Moved away from home and gained weight, time to lose it!

alyrose

Hello all,

I'll tell you a little bit about my background. I've always been quite chubby since I was a child, I reached my heaviest at 12st 4lb when I was around 18 years old. I hated how I looked and I just met my boyfriend (who I've now been with for 2.5 years) and felt ashamed and embarassed about my size. I started taking Dianette for my acne soon after meeting him after my mum's friend recommended it and it worked wonders, but not only for my skin. I had no appetitie for about 6 months so lost a lot of weight. I ate much much less but also started to intake better, low fat and low calorie food by following WW books my mum had. The weight dropped off and I reached 10st 7lb! I'm very proud of my weight loss and managed to keep it off through WW also for about a year. I think my body adjusted to Dianette after those 6 months as I began to eat normal again. I'm still on it but hoping to change to Yasmin in a month or so as it's not got as many risks.

In my third year of University I was offered a year long placement in business and I snapped up this opportunity as it would be great for my career and I could live with my boyfriend as it was closer to his University. I moved away from home in July 2012 (Aberdeen to Preston!) and my eating habits have not been great. There's so many take outs here because it's such a student focused town, we have a corner shop literally on the other side of the pavement and I'm out the house 12 hours a day (4 hours commuting). I have breakfast at 7am and don't have dinner 'til 8pm so there's lots of snacking while at work! I can blame all these factors as much as I want but the main one is my self control and motivation. It's gone seriously downhill. I've gained 1 full stone while being here.

I move back home in 6 weeks after I finish my internship and I know that will help with weight loss but I want to lose some while I'm here so I don't have as far to go when I get back. And I don't want to waste these 6 weeks by gaining even more weight when I could be losing some! I was shocked by the 11st 7lbs that appeared on my scales this morning. Good riddance!

Hello all,

I'll tell you a little bit about my background. I've always been quite chubby since I was a child, I reached my heaviest at 12st 4lb when I was around 18 years old. I hated how I looked and I just met my boyfriend (who I've now been with for 2.5 years) and felt ashamed and embarassed about my size. I started taking Dianette for my acne soon after meeting him after my mum's friend recommended it and it worked wonders, but not only for my skin. I had no appetitie for about 6 months so lost a lot of weight. I ate much much less but also started to intake better, low fat and low calorie food by following WW books my mum had. The weight dropped off and I reached 10st 7lb! I'm very proud of my weight loss and managed to keep it off through WW also for about a year. I think my body adjusted to Dianette after those 6 months as I began to eat normal again. I'm still on it but hoping to change to Yasmin in a month or so as it's not got as many risks.

In my third year of University I was offered a year long placement in business and I snapped up this opportunity as it would be great for my career and I could live with my boyfriend as it was closer to his University. I moved away from home in July 2012 (Aberdeen to Preston!) and my eating habits have not been great. There's so many take outs here because it's such a student focused town, we have a corner shop literally on the other side of the pavement and I'm out the house 12 hours a day (4 hours commuting). I have breakfast at 7am and don't have dinner 'til 8pm so there's lots of snacking while at work! I can blame all these factors as much as I want but the main one is my self control and motivation. It's gone seriously downhill. I've gained 1 full stone while being here.

I move back home in 6 weeks after I finish my internship and I know that will help with weight loss but I want to lose some while I'm here so I don't have as far to go when I get back. And I don't want to waste these 6 weeks by gaining even more weight when I could be losing some! I was shocked by the 11st 7lbs that appeared on my scales this morning. Good riddance!

Hi alyrose :) just subscribing and want to wish you luck. You can do it x

Hello all,

Hello Sweetie :) Well Done for taking your first step and writing on here, I also took Dianette about 7 Years ago but had some major problems whilst on it so I went onto something different, hope you can go onto Yasmin soon as its a much safer one to take. X

Thanks to both of you :)

Dianette has been great for me - clear skin, weight loss and I can use it as a contraceptive. It's been a miracle pill so far but I know I can't stay on it because of the dangers. I've done a bit of research and it sounds like Yasmin is a great one to switch too.

Also, I will be continuing to use the 1, 2, 3, Success! system rather than the new one. I have a limit of around 22 points on weekdays (I do a lot of walking!) then 20 on weekends when I don't do exercise.

Yesterdays food diary:

Breakfast: weetabix & orange juice (4pts)
Snack: Alpen light bar & a yoghurt drink (2pts)
Lunch: Soup & ham sandwich (4pts)
Snack: Alpen & yoghurt again (2pts) and another ham sandwich (3pts)
Dinner: A small portion of homemade curry (4pts) & WW naan bread (2pts)
Dessert: 4 teeny tiny low fat cupcakes (2pts)

A total of 20 points! A good start :)

I tried out the low fat sponge cake receipe I posted yesterday in cupcake form and it worked really well! At only 1/2 pt each it's great! All you need is egg, flour and sugar :D

Today so far:

Breakfast: Weetabix & orange juice (4pts)
Snack: Cupcake & Graze box (3.5pts)
Lunch: Ham sandwich (3pts)

Graze boxes are good however some of the food you get is much more calorific than you might think! I'll be giving those ones to my bf or sharing.

