More_Rolls' Diary...may contain nuts!

Hi everyone. I am just about to start my first diary regarding Exante and my experience of it.
I'm 32, married and have a baby girl (17 weeks old at the mo) and I started Exante last week weighing 13st7lbs. I am currently off on maternity leave so I might as well use this time to get back the figure I had when I met my hubby (around 9st7lbs).
I started life as a slim child and then around 16 I started with bulemia (right, its at this point I say that I do know that Exante says that you shouldn't do this if you have an eating disorder but I am an adult and I am allowed to make my own mind up and I haven't been sick for a while), my weight has yoyo'd but I have put on about 4 stone since I met my hubby 6 years ago. I've been getting so down about my shape and I want a change now because I am sooooo bored of being fat and wearing the same clothes day in day out (if I can be bothered to get out my pj's)
I started Exante on tuesday 1st March and will weigh in each tuesday.
My first day I had a headache but I think that was because the baby had kept us awake all night and I had just come on.
I had ordered the bumper pack of shakes and so far think they are fab. I bought about 27 soups off ebay to try and think the thai chicken was the worst thing ever to go in my mouth..luckily the rest have been nice. I also love having my chocolate shake warm, with a sweetener.
Today, 1 week in...I have lost 9lbs and I have eaten a few meaty bits and had chicken salad last night and I am still in ketosis (is that my breath or the babies nappy..I cant tell!)

Last edited:
Yay - well done

xx

It's very encouraging to read how much you've lost. I'm starting tomorrow and have 6 stone to lose. I thought I'd focus on a stone at a time as that sounds rather daunting.

Its day 8 and I think I am doing fab so far. I really cant believe I have stuck to something for this long. I love the fact that food has been taken out of the equation (although I have had a chicken salad twice). I help my hubby prepare his lunch for work and our tea. Even making a nice chicken salad took over an hour and I was soooo bored cooking etc that I realised how much time food has taken. I have never got any pleasure from cooking and see it as a chore. My hubby works from 6am until about 4pm, then we have 'tea'(I thinks southerners call it dinner..lol) and a bath. All of this revolves around our baby and so we have hardly anytime at all to think straight so not cooking for a while is helping.
I have had a few hunger pangs today (wed 9th march) and opened a tin of sardines (I buy these for the cats to have as a treat) but only ate a mouthful and had a milkshake instead...the cats can have the rest later (i'll be eating their Felix next...lol). I haven't drank much water today...stupid me. I'm not going to quit but there is something going on in my head and I cant put my finger on it.

Shiiiiit!! What have I just done??? I have just eaten 2 slices of cake, 3 pancakes and a pack of fried rice and a cup of tea! I am well cheesed of with my stupid self now. I didnt even enjoy them. Its not even as if I was hungry....something just made me do it because I felt miserable. Well, there is the answer in itself. I am going to get back onto it right now and eat nothing more 'bad' and just hope I dont mess up. :(

Last edited:
Line drawn, move on....worse things happen at sea!

Congrats on your first weeks results. I love the thread's title btw, very apt as far as I'm concerned!

As for your name, all I can think of is how much I love (I mean loved) Sayers apple pies when I'm up north!!

All the best for the next few days
xxx

Last edited:
Thanks Cookie, I felt bad yesterday but today is a new day and I'm back on it. In the grand scheme of things I had a pack of rice (prob 400 cals), 3 small pancakes (400 cals again) and 2 slices of cake....so in all including 2 shakes I had about 1700 kcals...but if I think what I was eating before I started...which was about 4000 kcal a day then I've not done too horrific. Plus, no weight gain...yet.
Wowweeee, you're doing amazing losing 41lbs so far! How does such a good weight loss feel? x

When you are on a vlcd its sometimes hard to look at the bigger picture. The fact is you've got more than enough breathing room for an extra 500 calories if you wanted. It just feels like you are eating a whole lot more because you are getting so used to eating next to nothing!! xx

Thanks Cookie, I felt bad yesterday but today is a new day and I'm back on it. In the grand scheme of things I had a pack of rice (prob 400 cals), 3 small pancakes (400 cals again) and 2 slices of cake....so in all including 2 shakes I had about 1700 kcals...but if I think what I was eating before I started...which was about 4000 kcal a day then I've not done too horrific. Plus, no weight gain...yet.
Wowweeee, you're doing amazing losing 41lbs so far! How does such a good weight loss feel? x

Congrats on get straight back on it.

Thanks-my losses are nothing compared to some of the seasoned vetrans/sages on here!! I have been far from perfect on here with numerous ups and downs - so what it does show is that even if the road is very rocky at times and you need a few breaks as long as you get back on it, it is totally doable. I love exante in that there is no way I would have managed to shift as much blubber following another diet - the results are too slow and I looses the motivation. My main prob is that I am an emotional eater and in the long run tfr doesn't deal with that...gonna have to get that sorted soon!!

Good luck with the rest of your journey :)

Right, I have completely fallen off the plan for the past few days. I have eaten everything and I am dreading weighing myself on tuesday. I am getting back on the diet tomorrow as I feel rubbish now doing it and I feel like I have let myself down completely. I need to stick to my first goal of losing 21lbs by 17th April as I want to look gorg for a family do. Onwards and downwards! x

Hey hun, I've eaten so much last 2 days too & feel awful :( I will treat tomorrow as a new day & move on. I just wanted to say your not alone on making a mistake but we can & will do this xo

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Back