Red Days More red info please

I_dream_slim

Silver Member
Ok so 5 weeks of EE done and I suffered a .5 lb gain this week. Not a lot I know! But I now definitely want a loss this week-a decent one would've good! I'm at a wedding this weekend-so will make sensible choices but won't be totally in control (or rather I've been waiting as long as the bride and groom for this one so will be enjoying all aspects of the day-champers included). My question is as of Sunday I'm back on schedule in a serious way and thought I could shock the system/ shake things up a but with s red day. Do people think this might help me? Or should I just jump straight back on with EE?

If I do go red what are your ultimate red day necessities? Favourite meals etc? Going from EE it's quite hard to get your head round red/ green though I'm not sure why!!

Thanks in advance all, xxx

I do mainly red. Will normally have weetabix for breakfast (hexb), egg or ham salads or lunch, and always save a jacket potato to have with my tea as a HEXB2. I love new York chicken!! Chicken breast with a TBS BBQ sauce which I syn, with cheese as a healthy extra sprinkled over the top of the lean bacon! Yum yum!! I've also become addicted to homemade carrot and cumin soup for lunches!!!

I_dream_slim said:
Ok so 5 weeks of EE done and I suffered a .5 lb gain this week. Not a lot I know! But I now definitely want a loss this week-a decent one would've good! I'm at a wedding this weekend-so will make sensible choices but won't be totally in control (or rather I've been waiting as long as the bride and groom for this one so will be enjoying all aspects of the day-champers included). My question is as of Sunday I'm back on schedule in a serious way and thought I could shock the system/ shake things up a but with s red day. Do people think this might help me? Or should I just jump straight back on with EE?

If I do go red what are your ultimate red day necessities? Favourite meals etc? Going from EE it's quite hard to get your head round red/ green though I'm not sure why!!

Thanks in advance all, xxx

Lol! I am the opposite and find ee more hard work with all the one third super free lark!

I would sumerise it as follows.

In your book everything on the orange superfree pages is free, everything on the red free pages is free. Think meat, fish, eggs and yoghurts.

You can have 2 x hea from the orange/yellow hea page.

You can also have two heb. These can be from the orange/yellow heb page or the red heb pages. This would be cereals crackers potatoes or wholemeal pasta.

Syns your allowance is the same, but you count the red value, so anything with pasta/rice/spuds in would have a higher syn value.

I rarely use pots/rice/pasta as healthy extras - can't be bothered with all that weighing and measuring !!........but instead I eat a lot of butternut squash, usually peeled and cut into wedges, and cooked like SW chips, othertimes boiled or mashed, feels like you are having pots in a way.

I do like mixing things up a bit and do follow all the plans in one week !

I'm on my 2nd day of RED after EE and a few sporadic Greens so far so I'm just posting here to subscribe for as much info as comes. Thanks :)

I'm really looking forward to my Scrambled Egg and Smoked Salmon breakfast tomorrow though.

So am I right in thinking you could have 2 slices if nimble with your smoked salmon and milk in your scrambled eggs and still have another hex a + b?? If so think I might get me some red days!! In fact while I'm on the subject do you have to have 2 different hex b and a's on red days or could you have 2 the same (4 slices nimble etc??) I'm sensing a bread and butter pudding slimming world style!! Xx

Yes that's right with red and green days you have 2 x HEa & 2x HEb. You can have the same or different, however it fits in with your day !!

Attachments

• image-330037746.jpg
    image-330037746.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 61
Thanks for this guys! I'm gonna try a red few days from Sunday and see if it helps my loss this week!! Xx

I_dream_slim said:
So am I right in thinking you could have 2 slices if nimble with your smoked salmon and milk in your scrambled eggs and still have another hex a + b?? If so think I might get me some red days!! In fact while I'm on the subject do you have to have 2 different hex b and a's on red days or could you have 2 the same (4 slices nimble etc??) I'm sensing a bread and butter pudding slimming world style!! Xx

Yep, on red and green you get 2hea and heb. You can have two the same or two different, entirely up to you!

I'm no expert so please don't shoot me if I've got this wrong :hide:

but according to my C and another C that attends our group as a client . . . . . . .

strictly speaking you're not supposed to choose your 2nd HEXb choice from the orange pages (EE list). You're supposed to opt for one from the additional choices further on in the book from the red/green HEXb choices.

Having said that, most of us "tweak" the plan to suit ourselves to the choice is yours - to tweak or not to tweak, that is the question! lol.

I just checked it out in the book and the orange pages 20-25, it says are healthy extras on ee, green and original. Plus the extra green/original ones further in the book.

I hope! ;)

Sorry, I read it three times to make sure I understood and now I see you mean the 2nd Hex. Out doesn't day anything in the book about that except the tag line "make 1 choice from the a section and one from the b everyday". It doesn't say have up to two so Auntynet is right.

No I think that's because on EE you only get one of each so they can't say "choose *twice*" on that page.

If you go on to the Red/Green HEX pages they say

Green: "choose once or twice from the Healthy Extra 'a' section on page 21 and twice from an extended Healthy Extra 'b' section on pages 22 to 25 and the green list on pages 29 to 31".

Red: "choose once or twice from the Healthy Extra 'a' section on page 21 and twice from an extended Healthy Extra 'b' section on pages 22 to 25 and the red list opposite".

It doesn't say anything about limiting your choices to one from pp 22-25 - it explicitly says twice and that this list is 'extended' for Green/Red.

I've never heard of any limitation on where you can choose your second HEXB from and the book definitely doesn't seem to make any limits on it so I think you're free to take your HEXes from where you want.

Back