Mothers Day - Jade Goody

Slimoncemore

Wants to be slim!
Hi,

I know this is slightly off topic but I woke up this morning and as usual first thing I did was to jump on the scales and found I had lost another pound - Happy! :p

I opened my mothers Day cards and gifts from my four wonderful children and then turned on the news to find that Jade had passed away.

All I want to say is that it brought home how much I stress over the little things - last week it was because I had only lost a pound and it made me miserable all week!

Jade's mum will never receive a card from her daughter again on Mother's Day and there are two little boys who no longer have a mummy to give one too...

I'm counting my blessings today, losing weight to be fit and healthy rather than just for vanity, loving my nearest and dearest and sending my thoughts to Jade's family x

I totally agree ((Hugs))

I am extra thankful today for my children and my being their mum. Sadly I don't have a mum to buy for, or a mother in law anymore, but I do have my girls and a wonderful hubby so am grateful for that.

I really did find it additionally sad for the family and sons of Jade, to think that they had to lose her so young, and on today of all days. life really does throw some awful curve balls sometimes. :(

I thank goodness I had my cervical cancer caught in time, I was only twenty three, however my poor Grandmother who I never met died when she was only 36.
Today I spent a quite day with my Mum, pottering in the garden and hanging out the washing, she brought over her own lunch already prepared! and asked how I was doing on the diet.. she is a wonderful supportive Mum, today she said I just want you to be healthy and happy.. and whatever you loose is a positive..

So this week whatever we loose, lets celebrate it as being one step closer to us all acheiving our goal.. and there is light at the end of our dieting tunnel :)

Maheen ((Hugs)) on your battle last year,
and ((hugs)) to Sarah Lou too!

Goodness, both of you young too.. and they try and remind us that young women aren't affected...

I have breast screening annually and have had for 4 years now, my mum had breast cancer at 39 and died after another 3 battles at 59.
I had a scare a few years back but was thankfully benign and am thankful for that everyday.

Sarah Lou - how wonderful your mum sounds :) And very supportive of your diet too :D I'm sure she was counting her blessing doubly today.

Back