Mousse my tetra

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Peridot, 16 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Peridot

Peridot Peridot

Any tips on how you turn a tetra into a mousse? I tried last night and it went sort of lumpy. Shame as it had the potential to be quite nice. Mind you, I was probably too ambitious as I haven't yet made a decent mousse out of a shake - it never really gets thick, more like a runny custard, is that right?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I can only comment on the mousse out of a shake question - use a little less water and it should go thicker. I had my first one yesterday. MMMMMM yum. And I'm about to have my first one of today

4. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    My mousse from a shake comes out beautifully.

Make sure that your water is cold - out of the fridge cold.

Mix the two powders together in the shake packet first.

Then put the water into the bowl and add the powder and whizz.

I don't add quite as much water to the shake as I would do normally but do remember to increase your water intake if you do that.

Haven't tried making it with a tetra but I should think that it won't work.

5. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    For mousse from a shake I use 40mls water, hand blend it, then leave it for about 3-5 mins to firm up.

6. jhooker

jhooker Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Sole Source
    150 mls of water... then add the tetra pack (DONT STIR YET) then add a scoop of the mixamousse stuff.... then power mix it with a hand blender.
    Pop it in the freezer for 15-20 mins abd you will have a perfect mousse. Make sure the water is mega cold as well

7. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Get Tetra really cold you do not need to add water as it is already 200ml, 50ml more that the water you add to a powder.

Keep blending until lumps have gone. Pop into fridge in one or two dishes as this can be saved for later in the day as you are using premade product which does not have the 15mins eat rule.

The tetra takes a little longer to set as you are using 200ml of liquid per scoop of mousse mix.

With the banana you can add a little grated nutmeg, (wait until after 2 weeks and in ketosis), and it tastes like egg custard tart.

For more texture grate a little of your bar, from your daily allowance on the top of the mousse and enjoy.

Linda

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Linda, I'm drooling .... and I'll have to wait two weeks to try this now!! Oh the pain (I think I'm near the end of my carb store - roll on ketosis)

9. Peridot

Peridot Peridot

I need remedial mix a mousse - even with a pack not a tetra. I've been following the instructions but although I put it in the freezer for 15 mins after I've mixed it, it never thickens up beyond the consistency of floppy custard. What am I doing wrong please?

10. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    for mine, 1 level blue scoop of mix a mousse in a dry food mixer, add the shake sachet and mix well.
    add 150ml of extremly cold water and mix well.
    pour into a cold bowl then into the fridge/freezer

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.