Mousse Maker saved my diet!

Cathy

Silver Member
Hi,
I swapped from LT to CD on Wed 3rd March.
I just needed more flavours and was dying to try the mousse and porridge.
My CDC,Marie, is great and lives just around the corner too :jelous:

I have to say, the Mousse Maker has been a complete revelation and will keep me on track, as I love being able to eat it slowly with a spoon.
I'm loving all the flavours, both the shakes and the soups, plus it's nice to have porridge for breakfast.
It's so much nicer than LT was, and doesn't cost any more.
Hoping for a good loss on my first WI on Wednesday night :fingerscrossed:
I've already got my Mum of Bride outfit and I need to lose the weight to fit into it! :love047:

I am a LT deserter too and I cannot believe how lovely all the CD things are .. the bars are amazing , i dont know how LT could produce such foul tasting things are dare to call them flap jacks !!!
welcome to CD .. the only problem I have now is resisting eating mo0re than 3 packs !!!! and I too love the mousse :)

I've lost my Mix a Mousse, I bought some on my last weigh in, and I have no idea where it's gone!! I've lost it boo, need some more, but don't get weighed til Weds. Want some now!!! Waaaahh!

I have TRIED and TRIED with the MAM and I can't do it, all of my mousses taste like yucky lumpy messes. Which is such a shame as I LOVE mousse. Can someone just tell me when it's done properly what does it taste like? I really like the Cadbury light mousse's - is it as light and fluffy as that? If it then I'm really upset :(

Its not quite like that but it is nice. I use fizzy water to make it more bubbly. I think the secret is to mix the MAM with the shake before adding the water. I have an old water flavourings tub where I tip the powders into, then put the lid back on and shake and shake!

I really struggled and gagged over many lumpy mousses .. until i read the recipe sticky thread above and it has the way to make the perfect mousse and it lovely , very much like angel delight , and if you whip it after blending it makes it fluffyer ...

The Perfect Mousse

Ingredients :
1 VLCD Shake Pack
1 Scoop Mix-A-Mousse
150 mls water
Utensils :
Good quality hand blender (Recommended 600 watt)
Spoon
Pyrex Jug
Method :
1. Assemble the ingredients and utensils.
resserver.php

2. Put 150mls of water into the Pyrex Jug and put into the freezer compartment for 15 to 20 minutes. Take out the water as soon as crystals start to form on the surface.
resserver.php

3. Remove from freezer and pour the shake pack onto the surface of the water.
resserver.php

4. Without stirring pour the scoop of Mix-A-Mousse onto the top of the shake pack.
resserver.php

5. Put a high quality hand blender (500 watts or more recommended) into the mixture and blend for 60 seconds.
resserver.php

6. Pull out the blender and scrape the remaining powder and mixture back into the mixture with a spoon and blend for a further 15 seconds.
resserver.php

7. Return the pyrex jug to the freezer compartment for 10 minutes (you can leave for longer if you want a more ice cream texture).
resserver.php

8. You will know it is set if you can turn it upside down and it doesn't land on your feet :)
resserver.php

9. If you look up into the pyrex jug you will see bubbles on the surface and no sign of any gelatin lumps.
resserver.php

10. Enjoy!! :)
Please note that a cheap blender will not mix it well enough and will leave lumps in it which are very grim!!!

Good news, I found my MAM, it was hiding inside a mug in the cupboard!!! Just had my favourite tiramisu mousse, yum yum.

1 Vanilla shake
1/2tsp coffee mixed with tiny bit of boiling water
250mls ice cold water
1 Scoop MAM

Mix shake powder and MAM together.
Add coffee to icey water
Add shake/MAM to icey water and whisk for about 2 mins.
Put in fridge - eat nom nom

You might have to adjust the coffee to taste, I don't like it too coffeey (lol made up word) but if you don't put enough coffee in it just tastes like butterscotch for some reason. But it's so nice!!

Back