Morrison's Eat Smart Pasta and Sauce

Smudger

can anyone help me out with the syn value for Morrison's Eat Smart tomato and mascapone pasta and sauce.

I can only seem to find the syns per 100g prepared, which is 0.5 I think on EE, but i'm at work I won't be able to weigh it :confused:

The pack is 110g dried weight, just wondered if anyone might have had it before and knew how many syns in the packet once its prepared :sign0009:

I think I read somewhere that it's approx 400g when cooked so 2 syns. Sounds about right I think, but would appreciate someone confirming as I'd like to know too!

Just reviving this thread to see if anyone can help.

i have three of the Eat Smart Pasta and Sauces - i have worked out the syns per 100g cooked, and they are:

Tomato and Marscapone - 0.5 syn per 100g made up
Chicken and Wine - 0.5 syn per 100g made up
Carbonara - 1 syn per 100g made up

Does anyone know how much a whole packet is 'made up' - is it 400g??

Just want to check the syns really and make sure i am not under or over counting!

xxx

Just reviving this thread to see if anyone can help.

i have three of the Eat Smart Pasta and Sauces - i have worked out the syns per 100g cooked, and they are:

Tomato and Marscapone - 0.5 syn per 100g made up
Chicken and Wine - 0.5 syn per 100g made up
Carbonara - 1 syn per 100g made up

Does anyone know how much a whole packet is 'made up' - is it 400g??

Just want to check the syns really and make sure i am not under or over counting!

xxx

Just check the instructions on the packet - the volume of water they tell you to add plus the weight of the packet is the total weight cooked. :)

Oh Erm i need help with that sum - the dried weight is 110g and the water to add is 400ml.

xx

So the whole thing weighs 400 (water) + 110 (dry mix) = 510g.

So if it's 0.5 syns per 100g it's 0.5 x 5.10 = 2.55 syns, round up to 2.5.
For the 1 syn per 100g one it's obviously 1x 5.10 = 5.1 syns, round down to 5. :)

ermintrude said:
So the whole thing weighs 400 (water) + 110 (dry mix) = 510g.

So if it's 0.5 syns per 100g it's 0.5 x 5.10 = 2.55 syns, round up to 2.5.
For the 1 syn per 100g one it's obviously 1x 5.10 = 5.1 syns, round down to 5. :)

Thanks honey xx that makes sense now and I feel silly for quizzing it haha xxx

I never knew that a ml of water weighed the same as a gram! Or is that me being silly too and the whole world already knows this? :confused:

I never knew that a ml of water weighed the same as a gram! Or is that me being silly too and the whole world already knows this? :confused:

Its the decimal system - 1 kilogram is the same as 1 litre if you're talking standard density stuff (eg solids, oils, water etc). Obviously things have slightly different densities eg oil floats on water etc, but not enough to make a difference on this scale.

It wont work when you're weighing loose things though as air gets packed in between the granules - eg coffee, flour, grains etc. So only use this as a general rule for fluids and things without air packed in such as margarines and spreads. :)

Its the decimal system - 1 kilogram is the same as 1 litre if you're talking standard density stuff (eg solids, oils, water etc). Obviously things have slightly different densities eg oil floats on water etc, but not enough to make a difference on this scale.

It wont work when you're weighing loose things though as air gets packed in between the granules - eg coffee, flour, grains etc. So only use this as a general rule for fluids and things without air packed in such as margarines and spreads. :)

Wow thanks, I feel like I have learned something new today! Is it safe to say the same principle will also work with yoghurt and mayo? I find it much easier to weigh things than measure.

Back