Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Moving Goalposts?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by thinkthincd, 29 September 2008 Social URL.

1. thinkthincd

thinkthincd Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Does anyone else find themselves moving their personal goal posts constantly?

I'm forever re-evaluating what weight i want to be, for eg my 1st goal when i started Cd was 15 Stone, the weight at which i got married. Then after a few weeks i decided that 14 stone was going to be my goal, a week later i changed my ticker to 13 stone (which is what it is set at now) today i reached the half way point to that goal and i've started thinking that maybe 11 and a half stone or 11 would be better!!!

I'm 5ft 9 so can carry 12/13 stone quite happily, but i think at 11 ish i will be about a size 12. I'm a little concerned that i'm going to keep doing this and become a bit obsessed and forever keep changing my goals.

Does anyone else do this?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think it's only natural when to keep re-evaluating your goals. I often change my goals, but I just think so long as i keep losing weight and heading towards a healthy lifestyle, then I'm on the right track. I guess I'll know what my actual goal is when i get there!

4. madameruthybaby

madameruthybaby Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have always had the same goal, but I keep on changing my mind about when I am going to start working my way up the CD eating plans!!

Ruth

5. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I used to think I would be happy if I could get into a size 16 now im in a size 14 and still ss-ing and waiting to get into a size 12 .lol.

6. Kimberleyski

Kimberleyski Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep I'm constantly moving the goal posts too, always thought I would be happy as a size 12 now I'm in a 14 I think I would be happier as a 10.

Just hope it stops and I am happy at some point!!!

I'm 5'8 therefore quite tall and everyone keeps saying I'm gonna get too skinny. But I guess it's all about how I feel not them!!

7. wizzbang

wizzbang Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I haven't really set myself a goal. The end weight and BMI is the one 'my lady' set for me.
    I have never been below a size 16 in my adult life but would love to try being a 14's. I feel fine at 16s so I will be happy to get there if I can. At present I am a size 22/20 but this morning I put a freshly washed and ironed linen skirt on and the waist isnt all scrumpled up and it is sitting lower down. So I'm a happy bunny today.
    Lynne x

8. thinkthincd

thinkthincd Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(29.53%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm so glad its not just me, its so confusing changing your mind constantly but to be honest i haven't been under 15 stone in 5 years so i don't really know what i will look like under that.. so i will have to wait and see. I'll leave my ticker alone until i get to goal i think and then perhaps start a new on if i want to lose more. I think i may go on just a little longer to bmi 25 at least........ (here i go again!)

xxx

Minz likes this.
  9. abz

abz Gold Member

i have had the same goal of 11 and a half stone since i started. but i know that when i get there i'm probably going to want to go further. but since that is still a fair way off i'm going to get there first... ha.

abz xx

10. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

My goal is at the moment 10 and a half stone. But im short at only 5ft 5 so might move the goal when im closer to it.

11. BooBooChicken

BooBooChicken Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i keep changing my goal in my mind and i can't decide when to start moving up the plans either!

i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure....!

thinkthincd likes this.
  12. munkypooh

munkypooh Warning-Contains Nuts

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm forever changing my mind!!
    I sometimes wonder why I bother torturing myself when I'm already under BMI 25, but I've just become obsessed with getting back to the size I was a few years ago when I finished my 'main diet', before I let my weight creep back up again....
    :banghead:
    At nearly 28 I can't seem to get the weight off like I did at 23....I think my body may be trying to tell me something..but while I still have my size 10 jeans in the wardrobe, I'm not listening!!!! :doh:

13. Minz

Minz Maintainer

I think it's good to re-evaluate goals and move them when you're ready.....I have had loads of mini goals along the way - just knew that 10st was my ultimate goal from the start as I got to that in 2001 and it looked and felt right for me.......well done on losses to date - you're doing brilliantly! x

14. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am constantly rethinking my goal too. At first I just wanted to get to a normal weight range, then thought I needed some cushion so should go 10 pounds below that. Now I am thinking why not be in the middle or closer to the lower end of my range for my height. I'm a long way off from either of those, so I have started to break down my goals into 15 and 16 pounds at a time.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.