Moosh's S&S diary

I am qualified in childcare and always wanted to be a nanny abroad!! But then i met my hubby to be and fell pregnant so it didnt work out that way lol wouldnt change it for the world now though!

Im the same i have zero shops near me, closest is 20 minute walk which is asda, and i dont drive, but gives me the exercise! The boots i get weighed at is also a 20 min walk too, but my scales appear to be working now and weighing the same as boots are so think i'll try my own out for a while, saves me money!! xx

Nannying abroad isn't a good as you may think- you didn't miss out! I did a few months in Belgium, was ok just boring. Then 13 months in Paris- awful, worked for a horrible family and hated it. Only good thing was of course my little charge and meeting my BF. So glad I'm back in the UK now, it nearly killed me!

Ahhh really? Funny how things arnt what you think, i thought i'd be 'living the dream' Lol

But have always and still do want to eventually move abroad, with my little fam though of course :)

We almost left for australia 2 years ago but my son developed bad asthma then allergies and we nearly lost him twice so it terrified me into changing life at that time!

Paris wow! Was it a lovely place? Did u go disney land?? xx

Nope to Disney Land, I didn't even get up the Eiffel Tower! I worked 6-7 days a week, never knowing my weekend hours till the day. Was constantly on call, no time to myself. Didn't speak the language, no time to learn, urgh I can't believe I stayed so long!

oh my word, not what i imagined, no wonder u hated it!! x

Well it's one of those things, ended up in the poshest area where no one spoke English at all! Plus worked for a terrible family. I know people in outer Paris who had a better time. And I did have a rough time with a family in the UK once, didn't get along at all. Maybe just the mix of awful family + bad language probs!

Ok so my day so far has been.... 100%! I've had a choc shake, done with 150ml water then same at lunch but I did with 250ml and then added extra! I think I'm learning to love it, which is good as I have quite a few en route to me right now!

Also had plenty of water, maybe 1.5l or so. Plain water, no flavoured for today! I did have a cup of Earl Grey but it does say on S&S tea is ok (may have had 2 tiny tablet sweetners but if they seriously affect me then sod it all, I'm sure swallowing a fly gives you more cals!) I had my 200g veg in the form of a box of rocket, some celery and some cucumber as the kids had a raw veg and sandwich lunch!

Eldest is out at another nanny's house for playdate, baby is sleeping and I should be ironing but well am I? Nope on here and also randomly craving another shake, I think that may well be tea for me too. And after me saying I could never do LT or anything involving only a couple of choices!

In other (TMI) news- the, ahem, waterfall affect has yet to leave me. Don't know if that's a residual affect from yesterday's flavoured water and pop, or something I've had today, or something just randon like a bug. I'm only noting this stuff so in a week or two if it happens again I can look back and see if there's a theme!

Sounds like you managing to cope better today Moosh :)

I love the choc shakes myself think i like them slightly better than crispy choc.

I am a big tea drinker i usually have about 8-10 cups a day but funny since starting this i cannot stomach tea(cannot make it to my liking) only had about 4 days with tea, i was put off the bouillon too after 3 days so odd i normally love things like that,and earl grey one of my faves :( . I think ketosis is playing a part as it is leaving everything tasting a bit rank unless it is strong flavoured like the meals....

Had plain water myself today staying clear of the flavourings for a few days, not my beloved dr pepper though ha ha it takes the bad taste away!!

Good luck with the rest of your day chick xx

Thanks for all the positive words everyone! I honestly don't know if the flavoured water or pop is making a difference- I'm losing, I don't feel like crap but I am just... runny!

I forgot to say before- added a couple of gross and hideous before pics to the gallery!

Hope your feeling back on top form soon hun!

I have been drinkin coke zero and sparkling water today, im getting abit of bellyache :\

Where is the before pics posted? xx

Just looked and commented :D they are certainly not gross!!!! xxx

I am going to try and summon up the courage for "before" pics tomorrow. How did you do yours? I cant see them at the mo as work pc blocks pictures but i dont really want my son or hubby to have to see my cottage cheese thighs etc!! :confused: lol

Sigh, pasty :( I could go for one!

They aren't specific before pics, they are ones other people took of me over Christmas and posted on FB. One I had to crop to get rid of my sisters. I tried to take one this week as a comparison (2st less!) but I can't work out how to do it! And don't have anyone who can!

You might have to take it in the mirror then maybe? I could drive to newquay and take some for you lol.

I could go a pasty now too :rolleyes: Just think of a really yukky grizzly one that's got too much pepper in it....think of a Ginsters pasty!!! :D:D:D

Thanks for the offer but you'd have a long way to drive, I live in London now! I've tried in the mirror but nothing I do makes it look like me, all I see is the phone or it's too dark etc. I'll work it out, When I get to goal I'll never stop taking photos of myself lol!

You've done great today moosh well done!! xxx

Thanks hun but.... oh dear, I haven't blipped as such but I didn't do 100%!

I ended up baking cakes with the kids- Thursday is cake day at school, so on half term seemed fair to do it. I don't want my diet choice to affect them at all, I'm being paid to provide good quality care, not to refuse certain activities cos I'm dieting!

Soooooooooooooooooo fairy cakes.... then half hour watching the girls pour a shedload of sparkly crap and icing on. Old me would have eaten 5-6, easily. I licked my fingers a few times making the icing and found myself scooping some up but I washed my hands! I had to had to have something, so I had a bar only 30mins early BUT it was a Tesco bar as they are bigger and thought it would last! So there goes 100% on S&S only :D

Oh well. I came home (late as ever, thanks boss) and just wanted to stuff my face so had 3 cans coke zero to just have had something. Think I'm ok waiting till 9 for my next pack- thinking it will be my third choc shake of the day!!!

Thanks for the offer but you'd have a long way to drive, I live in London now! I've tried in the mirror but nothing I do makes it look like me, all I see is the phone or it's too dark etc. I'll work it out, When I get to goal I'll never stop taking photos of myself lol!

haha don't worry I'm not that weird anyway :D:D

You have done well today btw! :D

Back