Most embarrassing moments

Miss_Rooster

I just wanted to start a discussion on the most embarrassing moments when it comes to weight. I thought maybe talking about these things will remind us all of why we are doing this incredible diet.

I'll start with a couple.

When my college class went on trip to a disability shop, the lady was showing us all the gadjets. There was a blow up seat for in the bath. Something you sit on, deflate so you can sit in the bath, and then inflate when you want to get out again. She said it will hold all weights..... it goes to 20 stone you know! She looked at me and said have a go. Well I knew I weighed 23 stone and went red. I said no and she kept pushing me. I almost cried. That was a horrid feeling.

When I started at Debenhams when I was 16, I was a size 28 and I remember them dishing out the uniforms... the lady bought out a size 24 and asked if anyone needed it. One girl asked what is 24? Another girl answered.. "you know its like 14, 16, 18" and this girl looked in horror. OMG! Do they make those sizes! I had to stay back and tell the lady my size quietly. Again... so horrid. :cry:

My last one (cos i could go on with these stories) was when I was in my performing arts group and we had to get the costumes. We had a budget. We all went to primark to get skirts and tops. Well Primark does an 18 - 20 as their biggest size and not a generous fit either. I couldnt fit into anything and i was so upset. I told the tutor I needed to get mine from Evans and she said id have to buy my own instead.
Just Horrid. :mad:

Now I know why I am doing this!!!!

wehn i got married we were on a tight budget and i was searching for a second hand wedding dress in an size 18. the one i got was ok, but far to netty for me, not my style at all. I look ok in the pictures, but when we renew our vows i am going dress shopping with a vengence!

I have plenty! Possibly the worst was getting wedged in a turnstile at a football match! I tried to get out before OH and DD turned round to see where I was, so I launched myself forward with such force that the lad standing inside the ticket box almost fell off his stool!

By the time I got home my hips and sides were every shade of purple you could imagine! I pretended to OH that I'd put my back out as I really struggled to pick up our DD (who was just a toddler then) for a few days.

I think he saw out of the corner of his eye but thankfully pretended he hadn't!

i have loads!!!!

my biggest one, was my cousins weddin wen i decided i cudnt go cos i was so fat its on my blog i anyone wants to read, that was awful

i have loads of times wen my weight has upset me tho, too many to even go into, pple jus dont realise how much it can upset ya

xxx

now :eek:

yeah, come on, Loops, what's up, hun?

Re the original question - I have far too many to list here but one that sticks out in my mind is when I was on a nightbus back in the 80s and was wearing a ridiculous red ra-ra skirt.

Some oik tucked my skirt up into the waistband of my sheer tights, exposing my huge white knickers and everyone went 'ugh!'

I couldn't get off that fecking bus quick enough.

The shame!

xx

One of my more horrible moments was trying to get on "AIR" at Alton Towers (my god those seats are small) and being told in the LOUDEST voice you have ever heard that I had to "get off the ride as I was too fat to fit in the seat" then this 13 year old pimply geek butt head tells me to stand to the side and he will give me a pass. So I stood to the side where everyone on the ride could have a really good look at me for ages while this kid tries not to laugh and deliberately took his time. IT was dreadful - it ruined the whole day and I was heartbroken!
I still marched to the customer service desk afterwards and complained so much I got a full refund for not only my ticket but my ex husbands too!!!
Still horrible though.
Or worse - when a group of lads came over to a bus stop I was standing at on my own and told me I was too fat to be alive and shoved me around. Until I hit one, some nice person came to help me out and they ran off.
People are so cruel - that one still stays with me to this day even though it was 8 years ago.
It does help remind you why you are doing this though - people who are naturally slim have no idea of the fears and thoughts that run through my mind all the time.
I don't know about you - but I want rid of them for good.

