edited:
Day 6 starts with a hot shake, for the first time. Something I've learnt- don't just pour boiling water into a shaker, add the mix and shake with the intention of adding cold water after. IT WILL EPLODE! Just spent 10 mins cleaning vanilla and crispy bits off of the walls, surface, my pj top and worst of all my glasses!

Oh and it turns out I don't like the crispy bits, I did the choc one in the blender and it was ok but just like this, urgh. Note to self, don't order any more! Oh no wait, have an order coming today with about 11 choc crispy ones...... think I'll have to sieve!

Oh yes, made that mistake at work. Lol. Shook, and lid blew off in an open plan office with a big bang :). I did one yesterday following the instructions of someone on here. Mix 150ml cold water and shake. Add boiling water from the kettle (I made it up to 500ml as I usually do). Stir and it's ready to go. I had the vanilla one with coffee. Was nice.

good luck on your day 6! YE sdo the hot shakes as BG suggests - not in the shaker lol!!

I Looooove the crispy shakes I would have swapped you for spag bol but I've arranged a swap with someone else!

Have a good day xx

Good luck Minimoosh :) I've done exactly the same... made myself poor by buying a month's worth of products therefore I HAVE to stick to the diet :)

It's lovely that you've found a plan to suit you :) I think once you have that sorted you're well on your way :)

Good luck with day 6!! x x

Thanks all for the support! Great tip BordersGirl, I never drink hot drinks so I just had no idea it would do that! I'll keep trying though, a hot drink is very welcome on a cold morning.

I'm feeling really, really cold recently. It must be the diet, though it is cold out. I'm always the person without heating on, saying open the windows! There were two years (when I was at my biggest) that I had a a fan on all day and all night or I couldn't sleep. Though I did sleep with windows shut then, was a very spidery house!

Todays big news- my order came! Yay! Everything there, all piled up in my kitchen now waiting to be re-housed. I was kind of hoping I'd get a sample or something... a lot of you have mentioned you got something, or a discount. But no, £200 spent now! Thats just the greedy side of me though :D:D Now i have the dilema of what to have for tea, I try to wait till 9 as I have a bar at 5 but I am hungry now! I'm deciding between trying to do a cookie with the oatmeal, which is the only reason I bought any! Or have a choc shake. Hmmm. That will keep me occupied till 9, I hope!

Today was very, very tough. I keep having cravings, my tummy is rumbly and funny. I'm proud of myself for not eating any of the kids tea, did sausages and my goodness did I want one! I was a huge pack as well, I could have very easily had 2 or 3 or 4! But I chopped my bar up small, had a Tesco one today as bigger, and nibbled through tea. Phew.

Been asked on a playdate, me and the kids at another childs house with her nanny. The nanny is on WW and offered to do a WW meal for us. I don't know what to say, I don't want to tell people about S+S but I don't know how to get past it!

Could you not just say you were on a low carb diet and suggest a meal of grilled chicken and salad and have that to eat?? Always seems to be my Savior in forced eating situations!!

Well done on sticking through it :) x x x

Could you not just say you were on a low carb diet and suggest a meal of grilled chicken and salad and have that to eat?? Always seems to be my Savior in forced eating situations!!

Well done on sticking through it :) x x x

Thats a good idea. I guess I never think of low-carb as I'd never really heard of it before this! Thanks:)

No worries :) Just have a look at the list of things you can have and just suggest something along those lines :) No one will suspect a thing and you'll still feel comfortable!

Day 7! Started with a warm choc shake, good as I'm feeling the cold but I didn't like it to much. Maybe it was too thin, I like them thicker. Will experiment!

About to wrap up warm and face the day! Have a good day all S+Sers.

Well, just weighed myself. 13st 11lb. Thats a 5lb loss my first week. Which is good yes, but I can't help be dissapointed considering how much others have lost in the first week. But a few things I must remember-

--I have PCOS. This slows down weightloss, makes it difficult.
--I started low GI in december and lost 7lb in one week. After Christmas I weighed the same as after that 7lb loss.
--I started a general low carb, low fat, low cal diet before I started S+S so was possibly in ketosis before it began.
-- TOTM! May be getting in the way.

