Mousse my tetra

Peridot

Peridot
Any tips on how you turn a tetra into a mousse? I tried last night and it went sort of lumpy. Shame as it had the potential to be quite nice. Mind you, I was probably too ambitious as I haven't yet made a decent mousse out of a shake - it never really gets thick, more like a runny custard, is that right?

Thanks!

My mousse from a shake comes out beautifully.

Make sure that your water is cold - out of the fridge cold.

Mix the two powders together in the shake packet first.

Then put the water into the bowl and add the powder and whizz.

I don't add quite as much water to the shake as I would do normally but do remember to increase your water intake if you do that.

Haven't tried making it with a tetra but I should think that it won't work.

For mousse from a shake I use 40mls water, hand blend it, then leave it for about 3-5 mins to firm up.

150 mls of water... then add the tetra pack (DONT STIR YET) then add a scoop of the mixamousse stuff.... then power mix it with a hand blender.
Pop it in the freezer for 15-20 mins abd you will have a perfect mousse. Make sure the water is mega cold as well

Get Tetra really cold you do not need to add water as it is already 200ml, 50ml more that the water you add to a powder.

Keep blending until lumps have gone. Pop into fridge in one or two dishes as this can be saved for later in the day as you are using premade product which does not have the 15mins eat rule.

The tetra takes a little longer to set as you are using 200ml of liquid per scoop of mousse mix.

With the banana you can add a little grated nutmeg, (wait until after 2 weeks and in ketosis), and it tastes like egg custard tart.

For more texture grate a little of your bar, from your daily allowance on the top of the mousse and enjoy.

Linda

I need remedial mix a mousse - even with a pack not a tetra. I've been following the instructions but although I put it in the freezer for 15 mins after I've mixed it, it never thickens up beyond the consistency of floppy custard. What am I doing wrong please?

for mine, 1 level blue scoop of mix a mousse in a dry food mixer, add the shake sachet and mix well.
add 150ml of extremly cold water and mix well.
pour into a cold bowl then into the fridge/freezer

Back