Moving from Development to Foundation... advice...

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
Hi,

Without saying tooooo much because I'm not sure who's lurking around here!!

As most of u know, I am in my 2nd week of development. I have been speaking to another girl who moved along to development with me, (we were the only two left!) but we're wondering if its possible to repeat Foundation. Our sessions were a bit mixed up, we missed the last few weeks of counselling due to a small group - so it just ended up being a "chat" without referral to the book, and we have agreed that we don't understand the majority of Foundation and think that without this we are going to end up back where we were at the start.

We have thought about changing offices, and going to another counsellor and explaining the situation to start again. Does anyone know if it's possible...?

Also... I've just been thinking about the structure of it..
  • I haven't had a medical check up since the first one at 28 days... and I've not been asked!
  • I have probably been checked for Ketosis about 4 weeks out of the 15 ish I've done
  • Looking in my record book, I've had two sets of measurements taken since the beginning
I need to do something about the amount of lapsing I'm doing. I don't understand the thought records so can't reach for the book etc when I want to eat. I lapsed earlier today and it just made me think that this whole thing is not working in my head. I have 5 good days and then I go and ruin it by eating bread or something. :cry:

It does not sound like you are getting very good service from your LLC. I would look for another in your area and have a chat with them and see what they reccomend. The lack of counseling, and ketosis stix, and measuring - all the things they are meant to do to spur you on are lacking. That my very well explain why you are lapsing more frequently then you would like too.

I'd look into that Claire - sounds a good idea to me. :)

Thanks Blonde... I think its just about time I sorted this out! I've been lucky that I have not put on weight even though I have lapsed quite a bit, but it ain't just about the weight... because I know in my head I am not doing it right, it is just making me want to eat more because I feel as though I am failing.

I still have over 3 stone to lose so hope that I can do Foundation again

No probs Claire. :)

I can't see why you couldn't start foundation over if you went to a new counselor. Maybe even your current one - but just doesn't sound that good. They are not losing any money doing it.

I think you are being very wise Claire....it is important to tackle things now, and learn not to lapse for future benefit, etc., , and then move on to learning to maintain, etc.

Good luck hon....loet us know what you find out. Might be useful to other members as well. :)

xx

No probs Claire. :)

I can't see why you couldn't start foundation over if you went to a new counselor. Maybe even your current one - but just doesn't sound that good. They are not losing any money doing it.

I think you are being very wise Claire....it is important to tackle things now, and learn not to lapse for future benefit, etc., , and then move on to learning to maintain, etc.

Good luck hon....loet us know what you find out. Might be useful to other members as well. :)

xx

I can assure u it definately won't be with the same counsellor!!

I have heard a few things lately which suggest £$£$£$ in certain peoples eyes :eek:

... & Well known by other LLC's for it apparently!

You are not alone in the 5 days on 1 day off thing, last week I lapsed on Saturday and this week I was good as gold all week and then Saturday comes around and whoops I did it again. I wish I could just reach into my head and flick off that self destruct switch!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Good luck finding your new councillor, and it is great you have someone in your group coming too.

I think your counsellor is incredibly important in your LL journey but I also think your group is too! That's why I'm nervous about development which I start tuesday. The group I was in for foundation really gelled, we had some really in-depth conversations which helped us all greatly and worked through all the really important stuff in the book. Claire, I hope you find a LLC that gives you what you need as I really think it makes a difference :)

Claire I asked my LLC about this and she said that yes you can do foundation again - I was going to do it again when I was doing LL last year but didn't and just did development..... so you shouldn't have any probs doing it ---- hope you find another LlC!

there was a lady in my foundation who joined late, missed several and went a bit off plan, when we went on to dev, she redid foundation.
I am sure you will be able to do that no probs.

Thanks everyone 4 ur responses :) I am going to go Developers on Wednesday, and speak to the other girl. I don't wanna pressure the other girl because shes been really good this week :) but we'll see.

:eek:
Question about Development - how is it different from Foundation? We still do the counseling sessions, right? Or do those actually end and it just becomes a weigh in?

There's no "counselling" so to speak...

Our first week... we got weighed, introduced ourselves... and then the LLC came in and dumped a pile of magazines... then she said "ok,today I want you to create a picture... detailing the old you, emergin into the new you"... walked out, left us for half an hour... came back in and we discussed what we had done and then thats it.

