Extra Easy Mid-Journey to End-Journey

Thursday afternoon.

Yesterday was ok but I had to fight a lot of cravings all day. My lunch wasn't very exciting and I think this triggered a want for something more appealing. I managed to stay on plan, more or less - 16.5 syns.

Today, I have had my usual breakfast, a salad with spinach, butternut squash, Laughing Cow, strawberries, chicken, ham, peppers, piri piri.
I went for a walk then and scoffed a Cadbury Snack. No issues with that.
I had an apple this morning and I have a Kvarg, 2 boiled eggs and more fruit. Dinner will be a prawn salad.
Treat will be a meringue nest.

Well done- inspiring!

Well done- inspiring!
Thanks!
Today was a strange bag.
Breakfast was an apple
Lunch was my healthy b bread with laughing cow and 8(!!) Quorn nuggets.
Snack was a whole pack of smoked salmon 250g
Dinner was prawns, spinach, red cabbage and laughing cow
Snacks; Hifi and mini crunchie.
So far, syns are 11

I started SW September 2018 and it has been an inconsistent ride the whole way - had expected to have lost so much more than I have. My biggest loss so far has been 3.5 lbs and that is me on full throttle. Ironically 3.5 lbs has been my biggest gain too, that was 5 weeks ago and since then have had a loss every week and that has never been the case. I am like you after WI, if I have prepared something for after class then I am fine, but generally on my way home I end up getting a take away as class does not finish to after 8pm. My mentality is it's the end of the week and I deserve it lol I so wish I could change my alcohol to Vodka or Gin, but I am a wine drinker and that I realise is my downfall!!! 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

I started SW September 2018 and it has been an inconsistent ride the whole way - had expected to have lost so much more than I have. My biggest loss so far has been 3.5 lbs and that is me on full throttle. Ironically 3.5 lbs has been my biggest gain too, that was 5 weeks ago and since then have had a loss every week and that has never been the case. I am like you after WI, if I have prepared something for after class then I am fine, but generally on my way home I end up getting a take away as class does not finish to after 8pm. My mentality is it's the end of the week and I deserve it lol I so wish I could change my alcohol to Vodka or Gin, but I am a wine drinker and that I realise is my downfall!!! 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷
You're still fighting it, so you're still a winner. I always have small losses too. My average is 1.4lbs a week. Ok, not small really but not major. For me the most important thing is to not give up on it. The weight loss, I see as a bonus.
As far as I'm concerned there are only two directions - forwards or backwards and I certainly don't want to go backwards.

I can see from your profile that you are down 2 stone. That's nothing to sniff at. That's actually a great achievement and you are doing it your way. I've a lot more to lose than you, in fact I lost 1.5 stone in the 6 weeks before slimming world so I'm down over 6.5 stone since July 2018. I have another 3 stone to lose but that will still leave me with 'obese'. Meh, Im not interested in one researcher's titling system. I'm doing me.
Keep fighting. I think you're doing great.
Don't worry about the gin. If you don't like it, forget it. Have your wine and before you do, write your plan for the next day.

Good luck and keep in touch x

You're still fighting it, so you're still a winner. I always have small losses too. My average is 1.4lbs a week. Ok, not small really but not major. For me the most important thing is to not give up on it. The weight loss, I see as a bonus.
As far as I'm concerned there are only two directions - forwards or backwards and I certainly don't want to go backwards.

I can see from your profile that you are down 2 stone. That's nothing to sniff at. That's actually a great achievement and you are doing it your way. I've a lot more to lose than you, in fact I lost 1.5 stone in the 6 weeks before slimming world so I'm down over 6.5 stone since July 2018. I have another 3 stone to lose but that will still leave me with 'obese'. Meh, Im not interested in one researcher's titling system. I'm doing me.
Keep fighting. I think you're doing great.
Don't worry about the gin. If you don't like it, forget it. Have your wine and before you do, write your plan for the next day.

