Moosh's S&S diary

Good to see you back. Well done on the 8.2lb. Getting back on the wagon is always better than binge town even if its 90% ..all steps towards a healthier mindset :)

Ooo good luck with the clothes hunt. I can never find anything as I have a 30kk so I feel your pain!!

Have a good weekend x

Good luck Moosh!! You can do this!! Take it one day at a time x

How lovely to hear from you, Moosh. I'll go over to MFP and add you to my friends there as BG suggests. You've done fab to manage so well - and you'll soon be eating like a Frenchwoman - though Keema naan for breakfast is probably a new idea for them! You've picked yourself up after binging - and continued - well done. It's wonderful you are heading towards the 10s. With no hen night to come of plan for, you'll be winging your way downwards to a fab size for the wedding.

Have you thought about booking yourself in with the personal shoppers at Debenhams, House of Fraser or John Lewis? Ask them for work clothes and wedding outfits. Tell them you are no buying today - and it will give you some ideas about what styles to consider. You may find something you love, and come back and buy it in a smaller size for the wedding.

I've been reading about this book: Eating Less: Say Goodbye to Overeating: Amazon.co.uk: Gillian Riley: Books and will buy it when I have some cash.

See you on MFP which will be my regular hang out when I'm at target - which btw I just reduced by half stone as I'd been a bit enthusiastic and reduced it from my Alizonne target. We'll see when I get there if I will go 1/2 stone or more lower.

Reading this diary gives me hope and also let's me know that it's ok to fall back a little. After all, I'm only human. It gives me the strength to want to carry on. Thanks Moosh!

Why hello diary, it's been a while!

I'm back on S&S at exactly the same weight I started last time- 15st. I wasn't sure if I should start a new diary or stick with this one, I decided I need my history! I do need the diary though, lets hope I can stick with it better this time.

So last time I was on S&S I did well, so very well, then gave up. All the old demons came back, eating, self worth, everything. I tried again a few times, particularly keeping a wedding in mind- I lost like 4st before, for a wedding, and another very good friend got married in March and I wanted to be thinner for it. Sadly I was about 15st and it was bloody horrible, stayed a week with all these thin people and hated myself. The bride bought us all onesies as a wedding favour and we all wore them on an Easter egg hunt on the grounds of this amazing house. Didn't have the heart to tell her... she'd got me a size 14-16 and I'm a 24! I was the only one in a coat because it was tighter than skintight and I was so embarrassed.

But here's the next big thing- my amazing little sister is getting married in October 2013, and she's asked me to be a bridesmaid. big gulp. I CANNOT let her down in this, other sister is also to be bridesmaid and she's quite flakey, I'm not sure she'll even show up on time. I have to be there and I have to be happy in my skin- I have to be thinner!

Other goal is New Years, the same group of people who stayed after the wedding are going to the bride's parent's place and as it is, no way I'm going. I felt such an outsider.... if I get down, even to a 14, I'll go! I want to show them I'm not just a blob.

Ok ok... there are my reasons. I'm trying to do all the stuff that helped me lose the weight before- this diary, MFP, telling people (supportive people), and a thread on mumsnet to keep me grounded. I fail at this, I'll have to change my MN username again!

I also split from my OH recently. Not horrendous, not emotional, it was long distance but it was 4 years of my life. I was... complacent. But both of us agreed we'd never live in the same country, so many reasons it wouldn't work long-term so I'm better off BUT I'm now looking for someone at a very high weight..... grr.

anyway, off to work now, lets hope I'm back here tomorrow!

Hi, I think most of us on here have been in the same position as you. We all know how to lose it & keep it off but keep messing up. One if these days we'll crack it! Good luck:)

Moosh's S&S diary

Welcome back and good luck with your journey. Restarting is hard but as many of us have been where you are, it is doable.
Will be rooting for you :)

Sorry things haven't been the best lately. Welcome back and good luck. X

Right right- day 5, feeling really ill, shakey and my legs are aching like mad. But....still 100%. But I have a first date today and may go a bit odd. I mean, I can hardly pull out a shake at the Tate Modern! So I'm taking a bar, just had a shake, will eat bar on the train before I meet hm and if food comes up I'll aim for a salady place. Oooo! Going to try not to go off plan too badly, it's so easy to order a diet coke if that's all they have etc. I'll try and stick to water or tea!

Hi MiniM - good to hear from you again!

Back