***Motivational Monday hour by hour***

Well I just weighed myself, weigh in tonight at 6.30pm. I'm 1lb up on last week, not impressed!! This morning I was 1.3lbs down, and in the space of a couple of hours I've gone up 2.3lbs, and I'm probably just going to go up more between now and tonight. Don't know what's happened this week!

Morning All ! Well afternoon now !

I m off to the post office with some ebay parcels, not uber exciting!
Will be back to work next Friday and looking forward to going back (My back is healing now - I will have been off for 4 weeks - sheesh !) Hoping to get to the 28lbs mark by next Thurs, 2 more weigh in's so need the luck !

Getting a bit bored with CD but have to stay FOCUSED !!!! Just missing the general feeling of eating if you know what I mean - it's all in my head !

Have a good day everyone !

Hey guys,

WELL DONE to everyone, this diet is so easy on good days and almost torture on bad days for those emotional eaters. I used to find Friday nights the worst and crave allsorts... its all in my head.

Be it day one or day 100 well done for sticking with it. Lets have a fab day, evening and week.

Caroline g, Don't get disheartened... you are bound to have lost and if not then next week will be an uber drop... BRING IT ON!

Well I'm not having my WI today anyway, as I now can't get there. Went to go swimming earlier and my temperature gauge went crazy along the way so turned around and came back. I recently replaced my radiator hoping that would fix everything, but it seems there was more wrong than I thought. I now need a new water pump and cam belt and can't really use the car until I sort that, especially as it's a Rover and the headgasket is a ticking time bomb. But there's no way that I can afford the £200+ to fix that at the moment, not without a job. But then I basically live in a field, so can't get a job without my car. And I certainly can't get to university. It's not really worth spending that kind of money fixing a car that needs replacing anyway, but again, no chance of affording a replacement!

I could cry. Or scream. Or both.

Oooh thats awful .... I am feeling your torment.

Do you have enough packs? can your CDC post them to you if you send a cheque? You are doing so well it would be a pity to have this set back.

At least you'll get the exercise in not having a car - there's always a silver lining!

I had a rover and the head gasket went, i used to carry a big bottle of water with me just incase x

Hi all,

Sorry - haven't read through everyone's posts yet as I'm in a bit of a state but will have a read through later.

My DH sent me an email (yes an email!!) earlier to say that he wanted to "talk". He never wants to talk and any heart to hearts are always instigated by me and just tolerated by him so it freaked me out. He won't pick up the phone (he's at work) and when I emailed him back to ask what he wanted to talk about he said "our sham of a marriage".

I am panicking at the moment as it's come completely out of the blue. Yesterday he suggested that we sell both our cars and just have one car - and now he wants to separate (OK I know I'm making assumptions here, but from the few emails he sent it certainly seems that way).

I'm so angry as well because I'm going out with the girls tonight and he wants to talk before I go! When I said it wasn't a good time and it could wait until another day he got even more upset.

I have no idea how to handle this! We have 2 young children and loads of debt - I can't even see how we could afford to have 2 separate households in this economical climate! Renting in our area is really expensive and I don't want to relocate because of school.

I know I'm running away with thoughts of divorce etc, but I feel I need to prepare for the worst. I could so do with some dutch courage now, but will have to do with a cup of tea :(

At least I'll be a slim divorcee rather than a fat one...silver linings and all that :sigh:

Sorry about the depressing post but I can't phone anyone as I don't want to cry in front of the children and I know just hearing a friend's voice right now would set me off.

I have some packs, I don't know how many. I don't really know what to do about the diet stuff. To be honest, without a car I'm not going to be able to carry it on anyway as I won't be able to get to her. I live at least 7 miles from anything. 7 miles from the supermarket, a pharmacy, a bank or a shop that isn't the post office, londis or a chinese takeaway. My bus service is terrible. So I don't really know what I'd do without my car. Well, not a lot I suppose! To be honest, with how I've been feeling lately, this is the last thing I need.

Oh no Alli, maybe it's not what you think. Maybe he wants to talk because he wants to make things better, not finish things. Try and stay positive, I'm sure you guys will work things out. I hope you do!! xx

Alli,
Sounds like you have worked yourself up into a right old state. Perhaps with good reason, perhaps not.... try to stay calm and breathe.... try hearing what he has to say and telling him what a shock this news is then formulate your own response so its less emotive.... he knows what he is going to say.... you need time to formulate a response.... breathe

Thanks Caroline - I see you are having a tough time at the moment as well! Don't give up on the diet. If you can't afford the CD packs maybe you could just follow the 1000 plan adding more fruit and veg instead of the packs to make it more like 1300 cals per day? Then you could start up CD again once you are able to.

I know I'm jumping to conclusions, but I know him very well and he wouldn't need a "talk" if things were a bit off (which I don't think they have been) - If he wants to talk it will be something big. My greatest fear is that he has met someone else. Still I'll just have to wait and see. Either way I'm not cancelling my night out. I need it even more now :(

caroline, thats awful... if you leave us we'll miss you.

Alli of course you need a night out with the girls and I hope there is plenty of eyecandy to help take your mind off things lol

Remember you don't need to respond to anything tonight!

Well I'm sure that you can work it out Alli, I really hope that you can!

I'll be doing all I can to keep on with the diet. Even if it means asking my Dad to take me and wait outside and going say every 2 weeks. Or moving up yet another plan, which I don't really want to do. I can't sabotage everything now! I have too many goals in my head, too many things I need to work towards. I'm sick and tired of being this way, and I refuse to stay this size.

Alli of course you need a night out with the girls and I hope there is plenty of eyecandy to help take your mind off things lol

Remember you don't need to respond to anything tonight!

Thanks Amm - You are right! Normally I'd jump in with both feet and get defensive, but I'll listen to what he has to say and then go out. Thanks for the great advice (I feel a bit better now I have a "plan"..:eek:

Maybe even wait and talk to him tomorrow so that you can just enjoy your night out?

Back