Motivation

@ermintrude.... Thanks for saying that I thought I was cracking up lol.
I do appreciate what you said and I understand. Gonna have a big think over the next few days and see whether I will go back next week.
I suppose I am afraid of gaining over Christmas and going back to class and facing the scales and the weighing person. Another question the person who weighs you are they allowed to discuss your weight with anyone outside class or within the class?

Absolutely NOT. That would be a massive invasion of your privacy. The consultant only ever talks about the amount of weight you've lost in class, not your starting weight, or anything else. If you don't want gains to be talked about in group - you can tell the cosultant this, and she won't mention them. She will just ask you if you have had any problems you'd like some advice on in the class. You are free to say no.

I was very nervous going into group for the 1st time, but its the best thing I've done (aside from getting married).

And don't worry about gaining over Xmas. My consultant often does a totally different type of group discussion when there has been a big event, like a long bank holiday or easter, where she just talks about coping strategies rather than going over everyones losses/gains - lets face it, most of us will gain over xmas.

Fruitybabe, I do the weighing in at my group and I would never dream of discussing what people weigh. In fact, there's so many people at my group I couldn't remember what their weights were even if I wanted to! After Xmas and new year it's normal for most people to have gains so you wouldn't be in the minority - far from it. So if that's the only thing putting you off going before Xmas, don't let it! :)

Fruitybabe;4374181 Another question the person who weighs you are they allowed to discuss your weight with anyone outside class or within the class?[/QUOTE said:
The weighing person will no doubt have gained over Christmas too.....

As for the weighing person discussing your weight.... I do the WI at my group and I absolutely would not do this. We are trusted by the consultant and have to abide by the same confidentiality they do.

In all honesty, after weighing something like 50 people, I cannot tell you at the end of the group what anyone actually weighs, nor what they lost or gained that week. We weigh, write it down, move on!

Seriously, as the consultant can't do it all, she appoints a trusted member of the group, so don't worry about that :D

@ermintrude.... Thanks for saying that I thought I was cracking up lol.
I do appreciate what you said and I understand. Gonna have a big think over the next few days and see whether I will go back next week.
I suppose I am afraid of gaining over Christmas and going back to class and facing the scales and the weighing person. Another question the person who weighs you are they allowed to discuss your weight with anyone outside class or within the class?

Consultants *expect* EVERYONE to gain over Xmas, theres usually a talk about it the week before or after, about how its expected but how to best limit it by enjoying yourself but still controlling the bits that are controllable. Everyone usually jokes about being biggest gainer or whatever. Ive only ever known one person who didnt gain while they were away and that was because she had food poisoning! :8855: Theres also usually a massive influx of new members just after Xmas/NY as half the universe decides it's time to lose the Xmas weight. Classes can get a bit overfull, then loads of them drop out a month or so down the line.

Last time I did SW (not this time) I started the week before my birthday in the full knowledge that I was going to put on and probably be heavier than when I actually started, but my reasoning was that yeah I may be heavier than when I started but if I hadn't turned up that week Id have put that weight on *anyway*, (in fact probably more as I wouldn't be controlling myself in *any* way shape or form) - BUT I also wouldn't have lost anything in the interim either. And who knows whether I'd have ever got round to turning up if I didn't do it that day. My consultant applauded my reasoning and used it as the class discussion that week, saying that was the way we should be looking at things.

Yeah and as kingleds says, nothing will be disclosed/discussed if you dont want it to be - nobody ever knows your actual weight. A loss is read out and applauded, gains are not talked about other than if its only a tiny half pound or something along the lines 'did you do anything differently this week?' - and any of this if you dont want to talk about it full stop then just let your C know and s/he will never mention it.

No reason to be afraid of gaining over Xmas. Nothing to be 'afraid' of at all, what's the worst that can happen? Fear is a funny thing, when we think about it rationally what *is* it we're afraid of? There's nothing rationally even there, nothing you can put your finger on and say "THAT is what Im afraid of". It doesnt exist. We all suffer from it but its purely irrational. What's the worse that can happen? I put some weight on. So? Thats why we're on SW, to lose weight. So I'm not in any different position to the one I started in. It's why we're all on this board - to lose weight. Anything we put on we can lose again in no time, but only if we are actually ON the plan and trying to lose.

I fully expect to gain half a stone or so over Xmas but I expect it to be gone again within a fortnight of getting back, most of it will be water anyway. Im going away for a full 2 weeks, Im taking Xmas day / NYD off entirely and having pretty much whatever I like. The rest of the days I will have healthy but tasty meals already planned out to enjoy but I will let myself have a few treats - a few glasses of wine at night, the odd choccie, piece of cheese or snack here and there - but in moderation. If I hadn't joined SW there would *be no* moderation - I would stuff my face with everything in sight and then feel sorry for myself and too ashamed to turn up to SW afterwards.

