Motivation

I'm not so sure about Christmas myself at the mo, its always a difficult one but im going to make sure i counteract some little treats with exercise even if i take my 3yr old niece for a long walk in the park (last year i think i actually went for a run on christmas day!!) but christmas aside, i defo think your new years resolution should be to stop worrying about what other people think of you. The people who care for your health and wellbeing are the only ones that matter. I went to my flamenco class last night and had to dance with a professional in front of the whole class!! did i feel like a clumsy left footed giant next to this tiny spanish woman? yes but i did it anyway!!
I guess what im trying to say is face your fears to allow change to happen. Good luck!! :)

Thanks for your reply Hannah. I know what you mean I should not worry its something I have always battled with as long as I can remember.
I am just going to enjoy Christmas and hopefully pick some tips up on here. Nerves are starting to kick in again class is thursday so not long to go.

Our Consultant showed us something last night about planning and meal suggestions for over the Christmas period. Ask when you go to class as I'm sure all classes will have the info.

Fruitybabe said:
Thanks for your reply Hannah. I know what you mean I should not worry its something I have always battled with as long as I can remember.
I am just going to enjoy Christmas and hopefully pick some tips up on here. Nerves are starting to kick in again class is thursday so not long to go.

The truth is... Most of them aren't in the slightest interested in you at all!
Most people don't look around for people to think bad things about. Most people are caught up in their own little world and you don't even register!
How do I know this? Well I'm part of 'most people' and I couldn't give a flying fig how big you are, what you're wearing, or anything else! If I do notice a big lady in the gym I think 'good for her' when I notice a skinny girl in the gym I think 'I want to do what she does to look like that'.
Most of the time I'm oblivious!

Also most of us ate stressing about what other people think!!! Imagine you're stressing about how x is thinking, x is worried how you are thinking! Well you can't change thoughts!

chances are most people are more worried about what you are thinking of them ha ha ha :p

I joined last week and im still not sure whether it was a good idea yet :p There is EVERY chance I could come back after christmas at my starting weight of 18 11 again, but if I hadnt joined up now, god knows where I'd be after christmas?

That's very true girls I know what you mean but it's just me being paranoid as always. I don't think I will ever get out of that mindset and it's probably true no one takes notice but hey ho lol :)
Class is tomorrow so nerves getting worse I am sure it won't be as be as I bad as I imagine so fingers crossed.

Good luck for class today FruityBabe!! It will be fine, superfine!!
But to be honest, you will never change your mindset if you say you wont and that its gonna be with you for life unless you change it. So no more negativity!! and the advice on this wall is right yknow....everyone is so wrapped up in themselves that they really dont care and you should be wrapped up in your fabulous self 100% devotion to getting where you want to be! :)

Thanks again guys :) I am definately going to try to be more positive as i know it has a big impact.
Starting today I need to make a plan and stick to it, planning always seems to help me it's sticking to it which is the problem.
Just over 3 hours to go now, I am nervous but looking at it from another perspective just over 3 overs to go until I take the first step to a new me and a better life :D

Good luck Fruity - I bet it'll go really well! Keep us posted on your progress. Hugs, xxx

Back