Moving over from Atkins

paigesmum30

Silver Member
Morning all,

Been following atkins with losses of 1lb a week which is FAB however if i can lose that AND eat healthy carbs then i think it's worth giving SW a go!

I'm expecting a gain when i weigh in on Thursday due to switching over but fingers crossed this works for me. Atkins was fab and all the peeps on the board are the best but i was getting a little bored with just meat, fish, veg and salad and at least on red/green days i can have one or two days a week where i can have JP with beans lol.

Welcome to SW!

I have to say I admire your mettle on Atkins...I could never do that. Plus, your body NEEDS healthy carbs. I couldn't cope without them! I find with SW I naturally limit things like bread without even realising (now I think of it, I haven't had a single slice in a week or so...2 total since starting SW 2 weeks ago).

I don't think I would ever try anything else now. SW is just too good and I say that while finishing my yummy bowl of leftover steak and potato bake :)

Quorn rocks! I actually hate steak so had quorn steak strips in my bake. Moussaka, yum!

Hi welcome aboard :) have you read up on Extra Easy plan? you don't need to just do red/greens anymore x

Hi welcome aboard :) have you read up on Extra Easy plan? you don't need to just do red/greens anymore x

Thanks for the reply. I only have the old book at the moment and haven't decided whether i want to go to a class or not yet. I've heard of the EE plan but seems a bit complicated unless i go to class.

Yeah veg is fine. EE isn't hard at all once you get your head around it, you could mix all three through the week for variation, we can help :)

I think the 1 third Superfree rule is what helps, plus fat gets cut down due to the cooking methods. I'm not sure, I personally think that our bodies thrive on a mixed diet though :)

Confused me too as an ex red/greener! But yes it's all down to the 1/3 superfree rule - this is what cuts your portions of the other stuff enabling you to eat both in a meal together, I love it! Far easier, especially if eating out.

It does sound yummy in that i could have chilli with rice etc rather than on its own. Hopefully if i stick to mainly red days up until a week Thursday my body should have settled down and not see a gain............we will see lol. It's so different from atkins, just eaten pepper and tomato soup and with atkins they are both a no-no in large portions as high in carbs. Just hope i don't pile the weight back on!

I would gradually reintroduce your healthy carbs, starting with say one small portion a day and gradually build it up. EE doesn't let you eat too many anyway if stuck to correctly. At least then when your body has readjusted, the new food group won't be another shock as you'll have already reintroduced it.

Hi, I did Atkins years ago and lost about 4 stones but it stopped working and eventually I gave up and have since piled the weight back on. I did enjoy Atkins but SW is much easier and the Extra Easy is amazing. It is honestly not at all complicated as all you do is make sure you have 1/3 veg with a few other wee rules. I recommend going to a class because you pick up lots of wee eating tips on how to get the most from the diet. Good luck to you and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you don't lose this week cos you've reintroduced carbs it will even itself out soon.

Back