Moosh's S&S diary

Oh whow you look fantastic. So different. How much gave you list again & when did you start? Those pictures aline would help stop picking at food. Congrats to u xx have you much left til ur at your goal?

I've lost 2st in 50 days! I don't know how much longer I have, I assume at least another 50 days as I am exactly half way there. But losses will slow, I may decide to move on from S&S, or my goal may change. Who knows!

Oh wow! You look absolutely fab!!!! Aw, thats awsome, it really is. You're doing so well!

I'm so proud :)

Gulp, whoops, of course it will be a lot longer than 50 days- that was 50 days to lose 2st, and only counts S&S days. I already did 6 weeks before then! So a lot longer, oh well I'm fully prepped.

I'm a bit proud of me, in an odd way- I did these apple and raisin cookies for the kids but I had no cinnamon, so I put in mixed spice. So I just tried a bit of one, abou 1cm cube, because I can't give them to the kids without checking! Plus the mix made 18, way too many to fit in freezer, so will be taking them to hand out to kids after middle's ballet class. So I don't want to kill any random girls in tutus! But then I stopped...... I'm faced with a plate of 18 muffins, really really nice ones, soooo many I could eat 12 now and leave the rest in a box and boss wouldn't even know! But I stopped, I've put the remains of the ones I picked at in a bowl for baby's snack. Phew. House smells all spicey and cakey! I've got a wee little Extra mint in my gob now!

Fantastic pictures MiniM! You look great!

you look lovely in your picture. You look so slim already. Well done that must be such a great motivation.

and wow on the baking and not nibbling!

Does it affect you at all Moosh trying the kids food? I have two wee ones at home to feed xo

Do you mean affect ketosis? Because to be honest, I'm not entirely sure about ketosis. I feel the same everyday, whether I've just had a week at 100% or just had a day with food in! I alwasy feel a bit hungry, less tired and not at all bloaty!

Affect me like, I want to eat- well I have my 'tricks' for myself. When I do lunch, I try to cook extra- I'm only cooking for the toddler, so can do extra pasta in sauce etc and freeze it. Then I'm not tempted by a tiny portion of re-heated pasta, I eat any and she won't have enough.

I have to live second to second, I've never reased the stage some people have when they say they can forget to take a pack as they aren't hungry. I'm always hungry. I cope every second, like at breakfast they were eating cheerios which I love and baby didn't eat any, she just kept dropping them on the floor one by one so I popped the ones on the floor in the bowl and did toast. Old me would have eaten the bowl of cereal, don't want to waste it! After having had a huge breakfast at home. So I told myself, some have been on the floor, they're dirty and gross and the floor is germy (not really true, the floor is very clean!). then I think phew, craving over, but then I have toast to deal with! It is very very hard.

Some things I do is give the kids things that are personal, like giving them a box of raisins for snack instead of a bowl with a little portion in. I can't nibble their box of food like that! I cook things I don't really fancy, sometimes stuff I don't like at all so I did a korma last week as I hate coconut. And sometimes if I am really craving something one day I make sure what I give them is the opposite, like if I'm craving icecream or something sweet I'll give them stodgy savoury dishes.

I close the bread when I've taken some out, excess food I chuck straitaway or if leftovers I put in a bowl in fridge with cling film on. I try not to cook my absolute faves- I used to cook a family sized lasagne, serve up to the kids and have a portion myself- then go home to another full meal! Plus I know my bosses rarely eat what I cook so it will be sitting there tomorrow for a big lunch!

Other things I do, have a mint in my mouth or use breathspray before preparing anything savoury. I have my bar at 5 every day, sliced thin on a chopping board and I pop a slice in every time I'm really tempted. I do have to try a lot of their food, heat and taste etc but I try to keep it minimal!

Thanks for that post :D

I make my kids food with wheat in as I can't have it,lol! There are still things I like in the house like fruit etc but I just need to tell myself no. Last night I threw their leftovers straight in the bin. I suppose because I can't have a lot of their food, I don't taste it either. If OH is here then he can try things. I have noticed I become a feeder though,lol xo

cupcake86 said:

I make my kids food with wheat in as I can't have it,lol! There are still things I like in the house like fruit etc but I just need to tell myself no. Last night I threw their leftovers straight in the bin. I suppose because I can't have a lot of their food, I don't taste it either. If OH is here then he can try things. I have noticed I become a feeder though,lol xo

Being a feeder must run in the family lol

you can really see the difference in the pics well done your doing great

Well done, you look fantastic! Keep going and you should be very proud of yourself.

I know, it's so difficult when you can't just throw everything non-S&S away cos there are others to think of! At home, I've gotten rid of most things as they were proving too tempting. But I live alone, so I know every single food thing I buy, I eat. No one else to eat it! So I buy a pack of crisps, I know I'm eating it all, no one else to pinch a few. So no food at home!

Work is different, I mean it's someone elses house so I don't get to throw their things away! I have to cook a round menu for the kids, include all food groups and I'm expected to do it to a high standard so no chance of just giving them crap! My bosses are very supportive in their own way, they've stopped offering me food, buying things for me and offering takeaways when I babysit!

I've become a feeder too, today I made muffins for the kids and I really wanted to eat one so I gave it to the baby, knowing she hates cake (well, I don't know, she just refuses to try it!) I was encouraging her to eat it! In the end I chucked it and gave her a banana! Then I took the muffins to school to give out, the kids always get given food and I never remember to bring any to give out so I hope I'm seen as generous for a while!

Wow moosh, you look great. Such a big difference! Your face is so much slimmer now, as is the rest of you. I love seeing photos, especially when people are doing so well.

I admire what your doing. My DD refuses vegetables, no matter how I cook them whereas DS will eat almost anything. I wish I cooked more, like proper cooking but no one eats it :(

Sent by Mrs Cupcake to be <3

I admire what your doing. My DD refuses vegetables, no matter how I cook them whereas DS will eat almost anything. I wish I cooked more, like proper cooking but no one eats it :(

I love to cook- for other people. I find cooking at home tedious and expensive, cooking for one is seldom cost-effective even if you freeze stuff. Thats why I lived on a diet of ready meals and junk! I love to cook at work but the kids rarely like it, I did them beans on toast today and they loved it..... tomorrow I'll do pasta with sauce or a cottage pie or something, the 5 year old usually cries when she sees what the food even if she chooses what it is! Insane!

Lol, kids. My daughter refuses to try food -that drives me mental! If she tried it & didn't like it then ok but to not even taste it :(

Right, thats another 100% day done- something to celebrate, even one! I was sooooooooo tempted this evening to have another pack or bar but I didn't. Today was-

Porridge
can coke zero
cup earl grey
500ml coke zero
2 glasses water
2l coke zero
200g salad of lettuce, celery, spring onion, shallot, cucumber with tin sardines
cup tea
Tesco bar
2l coke zero
cup tea
cup boullion
choc mush
2 glasses water

Ooopsie, bit coke heavy today! I've been trying so hard to curb fluid consumption but I'm so thirsty, I could have easily had 3 times that amount but I reined myself in. Harsh!

Tomorrow I need to cook for the kids, fun fun, I may have to find something I hate so I don't nibble!

Holy crap! Is all that coke good for you moosh? It's awfy gassy?! I canny c your pics :-((( cos I use my iPhone. I'm sure you look amazing x

Well done on a 100% day...have you honked for it? -incase you think I'm mad there's a thread I started where you honk when you've had a 100% day, it helps motivate you xo

Back