Morning sickness

Cookie_monster

Mum to two!
How do you cope with morning sickness? This is my second pregnancy and i have awful nausea all day and night. I've lost 4lbs this week so am at my 190lbs goal, just need to maintain for another 13weeks so im the same weight as with my first pregnancy. When pregnant with my son I didnt have morning sickness so is all new to me. I've heard vitamin b6 is good, has anyone tried it? And advice greatful as im living on tea/peppermint tea/toast/crackers :(

Julz + 7week bean

B6 is meant to help (so it said on the bottle). I was lucky in that I only had slight queasiness after over indulging or travelling, so I can't speak from any experience.

But I did take B6 (50mg capsules from superdrug) before I got pregnant as it has many uses. However, I did also read how high doses of B6 can also cause miscarriage (on a forum, don't know if it's true or not), so I stopped it as soon as I got my BFP.

From what I've read on here, just try to eat anything that seems to help ease your stomach. Stick to bland, straightforward food, avoid anything rich, creamy or spicy. And don't worry about your weight until you get past the nausea phase. You'll probably find it yo-yos anyway with the fluids increasing inside you.

Hope it eases soon for you.

Thank-you. I've been reading loads about b6 online, and its once you get past 100mg per day that you can have problems. 50mg is the recommended dose for MS. I've ordered some 10mg ones so im going to try 20-30mg a day. I'd quiet willingly try anything right now! :( my Multivitamins have 10mg in but of course I can only have one of those a day.

I'm counting down the days to 12weeks hoping that it will be gone then, I can be hopeful! It's been 3weeks of nausea so far and its going slooooow. Probably because i got my nausea and BFP at 3wks and 3.5wks :eek: x

Yeah I figured it was a higher dose that would cause the probs, although interesting as B6 is just water soluble so anything your body doesn't need it just flushes out (a bit like water, although too much of that (excessive amount) can do you harm too!).

I found superdrug was the only place I could find anything above 10mg. But if you're doubling up the dose possibly that'll help.

Hope it does. As I mentioned, I only had it a little and only if I'd travelled or overindulged, but to me it was quite uncomfortable, just so thankful I haven't suffered badly like some on here!

Yeah I will be getting some of those bands too! accupressure helps but I dont have all day to sit there poking my wrists lol.

I am (as of an hr ago) using the 10mg ones as apparently its better to spread them over the day. I will take 2 in the morning, 2 at lunch and my multivits which have 10mg at dinnertime. So thats 50mg total. I will let you know how I get on!

All i've managed to eat today is about 4 crackers with peanut butter (which helps the sicky feeling), an ice Lolly and a pack of s+v walkers crisps :(

My OH really wants to take me out for a meal friday night, but there's just no way if I'm still feeling like this :( Booo. XX

Hey, I'm sure I read somewhere that iron supplements can make you feel queezy...? hmm. I guess theres not much that wont do that in pregnancy lol.

I've been taking the b6 for 3 days now and i feel so much better. Most of the time I feel like I've eaten a little too much and have a bit of heartburn. I've been having small meals again without thinking much about the nausea. It's definitely helped. Yay! :) xx

Not heard of that one before! Lol. Cant stand coke :( im soooo tired! Nausea is way better now but still can only eat a few spoonful of pasta or a slice of toast at a time. I'm slowly unintentionally losing weight. I can't wait to be able to eat normally again so I can eat more healthily. How are you feeling? xx

I feel a lot better with my partner motivating me to get up and also eating meals and drinking a lot more. I am putting on pounds but I am trying to be careful healthwise, except went out the window yesterday with having a kebab and chips oops.
I am so glad that I have arranged to uni part time as it would have killed me otherwise with exhaustion and so thankful that my personal tutor is so supportive :)

I've never been pregnant but I have a lil bit of a medical background. I would suggest several small meals a day, try not to get too full or too hungry. I would keep crackers next to your bed for when you wake in the morning, eat a few before you get up and drink a lil bit of water. Also, I would try ginger :) they sell these things called preggie pops and preggie pop drops that have natural ginger in them, or you can go for ginger ale (however, the carbonation makes me feel even more nauseated but that's just me). If you are losing weight severely and can't keep anything down, I would go see a doctor, as they can prescribe you a prescription to help with the morning sickness. Make sure you stay hydrated and good luck :) hope that helps.

Hi, thanks for the tips. we cant get preggie pops in the uk. Or atleast the only place I've seen them is EBay. They have vitamin b6 in which is what makes them work. I have been taking b6 every day and its made a huge difference. I'm still slowly losing weight which is ok but I can eat, just not much at a time! XX

You can get preggie pops via Amazon although they're sold by a third party seller.

Couple of suggestions I was given with ginger -
infuse fresh ginger in a cup of hot water
get proper stem ginger biscuits (sainsburys do some nice ones in their taste the difference range)
try ginger tea (I tried ginger and lemon, must admit, I didn't like it!)

Back