Moving Goalposts?

thinkthincd

Silver Member
Does anyone else find themselves moving their personal goal posts constantly?

I'm forever re-evaluating what weight i want to be, for eg my 1st goal when i started Cd was 15 Stone, the weight at which i got married. Then after a few weeks i decided that 14 stone was going to be my goal, a week later i changed my ticker to 13 stone (which is what it is set at now) today i reached the half way point to that goal and i've started thinking that maybe 11 and a half stone or 11 would be better!!!

I'm 5ft 9 so can carry 12/13 stone quite happily, but i think at 11 ish i will be about a size 12. I'm a little concerned that i'm going to keep doing this and become a bit obsessed and forever keep changing my goals.

Does anyone else do this?

I think it's only natural when to keep re-evaluating your goals. I often change my goals, but I just think so long as i keep losing weight and heading towards a healthy lifestyle, then I'm on the right track. I guess I'll know what my actual goal is when i get there!

I have always had the same goal, but I keep on changing my mind about when I am going to start working my way up the CD eating plans!!

Ruth

I used to think I would be happy if I could get into a size 16 now im in a size 14 and still ss-ing and waiting to get into a size 12 .lol.

Yep I'm constantly moving the goal posts too, always thought I would be happy as a size 12 now I'm in a 14 I think I would be happier as a 10.

Just hope it stops and I am happy at some point!!!

I'm 5'8 therefore quite tall and everyone keeps saying I'm gonna get too skinny. But I guess it's all about how I feel not them!!

I haven't really set myself a goal. The end weight and BMI is the one 'my lady' set for me.
I have never been below a size 16 in my adult life but would love to try being a 14's. I feel fine at 16s so I will be happy to get there if I can. At present I am a size 22/20 but this morning I put a freshly washed and ironed linen skirt on and the waist isnt all scrumpled up and it is sitting lower down. So I'm a happy bunny today.
Lynne x

I'm so glad its not just me, its so confusing changing your mind constantly but to be honest i haven't been under 15 stone in 5 years so i don't really know what i will look like under that.. so i will have to wait and see. I'll leave my ticker alone until i get to goal i think and then perhaps start a new on if i want to lose more. I think i may go on just a little longer to bmi 25 at least........ (here i go again!)

xxx

i have had the same goal of 11 and a half stone since i started. but i know that when i get there i'm probably going to want to go further. but since that is still a fair way off i'm going to get there first... ha.

abz xx

My goal is at the moment 10 and a half stone. But im short at only 5ft 5 so might move the goal when im closer to it.

i keep changing my goal in my mind and i can't decide when to start moving up the plans either!

i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure....!

I'm forever changing my mind!!
I sometimes wonder why I bother torturing myself when I'm already under BMI 25, but I've just become obsessed with getting back to the size I was a few years ago when I finished my 'main diet', before I let my weight creep back up again....
:banghead:
At nearly 28 I can't seem to get the weight off like I did at 23....I think my body may be trying to tell me something..but while I still have my size 10 jeans in the wardrobe, I'm not listening!!!! :doh:

I'm so glad its not just me, its so confusing changing your mind constantly but to be honest i haven't been under 15 stone in 5 years so i don't really know what i will look like under that.. so i will have to wait and see. I'll leave my ticker alone until i get to goal i think and then perhaps start a new on if i want to lose more. I think i may go on just a little longer to bmi 25 at least........ (here i go again!)

xxx

I think it's good to re-evaluate goals and move them when you're ready.....I have had loads of mini goals along the way - just knew that 10st was my ultimate goal from the start as I got to that in 2001 and it looked and felt right for me.......well done on losses to date - you're doing brilliantly! x

I am constantly rethinking my goal too. At first I just wanted to get to a normal weight range, then thought I needed some cushion so should go 10 pounds below that. Now I am thinking why not be in the middle or closer to the lower end of my range for my height. I'm a long way off from either of those, so I have started to break down my goals into 15 and 16 pounds at a time.

Back