move to SS+?

Izzycat

Hi

i have just returned from my week 10 WI, and although i am over the moon that i am in total 37lbs lighter, i only managed to shift 1lb this week.:confused:

i have stuck to SS (with a little bit of milk in my tea/coffee) for the whole 10 weeks - NO wobbles what so ever, and i have been to the loo today too!!!

my CDC is pretty confused too, and asked if i was pregnant!!! 100% not, but i have skipped a TOTM - so could be that.

she has suggested I increase to SS+ 200 calorie meal or 4 shakes when i am away and will struggle to cook a meal.

after 10 weeks on SS, i have to admit to being nervous about eating, anyone else felt this way?

if i do, does anyone have any recipe tips for the food allowed?

thanks

Tracy

Tracy..
I can understand your concerns as I felt exactly the same I had my break week this week and I was so nervous about it but its actually fine.. i have eaten cottage cheese and cucumber 3 nights and chicken cucumber and lettuce the other nights...... I really was worried about it but once you do it its fine...
You just have to be prepared and have the things you want to eat at home..
I have my wi tomorrow not sure how much I will lose on it but have been very strict and only had what I am allowed.
Good luck hon x

You could be retaining water with the tom thing, but if you really dont want to eat and give it another week then you could carry on ssing, i was nervous about eating, but i still had a good loss that week so cant complain, must say it did make me slightly hungry that week.

You don't need to worry about this (I'm surprised your CDC is, too) as we are all so different! My CDC had a lady on SS 100% who lost one pound one week, one pound the next, and then nine pounds the next!! If I were you, I would have stuck to my 12 weeks on SS, and then just started SS+ after that - but it's whatever you're happy with. :)

I was VERY nervous about changing to SS+ (which I did last week) because food is my problem - if it's there I eat it! I'm trying really hard, but I actually put on 1½lbs in my first SS+ week - which my CDC says is quite normal as the body tries to sort itself out (sudden onslaught of food!). I've posted elsewhere about this, but in a nutshell I'm using a 'dry fry' pan and a steamer to cook my food, and using 'Salad Light' spray with my salads.

Because of my weight gain, my CDC told me to stop bars (I'm only having one a week now) and to stop nibbling my hubby's dinners! :eek: (Yes, I was guilty....)

As I posted elsewhere today, just because the foods are allowed doesn't mean we can eat them as we like - the 200 calorie means just that! :sigh:

this is the part i am dreading - although have done cd before obviously maintaining hasnt been my strong point or i wouldnt be back here... or at least not to the extent I am. Im only on week 3 this time, but my plan this time is that on week 8 go on to ss+ as on week 10 I go on holiday so want to be able to eat on holiday... and then to be honest - im afraid Im going to abandon CD for the likes of slimming world... I can handle losing the last amount slowly but CD works great as a kick start! :)

Hey
Just to say I did my first week on ss+ and got weighed today and still lost 2 1/2 pounds some weeks on ss I lost 2 lbs so it hasnt made any difference. Dont be scared.. even if you dont lose it the first week it will come of the next I think from now I am going to carry on, on ss+.
Good luck xx

Hi all

thanks for your replies.

i decided to add a meal - one of the reasons is that i have been so tired, struggling to stay awake past 8pm!

so i had a chicken breast with herbs wrapped in foil baked for 22 minutes, with some watercress, cucumber, radish and celery. now having a coffee, as my tummy is feeling quite weird - but it has been 70 days since its had anything other than CD stuff in it - so i am not surprised by this!

i decided to eat by myself this time (OH gets home at 6.45pm) as although i know he has missed sitting down for a meal with me, i didnt want him looking at my 1st meal asking what i thought etc. plus i have to go to Tai Chi tonight for 7, and it would have been an awful rush, so its given my dinner the time to settle - a good excuse i think!

i am away this weekend, so i have also bought extra shakes, so i will flit between 4 shakes and milk to 3 shakes and a 200 cal meal.

another plus is that my CDC thinks that this may help my bowels, and i need all the help i can get on that one!!!

anyway, thanks for sharing, and i'm up for any recipe sharing.

Tracy x

cucumber and celery repeating on me a bit!!!!

think i and my fellow tai chi'ers are in for a fun night! lol

Back