Morning drunkness???

Tif

Does or did anyone in the first weeks suffer from waking up feeling like they had a skin full? Any tips or words of advice?

oh er hun....cant say i ever had!

A free hangover with no night before to look back on sucks!!! lol
Hope that doesnt happen too often! lol
xxx

Hrumph :mad::mad:

I know exactly what you mean Tif! I am on week 8, now on 1000 plan and still wake up most mornings with a fuzzy head similar to a hangover! I am doing everything I should and drinking all my water so don't know what this is all about!

Bet you its dehydration - that's the major cause of feeling rubbish with a hangover, to my knowledge.

Make sure you're getting at least the recommended amount if not MUCH more - I aim at 4 or 5 litres a day. This can also help speed your weight loss, I believe.

Well I always drink 4 litres a day and still feel rough in the morning!

Bugger.....looks like were stuck with it then!!

I used to wake up in the mornings with the worst (non) hangover in the world!

I upped my water intake by a litre and a half and don't really get that problem now xx

so 6 pints of water a day should cure it? :( I bl**dy hate water lol

Tif - six pints is only 3l (ish) - try four litres and see if you still get the same problem

Awwwww!! *turn on childish type strop*

I get this too and I usually drink about 5 litres a day!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

You are not alone.

x

Ah well - the price for thinness :) thanks for all your info girls

I've got a tip to help with the water:

Drink/sip on one 50cl bottle of room temperature water (much easier to drink than ice cold water) every hour for 10 hours.

If you do this from say 8am-6pm you will have drunk 5 litres in the day and will be finished by 6pm so you won't be up peeing all bloody night!

Give it a try for a few days- it works for me!! xx

I set reminders on my phone and in outlook so I remember to get new water every hour too

Hi all - Just a thought but I felt pretty rough in the first few weeks of doing CD as I was trying to drink 4 litres of water a day - I drink a max of 3 litres now roughly 2 litres plus tea and feel much better - Know it might sound bizarre but maybe try drinking slightly less water and see if you feel any better??

Don't forget that if you drink icy cold water you will burn a few extra calories as you body warms it up lol

The first time I did SS I used to make up a pot of herbal tea (peppermint and nettle) and stick it in the fridge.... helped me get through some of that glugging.... remembering that we gotta get the fluid down us to keep from it building up and keeping us getting a STS result ;o)

Good luck

AM x

Hi Tif,

I have been on this diet for over 6 weeks now - and I always feel dreadful in the morning!!! I thought I would be able to get up later, as I am no longer making breakfast - but I have to get up at the same time so I can adjust and sit for a while.............

Hangover is a good way of describing it!!! ha ha!

I get up, and my limbs feel heavy, and I just have to sit till I come round!! Drink water, have a ciggy (bad I know) more water, and take it slowly slowly........

I drink a min of 3 ltrs a day - have increased from 2.25ltrs a day from when I started - but nothing seems to help!! So I don't think it is tied into dehydration - it is just the way it is!!

For me, I think if this is the only side effect I am getting - then hey ho!! I can live with it!

I will let you know if it gets any better!!! ha ha! I will think of you tomorrow as I go slowly slowly!! ha ha!

Bethan x

Back