Movicol

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
Be just been prescribed Movicol by my GP in order to clear out my bowels to see if it's the cause of my belly pains. But I've just had the first sachet, and it's so lemony. I've looked in the ingredients list and there's no mention of citric acid but I'm just wondering of I'm screwing up the diet for two weeks. I need to know whether to expect lower losses for the next couple of weeks really. Anyone else ever had Movicol?

Oopsy just read on line it's got lemon and line flavouring and my enemy citric acid, bloody typical. Still interested to hear if anyone else has taken Movicol and how it's affected their losses.

Couldn't you of tried some tablets from the shops? I'm sure they won't affect your weight losses that much anyway..

Sal ive had 4 movicols over the weekend they are very gentle... But I've got the plain one without lemon in I think these an orange flavour to??

You can buy over the counter also I pay £12 for mine. So maybe buy the plain one instead ??

Xx

xSinead said:
Couldn't you of tried some tablets from the shops? I'm sure they won't affect your weight losses that much anyway..

I thought that but dr wants my bowels thoroughly cleared out (her words) and Movicol is the gentlest, safest way.

*Shanny* said:
Sal ive had 4 movicols over the weekend they are very gentle... But I've got the plain one without lemon in I think these an orange flavour to??

You can buy over the counter also I pay £12 for mine. So maybe buy the plain one instead ??

Xx

Shanny is that for a box of 30? Didn't know they did other flavours. It's pretty disgusting. To be honest I'm not sure I should stay in ketosis anyway for blood and urine tests next week. I'm going to talk to CDC tomorrow about it. I think right now my guts are more important than losing a couple of extra lbs each week. Sticking with the diet though.

Shanny is that for a box of 30? Didn't know they did other flavours. It's pretty disgusting. To be honest I'm not sure I should stay in ketosis anyway for blood and urine tests next week. I'm going to talk to CDC tomorrow about it. I think right now my guts are more important than losing a couple of extra lbs each week. Sticking with the diet though.
Yep box of 30 from the phamaracy plain one I use and it's pretty affective Sal :)

Yep get cleared out first that's more important :) but glad u have been checked out now hun.

Hey there, I don't know if this is any help but my CDC told me to take dulcolax tablets, as they will not effect ketosis x:p

I swear by movicol, i have the plain flavour.
take one or two before bed time and see how you go but if you are really blocked you can take more it`s very gentle on ya tum
good luck hope it eases ya problem

kaz:)

I've been prescribed one a day but am tempted to take a couple to begin with to have a good clear out and take things from there. I'm night shift tonight so took one earlier but I'll take two in the morning before bed I think. How quickly will I see the 'effects' roughly.

I've been prescribed one a day but am tempted to take a couple to begin with to have a good clear out and take things from there. I'm night shift tonight so took one earlier but I'll take two in the morning before bed I think. How quickly will I see the 'effects' roughly.
ive taken 3 at once and went in the morning :) im sure u can have up to 6-8 sachets a day.. adn all very mild no cramps at all x

Back