I do know that the first few days were a lot easier than for some people on here. I never had the headaches or felt really sick- just a general sicky feeling, not hunger though.

Ok, having thought about it I do feel better about 5lb. I need to go and look at that pic of 1lb of fat again to put it in perspective!

Today will be a big challenge. I'm taking the youngest to softplay, a huge out of town one with a cafe that sells nothing but greasy crap. I usually get her a lunchbox (sarnie, raisins, crisps, fruitshoot, yoghurt) and me chips or wedges with sausages. NOT TODAY! I'm taking all three bars I like so I can choose the one I really fancy. I've though about it and a shake is just not feasible. Really really hope one day S+S start doing Tetras like CD does!

I'm gonna update my stats on here- best part of the week! Then wake up the wee one to go out. I can do this, I really can.

5lb is brilliant well done!!! Hope today goes well xx

Congrats on the 5lb :D At least it's going down!!! x x

Down's certainly better than up! Back from softplay now, I had a salad! Just a side salad, lettuce and cucumber. I couldn't weigh it but having weighed 200g of both before I know it was less. Then a bar.

I thought it would be odd eating again but it's only been a week! I'm positive there have been many, many weeks in the past were no salad went past my lips. Plus I'm hardly on a liquid diet..... at the moment it's one shake, two meals and one bar a day. So I eat everyday! Oh well, least I know I can just eat a wee salad (I even gave some cucumber to the baby!) and not munch everything in sight. Next table over had sausage, chips and beans. And I got a packed lunch for the baby, she's only 16m so in the past I would have had one of the sandwiches, half the crisps anything else she didn't want plus my own meal! But i didn't. Yay me.

I ordered the salad as I really thought I wouldn't be able to cope but when it came I thought I could have done without it, I'm stronger than I think. I ate it though, I don't think veg from the allowance that I never use will kick me out of ketosis!

Sounds like you are doing brilliantly MiniM! The fact that you are around food and still stick to the plan is admirable! I hear you about feeling cold. That will go but it's a hundred times better than being constantly hot due to the excess blubber we cart around - fast disappearing for us all! You're doing great!

Thanks Giza- yes, true, far more lady like to be a bit shivery than spendin all day worrying you look sweaty... and gross, and smelly!

I'm cooking right now, hence coming back on here. I'm doing chicken for the kids. I think I'll have a shake when they eat, as I've had my bar for today. I just wish I could have more than one, I could happily eat them and nothing else!

Well this evening was a bit of a challenge, but I was suprised how easy it was! I went to ASDA, a huge one, because I needed water and fancied trying cinnamon and nutmeg in things. I wondered around, ignoring all my fave aisles- cooked meats, pizza, confectionary, crisps..... nope! I stayed on track. Picked up a couple of jugs, water, the spices blah blah. Also found they did Biggest Loser bars! £1.99 each though, I fair bit more than the 37p I paid for the other ones. I think they must have been stopped, never seen them since. Anyway got 3 new things to try at random, looking forward to the mint fudge one- though I did try the mint choc BL shake and it was the worst thing EVER!

One moment of joy- I found some Salter scales, full on analyser ones, for £10! Down from £20. But at the checkout, said £20. I took a staff member back to the shelf, pointed it out, and got it for £10! I'm so happy with myself for sticking it our, normally I would slink away but I really wanted them. On the downside, I now have scales at home.... so I'll be weighing every damn day! It's one that does to the .2 of a lb so hopefully will be more acurate than trying to lean down and see on the dial one at work.

I just tried an oatmeal meal-pack cookie with cinamon in. Well, I clearly didn't add enough as it tasted the same as last time! Still nice though. Lovely treat yet I could do it three times a day if I wanted!

Urgh. I weigh more on these scales. I knew that would happen! I'm ignoring it though, till I get to the weight I thought I was! Only 2lb difference!

The mint BL bars are OK, and nice to have something different, but the S&S lemon and choc truffa bars are much nicer I think although it's a shame they aren't a bit bigger :)

Back