Most embarrassing moments

What is it about playing rugby that turns men into utter twats?

What is it about playing rugby that turns men into utter twats?

Probably the fact they have been hit in the head one too many times playing said rugby, so have reverted to their neanderthal (sp?) tendencies :D

I remeber after having my C sction with my daughter they had to call in a big bloke to move me off the operationg table and onto the bed as non of the women could lift me.

Also about 6 months after having my son I was due to be my cousins bridesmaid.
I lost loads of weight for the occasion, only to be told by my auntie in front of my cousin and all her friends that "You have got fat, you are suppose to LOSE weight after having a baby you know??"

I was more gutted because I actually had lost weight and was feeling great untill then.

My auntie hadn't seen me since before I got pregnant so I was obvoisly bigger than I was then, despite losing weight.

In fact I am just back from taking my son (nearly 6) to his "micro rugby"! I must ensure he doesn't turn into one of those "rugger" types - but I have to say he is thankfully not showing any signs of it - he said to me the other day " Mummy you're a beautiful sexy lady (!!??) and I'm not saying you're fat because that would hurt your feelings but it would be nice if you ate more healthy food and walked more instead of driving everywhere..."
What do they teach them these days, eh?

mrs pink had similiar,rugby boy dicussion in night club. i got barred for a month,friends were not impressed . it was worth it

Hey Jazz - "discussion" - I like that - hehehe hope he thinks twice before insulting anyone again!
Mrs P

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: rofl!!!! I'd like to go out on the town with you some time!

A few years ago I decided to ride my bike around the block just to check I could still ride it :)rolleyes: ) I felt embarassed, but persuaded myself that no-one really cares what I looked like.

I got half way and some lad (about 16 years old) shouted 'fat cow' and stuck a massive stick in the spokes of the front wheel. I flew over the front of the bike. I have never felt pain like that, the grazed knees were nothing compared to my pride.

What makes people think they have the right to talk to us like that.

The second most embarrassing 'weight related' nightmare was when I was pregnant. Me and hubby were so happy, it was very planned, we were married, content in good jobs, but I was 16st 10lb. We went for the 12 week scan. The midwife rolled my trousers down under my tummy and squirted the gel on. She rolled the 'scanner' over my stomach. She pressed so hard I thought I was gonna wet myself :)o ). In the end she gave us a blurry picture of our little 12 week baby and sent us home. When I got home I noticed that my psoriasis accross my bikini area had torn slightly and was bleeding. I read through my hospital notes and she had written that the scan was extremely difficult due to 'maternal build'. I was devastated.

Well my most embarrasing moment was on a plane to Menorca, I managed to do up the seat belt and was very pleased with myself

When the trolly dolly came round (skinny of course) she said can you do your seat belt up please and I said it already is but because of my over hanging jelly belly she couldnt see it. My hubby tried his best not to laugh bless him but in the end we both burst out laughing.

I've had so many, Been shouted at in the street by someone singing "who sunk the titanic, you did you did"

The times i've had scan difficult due to maternal build.

The time i had my 3rd child and just after he was born the midwife put her hand on my tummy and jiggled it and said did you gain much weight in pregnancy, so i said some and she said well we can't blame all this on baby can we while she jiggled it again!

Brave Lady. Anyone says that to me especially after hours of pain, they will go down like a large bag of King Edwards! xx

I have Psoriasis too... which has gotten better since losing weight :D

My most embarassing moment was actually when I was thin! I was a slim size 14 and went out looking for a wedding dress. The shop assistant asked what size I was and I happilly replied 14. she brought out this georgous dress and I desperatly wanted it, so off into the changing room and it wouldnt quite do up around the bust (I've always been jordan-esque) and very loudly she announced to my mother that there was no way I was a size 14, more like an 18 and that she should tell me my real size when she goes shopping with me, that way I wouldnt emabarass myself! I was mortified but I bought the dress anyway vowing I would slim into it. I unexpectedly fell pregnant and decied to postpone the wedding untill after I'd had my daughter so I went to the shop to pick up my dress. When I got it home and got it out to show my friend, it was actually a size 12! I was soo angry! Wore it anyway, after letting it out of course!
Had lots of name calling over the years, dont let myself get into situations were I may be humiliated anymore. Probably why I love the usa so much!!

Yet Again Im Back To My Darling Patients. I Said To An Old Boy, Who Was Wasting No Time Trying To Grab My Bum As I Struggled To Get Him Out Of The Bed. Your Not Not Slow In Getting Your Arms Around Me. His Reply,id Have To Have Bloody Long Arms To Get Them Around You . Charming

I know what everyone means about avoiding potential situations, every time i walk past a group of young lads i cringe waiting for them to shout something!
I work in a shop and one of the regular customers wife was heavily pregnant, so i said hows your wife has she had the baby yet? he said no but shes getting massive, almost as big as you! i just burst into tears and ran off.
Another time i went out clubbing with my mates and had a new pair of pants on i felt quite good about myself, we were going up a flight of stairs and a group of lads behind me said eurgh look at the size of that fat arse. it ruined my whole night i just wanted to curl up and die.
why do people feel they have the right to hurt others in this way, do these people know when they say such horrid things that these hurtful comments are imprinted on my mind forever?:(

Interesting thread this!

My most embarrassing moment was bumping into my cousin in a shop and she said to me "Not long to go now then Kel". She thought i was my pregnant sister who was just about to drop!! I just said "I'm Karen!" She was totally mortified and i actually felt sorry for her!!!

Also, just about to cross the road into my first ever LL class, a white van drove past me and the guy shouted out some obscenity through the window - i'm sure that was where i took my strength from for the first few weeks as when i was entering the building i promised myself that noone would ever be able to jibe me about my weight again!

Mission accomplished !

I THINK THE NEGATIVE KEEPS YOU ALOT STRONGER THAN THE POSITIVE . I COLLEGUE I WORK WITH ( AND HATE WITH A PASSION ) SAID IS IT WORTH BOTHERING LOSS WEIGHT AT YOUR AGE . 38 AND DONT LOOK A DAY OVER 30 .
IF I HAD THE ENERGY ID STEAL HER BOYFRIEND BUT MAYBE I AM A BIT OLD FOR THAT

Back