I didn't find it helpful.

Last week was slightly different.. we talked a bit more, but its nowhere near half as in depth as Foundations supposed to be...

Our developers group is made up of two people who started in July and have stayed pretty much the same weight since November and 1 other who has stayed pretty much the same for the past few months because she keeps lapsing with wine (oops!) ! and me and the girl I joined with from my foundation group.

Now I'd say that I get more counselling in my development or maybe that I get more out of it. We do do an exercise for about 10-15 mins without our counsellor but then she always spends ages going through it and our take/view of it. I'd say that the only real difference between the two classes is that there's no dvd to watch and that development is half an hour less.

Think perhaps you do need to find a different counsellor Claire.

I'll let you know next week after my first session in devlopment but I've been early for my group and listened in to another group of development and it sounded very similiar to what we did in foundation. I'm guessing you didn't get lucky with your LLC Claire :(

I think we gathered this within the last few weeks of foundation, obviously its hard 2 compare because I've never done anything like this before so we expected it was normal.

Will be speaking to another LLC next week to find out what to do... everyone I've spoken to seems to get alot more help.

Last week in developers 4 out of 5 of us said none of us understood how to do the thought records... i expected the LLC to say "ok then, well as ur all affected, how about we go through it now?" but no... she didn't really react... so I'm still sat here not havin a clue!!

Hehe... still managed to lose 5 stone on foundation though so must have been doin sumfin rite :rolleyes:

If I were you I'd change LLC! She doesn't sound to me like she's very committed! And it's a waste of your hard earnt money if you are not getting the support you should/deserve to get.

Every week without fail my LLC gets us to wee on a stick and every 4 weeks she makes us have our blood pressure checked. And regards to the Development sessions, she doesn't just dump us with magazines etc and leave us to it, it's a more indepth discussion. This week we did the ego states in more depth. We have brainstorming sessions, where the whole group is involved. And if one of us has a problem we, as a group, including our LLC, try and help.

I believe you will be taking a good positive step in changing LLC, who will give you the proper support and help in your journey to success.

We get a lot of counselling in development. It is essential to help you continue your journey and to break the repetative thought processes that lead us to put on weight in the first place. I dont think your counsellor sounds very good claire. We have about 45 mins per week on looking at different issues, talking about how our weeks have gone, thinking about what strategies we have used or could use to make situations more easy to handle. We have motivational speaker cd's as well.
However, the medical records are up to YOU to sort out. You are the one who has to go to the doc or pharmacy and get them done, it is not up to the counsellor to organise for you.
We ask for our measurements to be done. They are not done every 4 weeks etc it is whenever you want them done. Remember to be proactive and ask your counsellor to do them.

We get a lot of counselling in development. It is essential to help you continue your journey and to break the repetative thought processes that lead us to put on weight in the first place. I dont think your counsellor sounds very good claire. We have about 45 mins per week on looking at different issues, talking about how our weeks have gone, thinking about what strategies we have used or could use to make situations more easy to handle. We have motivational speaker cd's as well.
However, the medical records are up to YOU to sort out. You are the one who has to go to the doc or pharmacy and get them done, it is not up to the counsellor to organise for you.
We ask for our measurements to be done. They are not done every 4 weeks etc it is whenever you want them done. Remember to be proactive and ask your counsellor to do them.

About the medical... I was under the impression that if you don't hand them in they tell you, you can't do it anymore??? That's what made me think they will be pestering us for it...

About the medical... I was under the impression that if you don't hand them in they tell you, you can't do it anymore??? That's what made me think they will be pestering us for it...

It IS a requirement that you have those checkups...our LLC told one lady who thought she would not be able to get an appointment until the following week that if she did not get it that week she could not continue until she had it.

If I were you I would start challenging your LLC and perhaps even seek some reimbursement form HQ as she is not upholding her end of the bargaining. 4 packs of powder a day do not cost £66 a week - you are apying for her counseling mainly!!! Seriously - think your group has been done by your LLC - I would def say something.

We too have pee on stick EVERY single time we see her - even if we just pop in...she hands us a stick. We also are measured every four weeks and docs every 4 weeks. Check it out Claire.

x

Back