move to SS+?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Izzycat, 19 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Izzycat

Izzycat Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(19.91%)
    Diet:
    CD SS and SS+
    Hi

i have just returned from my week 10 WI, and although i am over the moon that i am in total 37lbs lighter, i only managed to shift 1lb this week.:confused:

i have stuck to SS (with a little bit of milk in my tea/coffee) for the whole 10 weeks - NO wobbles what so ever, and i have been to the loo today too!!!

my CDC is pretty confused too, and asked if i was pregnant!!! 100% not, but i have skipped a TOTM - so could be that.

she has suggested I increase to SS+ 200 calorie meal or 4 shakes when i am away and will struggle to cook a meal.

after 10 weeks on SS, i have to admit to being nervous about eating, anyone else felt this way?

if i do, does anyone have any recipe tips for the food allowed?

thanks

Tracy

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Tracy..
    I can understand your concerns as I felt exactly the same I had my break week this week and I was so nervous about it but its actually fine.. i have eaten cottage cheese and cucumber 3 nights and chicken cucumber and lettuce the other nights...... I really was worried about it but once you do it its fine...
    You just have to be prepared and have the things you want to eat at home..
    I have my wi tomorrow not sure how much I will lose on it but have been very strict and only had what I am allowed.
    Good luck hon x

4. Lin18

Lin18 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(40.16%)
    Diet:
    CD
    You could be retaining water with the tom thing, but if you really dont want to eat and give it another week then you could carry on ssing, i was nervous about eating, but i still had a good loss that week so cant complain, must say it did make me slightly hungry that week.

5. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    You don't need to worry about this (I'm surprised your CDC is, too) as we are all so different! My CDC had a lady on SS 100% who lost one pound one week, one pound the next, and then nine pounds the next!! If I were you, I would have stuck to my 12 weeks on SS, and then just started SS+ after that - but it's whatever you're happy with. :)

I was VERY nervous about changing to SS+ (which I did last week) because food is my problem - if it's there I eat it! I'm trying really hard, but I actually put on 1┬Żlbs in my first SS+ week - which my CDC says is quite normal as the body tries to sort itself out (sudden onslaught of food!). I've posted elsewhere about this, but in a nutshell I'm using a 'dry fry' pan and a steamer to cook my food, and using 'Salad Light' spray with my salads.

Because of my weight gain, my CDC told me to stop bars (I'm only having one a week now) and to stop nibbling my hubby's dinners! :eek: (Yes, I was guilty....)

As I posted elsewhere today, just because the foods are allowed doesn't mean we can eat them as we like - the 200 calorie means just that! :sigh:

6. no mercy

no mercy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(13.81%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet followed by slimming world
    this is the part i am dreading - although have done cd before obviously maintaining hasnt been my strong point or i wouldnt be back here... or at least not to the extent I am. Im only on week 3 this time, but my plan this time is that on week 8 go on to ss+ as on week 10 I go on holiday so want to be able to eat on holiday... and then to be honest - im afraid Im going to abandon CD for the likes of slimming world... I can handle losing the last amount slowly but CD works great as a kick start! :)

7. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey
    Just to say I did my first week on ss+ and got weighed today and still lost 2 1/2 pounds some weeks on ss I lost 2 lbs so it hasnt made any difference. Dont be scared.. even if you dont lose it the first week it will come of the next I think from now I am going to carry on, on ss+.
    Good luck xx

8. Izzycat

Izzycat Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(19.91%)
    Diet:
    CD SS and SS+
    Hi all

thanks for your replies.

i decided to add a meal - one of the reasons is that i have been so tired, struggling to stay awake past 8pm!

so i had a chicken breast with herbs wrapped in foil baked for 22 minutes, with some watercress, cucumber, radish and celery. now having a coffee, as my tummy is feeling quite weird - but it has been 70 days since its had anything other than CD stuff in it - so i am not surprised by this!

i decided to eat by myself this time (OH gets home at 6.45pm) as although i know he has missed sitting down for a meal with me, i didnt want him looking at my 1st meal asking what i thought etc. plus i have to go to Tai Chi tonight for 7, and it would have been an awful rush, so its given my dinner the time to settle - a good excuse i think!

i am away this weekend, so i have also bought extra shakes, so i will flit between 4 shakes and milk to 3 shakes and a 200 cal meal.

another plus is that my CDC thinks that this may help my bowels, and i need all the help i can get on that one!!!

anyway, thanks for sharing, and i'm up for any recipe sharing.

Tracy x

9. Izzycat

Izzycat Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(19.91%)
    Diet:
    CD SS and SS+
    cucumber and celery repeating on me a bit!!!!

think i and my fellow tai chi'ers are in for a fun night! lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.