More than one bar a day?

Mazd323

Hi everyone. I have just started on the bars this week and am finding it much easier than having all liquid. At the moment I am sticking to the advice and only having 1 a day. Does anybody have more than 1 a day and has it affected your loss?

My friend is doing Cambridge and she found she couldn't stick to SS or SS+ any longer. She tried a combination of 810 and 1000 and soon found her losses slowing - probably because she was eating more calories than she realised. So she now does 810 with two bars a day and one shake, soup or porridge and one small recommended meal. She is losing well and enjoying it. The crunchy bars have the same carbs as the packs, she says. The chewy bars have a bit more carb content.

I can't see how two bars a day would affect losses badly but you can only try it yourself and see how you go. Then you can make up your mind. Good luck x

Hi
I've had two bars a day for about the last month and a half...it hasn't affected my weight loss - well i'm more than happy with what i'm losing. I will keep you updated, i haven't weighed for the last three weeks as my consultant has been on hols - i'm weighing on Monday - can't wait.
Lx

Please let us know and good luck!!

If anybody else has more than one bar a day please could you let me know if it does affect your weight loss as I haven't been doing the diet long enough to know. X

I guess it's hard to answer this because even if we still have losses with two bars. we don't know if we would have lost even more with only one.
I had the same dilemma as I love the bars but not so keen on the shakes/soups. But I decided just to stick to one bar a day, the Cambridge diet was all based on academic research so I assume there's a good reason why they recommend the things they do. It would be good though if the reasons for some of the limitations were a bit clearer. I also don't understand why we're only supposed to have one teaspoonful of the water flavouring a day. There's hardly any calories/carbs etc in it so why would it matter if we have more than one, within reason x

The crunch bars have same carb content as shakes,soup & porridge so apart from the 50 cals extra per bar, Its the same.
So with 2 bars & 1 other product (140 approx) you would be having just over 500 cals which is still very low & you will lose at same rate, i'm sure. Besides having 2 bars & 1 shake etc is far better than following a different diet or even cheating. If it makes the CD work for you, I would def have 2. I have read a few on here who have 2. I wouldnt have the chewy bars (highr carb) though because they will kick you out of ketosis & make you feel hungry.(2 per day would maybe).

LOL

Well, no more than usual... oops, excuse me!! hahaha.

No, I can't say i've had that particular side-effect... thank goodness.

Lx

Back