Anyway, whatever you decide is best for you. I think the best thing is that you've turned up on this board as the people and support on here are great, better than a SW group IMO x :)

Eh, sorry for War & Peace-length essay above, I tend to get carried away :rolleyes: :D

Just reading through all the replies. Thanks for the advice makes me feel better about weighing as even when I first started I was paranoid that the person weighing would discuss weights of people outside class etc...
I am going to speak to hubby and see where we are in our finances and will seriously think about starting before Christmas.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing lol, but I think it's time to stop being stuck in the past and look to the future making 2012 the year when I succeed and continue to succeed :D

You go girl...:talk017:

Yea several giant White chocolate buttons just fell into my mouth lol!

This nearly made me choke laughing.

Great thread, love reading everyone's inspiration and motivation!

Just an update for you guys :)
I have decided to go for it and join this week on Thursday when the next class near me is. I had a chat with hubby he told me to go for it as I am so fed up, I also have the voucher out of the people for free membership :D so that helps even more.
I have had a really good think and re read all the posts through this thread and I am gonna do it.
I am kakking myself tho, feel sick thinking about it and also what the consultant will think... like oh no she's back again. I want to go to the same group as friends go there, just hope I can walk through the door.
I want to say thank you to everyone who posted here for your advice and support it really has helped me. I know I am going to gain some over Christmas and we go away the week before too but am hoping to at least lose some before then to help compensate.
Wish me luck, any advice from people who went on their own would be great too :D
Onwards and downwards as they say xxx

You are doing the right thing,i have joined and rejoined many!!!!!!times and have never been judged for going back.
Good luck walk in head held high and we are always here for all the support you need.
Ann xx

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

I am kakking myself tho, feel sick thinking about it and also what the consultant will think... like oh no she's back again. I want to go to the same group as friends go there, just hope I can walk through the door.

The consultant will welcome you with open arms hun.
Well done and good luck :D What a star you are.

Thanks guys. I know I am just being silly but I can't help it lol. The consultant is lovely but it's just me over thinking as usual. Fresh start this time round I will do it stick to class whatever happens, I told hubby he has to keep me going if I feel a bit naff or whatever.
I think she will be surprised to see me last time she asked me if I was easy to do it and I thought I was but clearly not. It's not a small decision but I have nothing to lose ;) apart from some weight I hope.

Morning everyone :)
I am feeling so much better in myself today after making that decision it's good to know that I will be making steps to help myself.
I have been ill for a good few months now and I am hoping that at least getting my food and plan sorted will help and once I start losing it will have an effect on my feeling ill all the time.
Not sure if it will help but it can't make me feel any worse surely ;)

Well done, you should be so proud of yourself, you've made the hardest step of all! :happy096:

Your consultant and the rest of the group will welcome you, and definitely keep in touch on here, I find these guys better than any group! x :)

Thanks erm I am proud of myself for deciding to do it. It has been something I have been thinking about for a while now but I am just getting worse and I just needed to do it.
I know they will be supportive and happy to see me but it's still nerve wracking as I know she will ask me if I am going to do it this time. Obviously I am right now but it is what I said last time I went and I failed. I have Ben reading some of the other posts and apparently we get new packs in jan even if you join now so I think mentally this will help as it is brand new to what I ha before so a fresh new start :)
Thanks for all your kind words too :D

I'm glad you've taken that all important step forward and have decided to attend a class this week. :D

One thing hun...I'm 100% sure your SW Consultant will not think anything negative about you going back. I'll put money on it she'll be happy to see you've not given up. :0clapper:

However, you can't stop people thinking what they think...if they say it well then that's a different matter, which nobody will but that's life in general.

Remember...we're all there for the same reason and nobody...losers or gainers...are better than anybody else! You go and enjoy your class this week and get a feel of all the support from your group and keep us all updated. :bighug:

You're so right, leave the past in the past, it's been and gone.
Time to put your energy into motivating yourself for the future!
Good Luck!!

I know what you mean about not being able to stop what people think and it shouldn't bother me but it does.
That aside I am actually looking forward to it, still stressing a little about Christmas but gonna deal with it when it arrives. Any tips on how to deal with Christmas would be gratefully appreciated, I want to have a really nice one this year, first time we have been able to but don't want to go off the rails.
Again thanks for all your replies it's keeping me going :)

Back