Moving from Cambridge to Exante

Hi everyone,

Im really pleased i found minimins. I started CD 3 weeks ago , 810 plan, its been going quite well helped by the inspiring success stories on this site! Then i came across Exante. Ive just ordered my last weeks supply of CD and would like to move to Exante next week and doing TS. I just have a few questions.

Ive noticed its higher in calories than cambridge but im hoping it doesnt contain more sugar , i feel really hungry after eating sugar . Do you feel hungry on TS?

Im a bit worried that not seeing a person will make me a bit laid back and things will start popping in my mouth. But i hope if i weigh in with you lovely people it will be similar.

Are there are side effects?
How long does it take to deliver the products? is there a delivery charge?

Thanks xx

The calorie difference with CD doesn't seem to make any difference to weight loss - you'll see in loads of signatures the fantastic losses that have been achieved.
It's next working day delivery, and they even let you know in the morning an hour's delivery slot, which is great. There is a small delivery charge (although this is higher, I think if you're in N. Ireland)
Side effects are the same as with other VLCDs, including CD.
The shakes aren't as sweet as CD, but you can always add sweetener if you prefer.

Hi! Welcome to exante. I've not done any other VLCD other than exante so cant compare but I just wanted to welcome you on board.

I don't find the shakes too sweet, the customer service at exante is great, I've ordered 4 boxes and the delivery has been spot on each time - arriving the next day of ordered mon to thurs before 1pm.

Personally I've found it's the best diet I've ever done.

This board is the friendliest, most helpful, understanding group of people. Ever.

Goodluck and I look forward to reading your posts.

Hi there I'm a cd to exante convert too. I've been lurking around in this area of the forum for a day or 2 and it seems to be just like Cambridge. I'm ordering a months supply of shakes and bars on Friday. U save like £60 across the month compared to cd. The calories are a little higher but they do tell u to do 20mins exercise a day whereas Cambridge don't. I'm planning to do 3 shakes and a small 200kcal meal so it'll just be like doing 810 cd plan. And I also plan to start exercising again.

Hope you get off to a flying start. Let me know how u get on. Xx

So many people coming to Exante, hehe... it's great.

I jumped over to Exante after doing just over a week on Howard's Way which was similar to CD, you have to have check in sessions with a 'locum' and get monitored, and the calories were slightly less than Exante. It was also pretty pricy at i think 255.00 for a 4 week supply (vs 100 on exante ;)). The shakes were also really sweet vs Exante ones which are really quite plain, i have to add sweetener but i like that i can control this easily as my tastes change.

As far as the 'lack' of support goes whilst on Exante compared to having regular meetings,... i would say for me it has actually worked out MUCH better using this forum as my support rather than going to meetings / weigh-ins, etc. You do have to have the mindset to want to spend a bit of time on the forum though and feel happy to share, but it really helps. What i like most about the forum is that if you are having a hard time you can post and usually get a fast response or some encouragement to help get you over a little bump in the road. It's harder to contact diet counsellors in the same way for me because i feel guilty and/or i'm made to feel like i'm being a nuisance. Also, the process of tying stuff out, and also helping other people, helps solidify a lot of things in my mind which helps me succeed more (learn from other people's mistakes and stuff).

Hi all I'm a converter as well I've been doing cambridge for 12 weeks lost a whopping 4 stone have to come off due to a holiday in 2 weeks and then an op and then I'm swapping to exante I ordered my pack this morning so it will be here tmw so I'll have my last Cambridge shake today then exante for a week then I'll add more food like it advises you to do on Cambridge before my holiday then 3 days after u get back I go in hospital to have an op on my foot does anyone know how long it is before I can start back on the shakes ? thanks deb x

You mean how long after the op you can start back on the shakes? I'd maybe ask your doctor about that when you go in for surgery. If you do the add a meal version of the diet i'm sure it would be ok a few days after the op as long as you feel ok, but you'll want at least 3 or 4 days in my opinion to get over the effects of the anesthetic which can make you feel a bit 'off' for a few days, or if you don't do the diet at all you can calorie count to make sure you stay reasonable with your eating, i'm sure it would be fine. I'd definitely get the opinion of your doc on this one though before going to shakes-only unless you plan on waiting a few weeks.

You're going to need a good amount of protein after your op to help your body heal itself, so it's probably best that you wait until after you're better until you start exante. Like losingit said, always best to ask your doctor.

I believe with CD if you have a general anaesthetic you need to wait 3 months

Thanks for the replies doctors are useless when it comes to vlcd I haven't been to one that's been helpful when I've said which diet I'm doing I think I'll just see how I feel afterwards and see how I heal X

Hi there I'm a cd to exante convert too. I've been lurking around in this area of the forum for a day or 2 and it seems to be just like Cambridge. I'm ordering a months supply of shakes and bars on Friday. U save like £60 across the month compared to cd. The calories are a little higher but they do tell u to do 20mins exercise a day whereas Cambridge don't. I'm planning to do 3 shakes and a small 200kcal meal so it'll just be like doing 810 cd plan. And I also plan to start exercising again.

Hope you get off to a flying start. Let me know how u get on. Xx

hey guys i dont think ill be doing exante after all. the shipping charge to northern ireland is £21.60......absolutely ridiculous..!!!! so ive went to slim and save website and theirs is only £2.99 so ive ordered a weeks supply from them to see what they are like.

hope everyones doing good and has a good day. xxxx

Is the monthly price of exante going to stay £100 because it says a 50% off on teh website so will it go back up?

I think it's been at 50% off for.... well forever as far as i can see. At least a very very long time. They would be committing suicide if they got rid of it now - i've lost count of the number of people who come to exante for the price, and all their ads/marketing is focussed around the cheap price so to me it looks like it is their business model and here to stay.

Back