'Morning After' Pill

fatpossum

Silver Member
I had to take the Morning After pill mid week (these things still happen to us grown ups :eek: ) and I am wondering if this might account for the fact that I have had terrible wind and am feeling quite low and demotivated.

When I say wind, I don't mean the kind that might cause embarrasment in social situations (if you know what I mean) but constant rumbling of wind under my ribs, around my back, in my stomach and I feel so bloated it's depressing! At this stage I wish it would 'come out' just so I could rid myself of it - I can feel it now and it's been there for days!
Anyone else experiened this?

I am hoping that it might also account for feeling awful earlier today and my subsequent 'bar binge'.

I'm no expert,& as they say anything is possible,but....
It's more likely to be the SSing I'd have thought than the moning after pill which is just a rather larger-than-normal dose of oral contraceptive .

hope it settles down regardless of cause

ps when i first read 'Bar binge' I thought..'she's got a hangover'. then iput my brain in & remembered Cd bars.I'm told that these can give people some odd tummy stuff

The LL bars made me have terrible wind and pains while i was on ss... It was so bad i had to stop them, however once i have gone onto maintainace I have them without any problems.

I would say the wind is bars not the morning after pill!

Have you been drinking the water flavourings? They do that to me.

Not had the morning after pill so can't advise on that one sorry.

Cath

Have never tried the water flavourings - I am okay with plain water - so it must be the bars.

I have had one every day since the weigh in last Monday evening. Well not entirely true; as I have confessed earlier on I ate three today during my 'bar binge' :eek:

Ahhh it's quite likely to be the bars then - they do have a warning on them that they work as a laxative .... you could be in for a fun night ;)

Cath

I'm pretty certain it will be the bars. It's very very uncomfortable isn't it? They affected me in the same way and so I quit them, not worth the suffering. Hope you are not in too much discomfort from the three bars today!

Dizzy x

I hope so Katie - I am living in fear that my little splurge will affect my weight loss when I go for my weigh in next week. A good 'clear out'might be just what I need! :D

I have resolved to drinks 5 gallons of water tomorrow (joke) and walk for miles (no joke) and then on Monday I will do a spinning class and I shall never touch a bar again. Well that's the plan anyway!!

Hi Dizzy :wave_cry:

I must say the rumblings under my rib cage right now are something else. I wish someone would stick a pin in me!

If I do suffer tonight it serves me right! ' will let you know - I might be back on the forum again about 4.00a.m. :sick0019:

Hi Dizzy :wave_cry:

I must say the rumblings under my rib cage right now are something else. I wish someone would stick a pin in me!

If I do suffer tonight it serves me right! ' will let you know - I might be back on the forum again about 4.00a.m. :sick0019:

Poor you! Here's hoping you sleep through it.

Dizzy x

I can totally relate to the feeling and I think it's the bars. I had a bit of a moment last weekend. I ran out of LL packs and in a moment of madness bought some Atkins bars to "see me through" the week. My they did see me through when I ate 6 in quick succession! Yes, that's right SIX in the space of about 3 hours. There was definately a hurricane in my flat although I didn't actually get the laxative effect!

Good luck for the night, and they will work their way out eventually!

Hope you got to sleep allright and are now officially 'wind free'!

Cath

Def the bars Chick.
Morning after may affect your mood though and may also give you stomach cramps but like period pains.

Back