Laura
x

Mine was when me and my hubby went to DFS to try leather sofas and it was a really hot day. I was so big that I left a nice long 'fat thighs' sweaty mark on the sofa when I got up and desperately tried to wipe it away with my hand .... oh the shame :(

One of my more horrible moments was trying to get on "AIR" at Alton Towers (my god those seats are small) and being told in the LOUDEST voice you have ever heard that I had to "get off the ride as I was too fat to fit in the seat" then this 13 year old pimply geek butt head tells me to stand to the side and he will give me a pass. So I stood to the side where everyone on the ride could have a really good look at me for ages while this kid tries not to laugh and deliberately took his time. IT was dreadful - it ruined the whole day and I was heartbroken!
I still marched to the customer service desk afterwards and complained so much I got a full refund for not only my ticket but my ex husbands too!!!
Still horrible though.
Or worse - when a group of lads came over to a bus stop I was standing at on my own and told me I was too fat to be alive and shoved me around. Until I hit one, some nice person came to help me out and they ran off.
People are so cruel - that one still stays with me to this day even though it was 8 years ago.
It does help remind you why you are doing this though - people who are naturally slim have no idea of the fears and thoughts that run through my mind all the time.
I don't know about you - but I want rid of them for good.

Laura
x

Thats so awful! Sorry you had to go through that xx
And I agree... its the skinny people who stand there and say "oh im so fat" in front of you... maybe we should give them something to complain about and give them a fat lip! x

Thats so awful! Sorry you had to go through that xx
And I agree... its the skinny people who stand there and say "oh im so fat" in front of you... maybe we should give them something to complain about and give them a fat lip! x

Nicely said !! Lol

I have learned over the years to avoid ANY situation that might potentially cause humiliation (consequently I've spent a couple of decades as coat / bag watcher at theme parks and swimming pools :( ). However, there are always unavoidable embarrassing situations that just spring up when you least expect them ....

... one of mine was when I was having my third daughter back in 1987. I'd asked for an epidural ... the anaesthetist walked though the door, looked me up and down as if I'd just crawled out of a swamp, shook his head and simply said 'Too fat'. The midwife stood my corner and he eventually gave in and gave me an epidural after saying 'If it doesn't go in first time, I'm not trying a second' (it went in first time no problem - but didn't work anyway). It was just so humiliating to have a so-called 'professional' look at me with such a look of disgust on his face. :mad:

Oh goodness how appaulling.
I bet the beautiful baby made things better though :)

When I went for my depo jab in January the Doctor said my BMI was too big, not enough depo for my body. Both her and the Nurse tried to talk me out of the CD. Twits.

Doctors may have more medical experience that your average Joe.... but the majority have about as much compasion as a twig xxxx

i was having an arguement with a cmuch younger slimmer collegue and was in the right but losing the arguement . i walked away and was so mad i started crying ( have bad temper and this is only way to control it, broke a boys jaw once in school. my parents never forgave me ) .next morning the same girl was sing Big girls dont cry ,loudly and then said " oh yes they do ." to much hilarity . cant wait til she sees the new me after the summer

When I went for my depo jab in January the Doctor said my BMI was too big, not enough depo for my body. Both her and the Nurse tried to talk me out of the CD. Twits.

How long have you been having Depo Rooster? I ask because I had a jab in Feb weighing 13st and went through one of the worst 3 months EVER ... six weeks of constant bleeding, horrendous mood swings and insatiable hunger. I started CD again this morning weighing 15st 9lb ... a 2st 9lb gain in three months.

I looked on the internet about Depo and it said that over 70% of women experience weight gain on it ... needless to say I won't be having it again!
Just wondered what your experience has been on it.

i was having an arguement with a cmuch younger slimmer collegue and was in the right but losing the arguement . i walked away and was so mad i started crying ( have bad temper and this is only way to control it, broke a boys jaw once in school. my parents never forgave me ) .next morning the same girl was sing Big girls dont cry ,loudly and then said " oh yes they do ." to much hilarity . cant wait til she sees the new me after the summer

What a ***** ... at least you can lose the weight but she's stuck with being a nasty cow !! Good for you :)

Well I had it for about 2 years and the weight gain was 3 stone in that time.
My mood swings were terrible but didn't get any bleeding what so ever. A month and a half ago I was due for my jab and then thought to myself whether or not my hormones and anger would benefit from not having the jab and they certainly have.
The pill is just as bad apparently and the coil doesn't have a good rep either. Won't be using any of these ever again.

xxxx

Back