Today so far:

Breakfast: Weetabix & orange juice (4pts)
Snack: Cupcake & Graze box (3.5pts)
Lunch: Ham sandwich (3pts)

Graze boxes are good however some of the food you get is much more calorific than you might think! I'll be giving those ones to my bf or sharing.

Hey love, foods looking good :) I know what you mean about graze boxes-think you are being healthy but when you read the nutritional value could have had choc or crisps!x

It's all the nuts and chocolate buttons they put in there that make the points values soar! Shame, because they're really yummy! I've got another one with me today for my afternoon snack and its only 1.5 pts so much better :)

Good luck with your weight loss journey! Just a point to add- how come you are only eating 20 points? WW recommend at least 26pp as otherwise you are eating too little. I don't want you to faint or anything!

As said in a previous post, I am not following the new ProPoints system I am following the old 1, 2, 3, Success! system as I found it has worked best for me in the past and I know the points of so many things just off the top of my head :)

Yesterday went really well and I stuck within my points. I had a similar snack to my first day and enjoyed a breaded fish dinner with veg!

Today so far:

Snack: Jelly tots (2pts) & 2 low-fat cupcakes (1pt)
Lunch: PB sandwich (thinly spread!) & a yoghurt (5pts)

Slipped up a little today as I've been craving chocolate since I woke up but opted for a slightly lower point option than the 9pt chocolate buttons I wanted and had chocolate that was 6pts. I went for a walk during my lunch break and will make sure I don't over eat during the rest of the day to try and balance it out a bit.

It's important not to beat yourself up when this happens, but it is important to pick yourself up and get back on the wagon! :D

Does anyone else find the 2nd or 3rd day the hardest?? But once you have passed that bridge, it's a bit easier?

The snacks I have with me at work this afternoon are an apple, low fat yoghurt and a jam sandwich. All adds up to 4pts.

We hare having chicken & veg tonight so nothing fatty or overly high in points :)

Does anyone else find the 2nd or 3rd day the hardest?? But once you have passed that bridge, it's a bit easier?

I found the 1st week hard, but now getting used to weighing food and thinking differently about it I.e do I really want it before just shoving it in mouth ;) You are doing so well and have the best attitude which I'm sure will show at your WI. Keep it up love x

In the past I used to feel guilty and beat myself up about eating bad which in turn would make me want to eat bad things and the cycle would continue. I need to have a better attitude towards food! Hope so weigh in on Wednesday - can't wait! :)

As said in a previous post, I am not following the new ProPoints system I am following the old 1, 2, 3, Success! system as I found it has worked best for me in the past and I know the points of so many things just off the top of my head :)

Yesterday went really well and I stuck within my points. I had a similar snack to my first day and enjoyed a breaded fish dinner with veg!

Today so far:

Snack: Jelly tots (2pts) & 2 low-fat cupcakes (1pt)
Lunch: PB sandwich (thinly spread!) & a yoghurt (5pts)

Oh okay, I'd not heard of that before!

Yes it's important to pick yourself up after a slip up but sounds like you're doing great anyway :)

Hey Sweetie, Sounds as though you're doing a fab job so far with the 123 Plan, How are you finding it a few more days in? X

I'm finding it pretty tough to be honest, especially at the weekend as we went out a few times for food as my bf was leaving for France this morning.

Back on track and have a good feeling about this week and know I can do well! I have my first weigh-in on Wednesday :)

Today I have eaten:

Weetabix minis & OJ - 5pts
Alpen light & jelly tots - 3pts
Tuna & Sweetcorn sandwich - 4pts

Then for the rest of the day I have:
Apple - 0pts
Yoghurt - 1pt
Pancakes - 3pts
Alpen - 1pt (but only if I get hungry and need it!)
WW ready meal for dinner - 4pts

Total of 21 pts out of a possible 22 :)

I'm finding it pretty tough to be honest, especially at the weekend as we went out a few times for food as my bf was leaving for France this morning.

Back on track and have a good feeling about this week and know I can do well! I have my first weigh-in on Wednesday :)

Today I have eaten:

Weetabix minis & OJ - 5pts
Alpen light & jelly tots - 3pts
Tuna & Sweetcorn sandwich - 4pts

Then for the rest of the day I have:
Apple - 0pts
Yoghurt - 1pt
Pancakes - 3pts
Alpen - 1pt (but only if I get hungry and need it!)
WW ready meal for dinner - 4pts

Total of 21 pts out of a possible 22 :)

Sounds as though you have things sorted for today Sweete, I had forgotten how different the pts are allocated on vintage! X

It's all based on calories and saturated fat. The formula I use is calories/70 + sat fat/4 = points (I have a sliding thing to calculate points but usually just do it on my phones calculator when out and about!). I find the old system works better than the new one and I have all the booklets and such :)

I find planning ahead and packing my lunch/snacks before work is a great way to stay on track :)

It's all based on calories and saturated fat. The formula I use is calories/70 + sat fat/4 = points (I have a sliding thing to calculate points but usually just do it on my phones calculator when out and about!). I find the old system works better than the new one and I have all the booklets and such :)

I find planning ahead and packing my lunch/snacks before work is a great way to stay on track :)

Sounds as though you're doing a fab job Sweetie, you're gonna do so well in the coming weeks. X

Back