Good luck and keep in touch x
I am doing me now too, if I do have wine etc I now am straight back on plan the next day and have less syns etc I always where possible give myself a few days to counteract any damage before WI. I have been on SW before and only ever lasted a few months at most, go away and put the weight and more back on again. I am very proud of myself this time because I have stuck it out and am still nearly 2 stone lighter, I think I had put too much pressure on myself and was becoming pretty obsessed with the plan and becoming very despondent and quite upset when I wasn't losing, then self-sabotaging etc. Have a different approach now, am more chilled about it, have increased my activity level, have got fitter, feel so much happier about myself now, embracing what I have achieved, rather than what I haven't!!! Have bought a lot of new clothes recently, a lot more colour and am enjoying the hot weather rather than dreading it!! Even though I have set a target I would be happy to get down to nice size 12, rather than reaching my target and looking too thin and gaunt, but will review as I go along. Have a big family wedding at end of August, and just want to feel and look half decent lol I will give you a follow and perhaps we can support each other along the way.

It's all about the right mindset. I'm so much happier now too.
The fact that we have kept this up for a year should be applauded. We are rocking this. Now is our time.
I also have a wedding at the end of the August and for the first time in my life I'm not sick at the thought of it.
When is your weigh day?

It's all about the right mindset. I'm so much happier now too.
The fact that we have kept this up for a year should be applauded. We are rocking this. Now is our time.
I also have a wedding at the end of the August and for the first time in my life I'm not sick at the thought of it.
When is your weigh day?
My WI is Tuesday, have joined the Slimmer by Christmas thread on here too, will keep me motivated and focused, have targeted 1lb per week so that is 21lbs, keeping it realistic. You will look fabulous for the wedding, I for once am not dreading it either!!!

My WI is Tuesday, have joined the Slimmer by Christmas thread on here too, will keep me motivated and focused, have targeted 1lb per week so that is 21lbs, keeping it realistic. You will look fabulous for the wedding, I for once am not dreading it either!!!

That's great. You can do it and you will be delighted with yourself. My weigh in is tomorrow at 11. I'll let you know how it goes. 1lb would be lovely.

Well, I maintained this morning. Little disappointed but onwards..

That's so true and I always say that. I guess it depends. I'm gonna smash it this week. It's ok. I wasn't an angel, by any means but not horrific. Game on.

I hate when I maintain and someone says at least you did not gain, so not going to say that, but I will say I understand you are disappointed and here is to another great week for both of us!!!

Hey,

Are you ready for weigh in tomorrow? Did you have a good week?

Hey,

Are you ready for weigh in tomorrow? Did you have a good week?
Hi, how are you, hope you are well, and all been good. Not had a bad week, did go off plan a bit here and there but been fully on plan last 4 days. I really hope to get that 1lb off tomorrow, but I would be over the moon if I lost 2lbs because that would finally get me into the 11's!!! Have a hen party most of the weekend so I know will be off plan big time. Not done as much body magic as I had planned to, as not been sleeping very well and pretty sluggish but going to force myself out later to build up my steps a bit. But all in all not a bad ole week. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Hi, how are you, hope you are well, and all been good. Not had a bad week, did go off plan a bit here and there but been fully on plan last 4 days. I really hope to get that 1lb off tomorrow, but I would be over the moon if I lost 2lbs because that would finally get me into the 11's!!! Have a hen party most of the weekend so I know will be off plan big time. Not done as much body magic as I had planned to, as not been sleeping very well and pretty sluggish but going to force myself out later to build up my steps a bit. But all in all not a bad ole week. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Hey, sorry I just came across your diary. Good luck tomorrow!

Tuesday morning.

Yesterday wasn't too bad.

I recorded everything on MyFitnessPal and came to about 1600 cals. I think i amassed 16 syns.

Today:

Slim bagel, chicken, laughing cow, spinach, cucumber
coffee
1 egg
1 banana

Salad - spinach, laughing cow, chicken, strawberry, cucumber
Apple
2 eggs
5 strawberries
Kvarg
Raspberries
coffee

Butternut Squash, onion, peppers, chicken

Half a dairy milk, 2 meringue nest

Last edited:
So, going ok except for yesterday. I had a big bag of chocolate coins from Flying Tiger, a slice of fresh Swiss roll, a Tunnocks teacake, some Haribo on top of all my usual. Oh well

Had a healthy breakfast then visited my auntie all day (just home) she kept trying to feed me cake and biscuits (I'm sorry did not bring a salad with me) eventually had to succumb as was hungry as the day went on, had a sausage roll, 2 slices of apple pie and a custard bun!!! The travel back was so long ended up running in and buying a micro burger thing, but did walk some parts of the journey so hoping that has helped!!! Oh well indeed lol
Onwards we plough. It's called living. Tomorrow is a new day.

Back